Home

NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-12-2014, 12:15 PM   #257
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
Exactly.. It's not like they take 4 years off like GTA to make such large leaps and bounds. IMO they do a pretty damn good job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yet, even the core gameplay in GTA has remained the same over the last decade and a half. The technology and graphical fidelity have just improved in leaps and bounds around it, IMO. I still love the hell out of both (GTA & NBA 2K) titles, though.

The many places the series can still make huge improvements (IMO) is in artificial intelligence, play calling, individual team offensive/defensive systems, collision detection/player interactions/physics, more expansive player moves/animations, re-introducing the D - League and bringing back the Summer (League) Circuit into MyCareer/MyGM/MyLeague.

Pretty big list and I think most will be addressed or improved throughout this console cycle. Even still, the game will never be perfect or please everyone but I'll be happy with no missteps like NBA 2K4.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ using Tapatalk

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

Last edited by J_Posse; 09-12-2014 at 12:27 PM.
Old 09-12-2014, 12:21 PM   #258
Rookie

2KLeague's Arena

OVR: 0

I like that 2K is making minor improvements to its already winning formula. On the many short gameplay videos I've seen which might be around 6-8 minutes there has been at least 5 new animations shown which were realistic and smooth to me.
Old 09-12-2014, 12:25 PM   #259
MVP

tsbmolina's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KLeague
I like that 2K is making minor improvements to its already winning formula. On the many short gameplay videos I've seen which might be around 6-8 minutes there has been at least 5 new animations shown which were realistic and smooth to me.
Add 4995 more as 2K has added over 5000 new animations this year.
Old 09-12-2014, 12:26 PM   #260
Rookie

2KLeague's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
These "muscle guys" are still very slim/skinny compared to the average person.. Sure they are cut up like crazy and in amazing shape, but they aren't like body builder big.. Idk if you've ever been to a live NBA game to see it in person, but even LeBron looks pretty slim. They say the camera adds 10 pounds, it definitely does, and the wide screen TVs make it even worse..

I get what you're arguing, it could be better.. But just a couple years ago everyone was bitching they were too big, this "too skinny" looks much more realistic IMO, and we won't see "perfection" until we can literally change arm size, chest size, waist size, shoulder size, etc all independently on our own.

Just check the alternative from the EA sports videos they've released.. Everyone one has David Robinson shoulders and giant muscles emerging from their jersey when they lift their arms, it's the same complaint everyone had about 2K a couple years ago.

For example, someone everyone complains about is Noah, but when you aren't looking at him from the side (where everyone's arm looks biggest) his arm really isn't that big.

And for comparisons here, not on the basketball court, his forearm isn't any bigger than this girls.

These guys in general just aren't near as big as what everyone thinks they are from watching TV. There are a certain few who are, but 90% of the league is not.. We don't need a game where everyone looks like Karl Malone, far more inaccurate than a select few players looking "too skinny".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I beg to differ from that. I went to watch Team USA vs Team DR here in New York's exhibition game and Demarcus Cousins, Faried, Drummond just to name a few seemed big to me.
Old 09-12-2014, 12:30 PM   #261
Pro

Every shot was a contested low percentage shot, but every shot went in except the one miss which was a foul lmao. Same $#!T just a different year. disheartening, I want a legit basketball experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2014, 12:31 PM   #262
Banned

NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder

Spoiler

So, I have to buy 2K14 NG to see them? Why? I've watched it a lot on YT and seen them. What the hell are you talking about? Nothing I've really seen look different. Maybe that funky foul call, but I've seen most of these things before even on 360 lol. Again, what are you talking about? Nobody's says I have to buy either game? You're just talking now lol.

Who in the hell said it shouldn't be? I just said it looks like 2K14 so far and in the same post said, "I am happy". All this stuff you are saying I've never said in my post. I never said anything about a drastic change or anything.

How is it less informed, tell me lol. I am going off what I as in myself saw off the only gameplay I've seen. It looks very similar to 2K14. And I didn't see any of the new animations they've added this year so far. I bet if I said, "This gameplay looks so fresh, look how different this looks." I wouldn't even hear nothing about it being a short clip lol.

Again, who said it's not? You're the on a defensive about someone's opinion that you agree with lol. You're crying about nothing honestly.

Last edited by KobeBean8; 09-12-2014 at 12:37 PM.
Old 09-12-2014, 12:42 PM   #263
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by BQ32
Every shot was a contested low percentage shot, but every shot went in except the one miss which was a foul lmao. Same $#!T just a different year. disheartening, I want a legit basketball experience.
Quoted for ban

Bypassing the language filter
Old 09-12-2014, 12:58 PM   #264
Banned

DenverBornAndBred's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Im interested in what people were expecting. It looks like a 2k game. It looks like an improved 2k14 which is what everyone shouldve been expecting.

What game offers SIGNIFICANT gameplay changes year to year? Madden looks like an improved Madden 25 with new presentation elements. Same with FIFA. Same with the Show. Same with Live.

Why do people expect to be blown away every year when no sports video game ever do that?
Thank you. I say the same thing about ALL sports games and most games in general. All feel like like a slightly improved version of it's predecessor...........which is what I expect.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »