Home

NBA Live 15: Is the Delay a Reason for Panic or Optimism? (Roundtable)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15: Is the Delay a Reason for Panic or Optimism? (Roundtable) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-12-2014, 08:39 AM   #81
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NBA Live 15: Is the Delay a Reason for Panic or Optimism? (Roundtable)

Not saying that Live can't be good, but this is a yearly sports title that missed it's target date...it's apples and oranges.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2014, 08:39 AM   #82
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
EA is making a FUN, RESPONSIVE basketball game. Just give the game or demo a go when it comes out. Those 2 things are key for me. Fun and responsiveness.
To be honest, the game looks like its fun to play. Hopefully its not so rough around the edges that it takes away from the fun factor, but I feel like Live has a very good chance to be the most FUN basketball game that drops this year
Old 09-12-2014, 08:39 AM   #83
Rookie

JBulls's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Remember everyone, keep this in mind, some of the greateset games in the world had mega delays. Zelda, Uncharted, Alan Wake, Red Dead Redemption, you name it. Delays can be good!
If history is any indication then not for this franchise
Old 09-12-2014, 11:55 AM   #84
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Remember everyone, keep this in mind, some of the greateset games in the world had mega delays. Zelda, Uncharted, Alan Wake, Red Dead Redemption, you name it. Delays can be good!
What? You're talking about titles that generally take 3-5 years to make. Not a yearly sports title. The best basketball game in the world and the only football game in the world don't miss yearly dates. Not to mention the series history with cancellations/titles not coming out etc.
Old 09-12-2014, 03:49 PM   #85
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
It amazes me how such a big company like EA is that they cant get competent developers to make a solid basketball game. No matter what EA does with basketball wont effect me none the least ever as I decided after they shafted us customers with not patching NCAA basketball its last year of existence did me in for good with there lies and shady ways of doing business. Thankfully 2k makes a outstanding basketball game that EA has never came close to competing with so basketball fans do have a solid game yearly to play for the most part anyway.
Honestly if EA hasnt found competent devs for basketball by now they wont ever find them, so its probably in their best interest to just put those funds toward making Madden better, or some other game they make, I only play the 3 main sports baseball, basketball, and football so not sure what other games they make, but its obvious they have no clue how to make a basketball game and havent for the most part ever had a good basketball game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2014, 09:02 PM   #86
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

I don't know the answer to the thread's title, but the whole situation reminds me of NBA Live on last gen. The question, in my opinion, is: Is Live 15 going to be like Live 08 (fixing many problem of the previous title, but still not being that good), or Live 09 (Almost there, just need a few more tweaks and getting rid of some issues)?

I sure hope Live 15 is the Live 09 of this generation.
Old 09-12-2014, 09:46 PM   #87
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
It amazes me how such a big company like EA is that they cant get competent developers to make a solid basketball game. No matter what EA does with basketball wont effect me none the least ever as I decided after they shafted us customers with not patching NCAA basketball its last year of existence did me in for good with there lies and shady ways of doing business. Thankfully 2k makes a outstanding basketball game that EA has never came close to competing with so basketball fans do have a solid game yearly to play for the most part anyway.
Honestly if EA hasnt found competent devs for basketball by now they wont ever find them, so its probably in their best interest to just put those funds toward making Madden better, or some other game they make, I only play the 3 main sports baseball, basketball, and football so not sure what other games they make, but its obvious they have no clue how to make a basketball game and havent for the most part ever had a good basketball game.
they certainly lost focus after Wang left. Were like chickens with heads cut off after wang left. IF 15 fails, they need a new crew, simple as that.
Old 09-12-2014, 10:30 PM   #88
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
they certainly lost focus after Wang left. Were like chickens with heads cut off after wang left. IF 15 fails, they need a new crew, simple as that.
I'm kinda shocked that you would have a post like this, because you consistently have optimistic posts about Live. I guess you understand that this is a pivotal year for them to be well received. I hope they do because I hate to see people lose their jobs when they are not put in position to succeed. I just think the Big-Wigs are not investing in them enough, and are not providing them the proper resources or personnel to really get this series off the ground.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »