Home

NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-12-2014, 03:46 AM   #225
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder

I have nothing really negative to say about the gameplay, but I really liked the scoreboard in 2k14. This one seems very boring and generic. Just a rectangle divided into smaller squares. No curves at all. Even the pop-up is a plain rectangle. I noticed it was off-screen for a lot of the video. I hope they make some changes to it.

Last edited by blackngoldfan; 09-12-2014 at 03:51 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2014, 04:19 AM   #226
Rookie

OVR: 3

It astonishes me that 2K still hasn't fixed the skinny arms and the coat-hanger shoulders (Phil Jackson-like). It sticks out like a sore thumb when even big muscular guys like Perkins and Ibaka have toothpicks for arms. It makes the otherwise great looking graphics look terrible.

Come on, 2K. This is supposed to be "next gen" and we can't even get body models to look like real athletes? We need a more diverse body models, not just basically three types: super skinny, medium size (although the arms are skinny relative to the rest of the body), and super bulky (arms are skinny relative to the rest of the body).

Last edited by pdx_24; 09-12-2014 at 04:31 AM.
Old 09-12-2014, 07:13 AM   #227
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngoldfan
I have nothing really negative to say about the gameplay, but I really liked the scoreboard in 2k14. This one seems very boring and generic. Just a rectangle divided into smaller squares. No curves at all. Even the pop-up is a plain rectangle. I noticed it was off-screen for a lot of the video. I hope they make some changes to it.
Broadcast style, not Jay Z infused BS
Old 09-12-2014, 07:15 AM   #228
Rookie

swaggedout's Arena

OVR: 2

Lol, at people saying this looks like 2k14, what is it supposed to look like? Anyone expecting a completely different game every year need to wake up. None of these sports game jump light years from year to year, unless it moving from one generation to the next. Most games are going to be very similar, but with some adjustments in gameplay, visuals, modes, etc. It also kills me when a person entire post is negative about this game, then the last line is, "I'm still buying". I liked 2k14. It had its share of problems, but was very playable and I enjoyed it. If 2k15 is just a few upgrades and adjustments, so the game could play a lot better, I'm good with that. I'll reserve my overall impressions until I see, hear, and play it for myself.
Old 09-12-2014, 07:31 AM   #229
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaggedout
Lol, at people saying this looks like 2k14, what is it supposed to look like? Anyone expecting a completely different game every year need to wake up. None of these sports game jump light years from year to year, unless it moving from one generation to the next. Most games are going to be very similar, but with some adjustments in gameplay, visuals, modes, etc. It also kills me when a person entire post is negative about this game, then the last line is, "I'm still buying". I liked 2k14. It had its share of problems, but was very playable and I enjoyed it. If 2k15 is just a few upgrades and adjustments, so the game could play a lot better, I'm good with that. I'll reserve my overall impressions until I see, hear, and play it for myself.
Yeah right, see you here 2 months after release, I'm sure you will among the people who will complain about gameplay.
it looks the same no one can deny that, but that doesn't necessarily mean its bad as long as they polish the game. Right now its looks like a polished version of 2k14 and we all hope it plays better.
Old 09-12-2014, 07:41 AM   #230
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

I'm a little confused about people saying we can't draw conclusions because it was recorded on a cell phone. I haven't really seen many comments referring specifically to the crispness of graphics or anything that a direct capture could change. Even in this fuzzy, offscreen video, we can still see animations, cutaways, player models, etc.
Old 09-12-2014, 07:42 AM   #231
MVP

OVR: 25

Watched it just once, but it was enough to see some legacy issues. Clutter, poor spacing, overhead pass at 1 metre length from each other, forced shot canimation by Love with that post up. One thing was extremely evident and probably my biggest gripe with 2k, besides clutter/poor spacing, and that is inability to go by a defender when 1 on 1/ lack of first step explosion. It really kind of LIMITS the gameplay imo. If corrected it would open the game immensely, give it freedom it lacks at this point.

The cuts, camera zooms look great but the transition from the close up to gameplay again very hectic, chaotic with players speeding up in one direction then akwardly changing it. Remember Rob Jones talking about correcting in last year or 2 years ago, but seems they didn't. Kills the immersion to me.

Looks worse than gamescom clips, but I'm optimistic as this is my only bball game to play (PC gamer), so no other choice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2014, 07:47 AM   #232
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaynogamez
Right now its looks like a polished version of 2k14 and we all hope it plays better.
You know 2k16 will be a more polished version of 2k15 right? 2k has been upgrading each iteration yearly. Why do people act like this is something new?

I really think that most of you should take a break from buying a 2k game for a couple of years. Only then you will probably notice the BIG changes you're hoping for.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »