Home

NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-12-2014, 02:03 AM   #217
Rookie

OVR: 3
People knocking the graphics on this game are out of their mind. NBA 2k14 was/is one of the best looking 'next-gen' games out there. It's the low-quality camera-phone upload you're not impressed with, manned by someone who I can only assume was so impressed by the graphics, that it excuses him for looking up at the NBA 2k15 banner every 5 seconds to remind him it was just a video game.
Old 09-12-2014, 02:19 AM   #218
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder

My 2 biggest question and issues I had with NBA 2k14 that I want improved are does the CPU take pull up jumpers? They almost never died in 2k14 and 2 dose the CPU still score and get into the paint way to easy? Last year on default pro the CPU would average like 90 points in the paint and even with sliders the CPU scored way to much in the paint. If they could get the CPU to shoot pull up jumpers and if you could make it harder for the CPU to get into the paint the game would be so much better. Last year the CPU getting into the paint just about made the game unplayable.
Old 09-12-2014, 02:23 AM   #219
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by R9NALD9
Really don't understand the negativity. NBA 2k14's gameplay was mint IMO. If they took that gameplay exactly and only brought individual defensive matchups back then I'm sold. This looks like some decent improvement/refinement and they made a hell of a lot of changes to the franchise mode.

Definitely picking this up on day 1.

NBA 2k is still the sports game that represents it's sport the best IMO. It was always the show but nba 2k overtook them the last couple of years.

NBA 2k is not even close to the show. The show is hands down the best sports game out there. I don't even care for baseball much and I am a die hard nba fan and yet I like to play the show more. The show has almost no problems with its game play where NBA 2k the CPU never shoots pull up jumpers and scores in the paint way way to much.
Old 09-12-2014, 02:27 AM   #220
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmrfrosty7
People knocking the graphics on this game are out of their mind. NBA 2k14 was/is one of the best looking 'next-gen' games out there. It's the low-quality camera-phone upload you're not impressed with, manned by someone who I can only assume was so impressed by the graphics, that it excuses him for looking up at the NBA 2k15 banner every 5 seconds to remind him it was just a video game.

Yeah NBA 2k14 looked amazing like photo realistic on close ups and is so far the only game to blow me away on ps4 when it comes to graphics and normal the only time you see a big graphic jump is when you go form the last game on a old system to the first on a new system like form madden 99 on ps1 to madden 2000 on ps2. Normal other then new system ever year you just see small improvements to the graphics but over time with small improvements it = a lot. If you go look at like NBA 2k8 and compare it to NBA 2k9 not much of a difference but if you go look at NBA 2k8 and compare it to NBA 2K13 big difference.
Old 09-12-2014, 03:07 AM   #221
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeBean8
Didn't really see anything new. Not really no new animations or anything. Seems like 2K14 so far.

Again, I am happy I skipped 2K14 because the graphics and gameplay will all be new to me. But from the YT vids I watched, looks pretty much the same. Can't wait to hear more about other modes though.
So let me get this straight: You admit that you skipped 2K14, yet you chime in as some expert based on what you've seen on YouTube. To top it off, you're comparing it to a 4 minute fuzzy cellphone clip...

Wow!

Can someone just shoot me now?

Look, I am with many people on the 2k fatigue to a point. That's why I step away from the game for months. But my fatigue doesn't make the game any less of a good game. People expecting a game to change for the sake of change are quite naive and/or crazy. They will always find something to cry about and will not enjoy anything. The people that can claim more excitement for the other game are just troll baiting if you ask me.

I will say this; I do wish the "old build" excuses would just die already. Why the hell would you show an old build anywhere in the public? If it's old, it has to be in terms of days. I ignore that mess because once you get this late in the cycle, the game won't be all that different. But I've been wrong before and may be wrong now. With that said, there is absolutely nothing in that video that would make me not want to play NBA 2k15. End of story.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2014, 03:19 AM   #222
Banned

OVR: 0
NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder

Spoiler

First, I didn't read all of that, just the beginning. Second, where am I coming off as an expert lol? I said from what I saw, I didn't see any new animations. Quit crying like you're on their payroll. I also never said it was a bad thing and never said ANYTHING about the graphics being bad. I am talking pure gameplay wise of what I saw anyways. I also never said that they didn't add anything new to the game because I am sure they did.

I've been playing 2K for a long time and I am familiar with how the game plays. I have 2K14 on 360 and a lot of it still plays the same on 2K14 NG, you can look at it and tell. It probably "feels" different, but from everything I've watched it's pretty similar besides graphics. A lot of things that happen in CG happens in NG.

No matter what you say, my opinion will stay the same. I didn't see anything new gameplay wise in that video. It's def not a bad thing for me, but based on the only gameplay I saw of 2K15, it plays similar to 2K14. End of story.
Old 09-12-2014, 03:30 AM   #223
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesko
J
guessing cause they expecting those $60.
seriously though with the "power" of the new systems, I'd expect more gameplay changes rather than just graphical ones as there should be. Just saying cause player movement now should not be like older versions of 2k. Why would a player do a two handed over head pass to his teammate right in front of his face. The way they move is like they don't know that they're in a game. Those extra animations could be used to really bring the players to life and make use of this whole "living worlds" thing. If you can mimic the crowd leaving early due to the score then I'm sure they can give the players some sort of awareness on the court.
Preach my brother Preach!
Old 09-12-2014, 03:42 AM   #224
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
What other sports game does that year to year when it comes to gameplay?

I'm still waiting like 20 years now for Madden to show a "huge" improvement lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »