Home

NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-11-2014, 10:52 PM   #209
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder

Passes look weird, and some of the movement just looks really choppy.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:56 PM   #210
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSheep2910
Definitely going with that other basketball game (if they don't completely blow it). Nba 2k has officially become the Madden of basketball. Thanks to ppl claiming that its non sim canimation gameplay is god. Understand even great games can improve because no game is perfect. Go back and look at the drastic upgrade in quality from the snes/ Sega Genesis sports games to the PS1 games. Or PS1 to the Ps2/ Xbox. Then ask yourself why we have the same legacy issues going into a new gen? Its because these are the EXACT SAME game engines from last gen. These companies are lying to us (new engine my a**). You got like 10 times the power and come up with the same exact game. Wake up ppl!
I'm not saying that these games shouldn't improve but these are different times than the sega to ps1 days or ps1 to ps2 days. Those were much bigger leaps in technology and allowed relatively simple games to become much more complex and in depth, both in terms of visuals and gameplay. If you haven't noticed there hasn't been much in terms of innovation thus far this generation from any genre. Its mostly the same with better graphics, improved animations but nothing that has changed gaming like previous console generation shifts.

Its also much more difficult to rebuild a game from scratch compared to the sega, ps1 days. 2k could not simply rebuild the series with a new engine in a year and have it reach the same level of quality they typically produce. They would either have to take a year or so off, take a step back in quality in order to build the franchise back up, or have a seperate team working on a new engine while another team produces a game to meet the yearly date. In either one of those situations fans will get upset.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:58 PM   #211
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrtelford
My point must have been missed. Or you refuse to see it. So I will lay it out for you. IMO it is quite difficult to come to the conclusions you are coming to from the 1 video we have been shown. You VERY WELL might be right on ALL your criticisms.

My suggestion. Wait for more videos, or ideally play it, at a friends, at BestBuy, however (assuming you are on the fence still about buying it.) If you still feel the same way..post to your hearts content, and I will gladly read said posts and use your comments to decide if I will buy this or not (I skipped 2k14)

If was a developer, I would be driven nuts buy these type of comments when people haven't even held the game in their hands.

I love reading comments from people who actually have the games before I buy. I hate reading comments based on one crummy video. All I am saying. And you will probably disagree with me, because that is what people do on the internet. They argue. You will tell me you have spotted many of things that are still obviously "broken" or same as last year. to that I say, give it a chance. You could be wrong. Assuredly stating something based on so little information is risky.
Actually I agree with you. I shouldn't of judged it from one video. I'll reserved further judgement after I see more videos with higher quality or actually play it myself. Thanks for the thoughtful comment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2014, 12:17 AM   #212
Rookie

I just wish they fixed kyrie's hair. DAMN
Old 09-12-2014, 12:47 AM   #213
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamingsinceatari
I just wish they fixed kyrie's hair. DAMN
Yeah he looks practically unchanged....that hair is gross
Old 09-12-2014, 01:03 AM   #214
MVP

TUSS11's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostf4cekhila1234
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa y to much judgment on a 5 minute gameplay video of people who didn't know how to play the game
The sad thing is... that was CPU vs. CPU.
Old 09-12-2014, 01:16 AM   #215
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16
Really don't understand the negativity. NBA 2k14's gameplay was mint IMO. If they took that gameplay exactly and only brought individual defensive matchups back then I'm sold. This looks like some decent improvement/refinement and they made a hell of a lot of changes to the franchise mode.

Definitely picking this up on day 1.

NBA 2k is still the sports game that represents it's sport the best IMO. It was always the show but nba 2k overtook them the last couple of years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2014, 01:20 AM   #216
Rookie

OVR: 2

From that gameplay video it seems to be a smoother version of NBA 2K14, which is fine by me. Hopefully that is the case because I liked what I saw in that video.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »