Home

NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-11-2014, 08:06 PM   #193
Rookie

OVR: 3
Hard to ever watch any sports gameplay videos that are leaks or gameplay from expos or whatever because I just can't stand watching human H2H matchups. It's usually not the ideal representation of the game, or advancements in AI etc, especially with how I play the game which is typically tweaked to be as much of a simulation as possible.

This game was solid last year so I'm getting it either way (and I believe solid basically every year), but it's dumb to hold your expectations to any of these vids. Especially without audio and being controlled by people who skip through everything and aren't sim players by any means. Grains of salt.
Old 09-11-2014, 08:15 PM   #194
MVP

lakers24's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder

I'm surprised no one has mentioned it, but bruh...The animated logos are SOOOOO ESPN. I saw them going that direction last year with the 3d logos but now it's damn near a one-to-one recreation of the logo splash screens ESPN uses. It's a bit weird seeing as the game screams TNT everywhere else though.
Old 09-11-2014, 08:18 PM   #195
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloelite
I met and hung out with LD2K and Ronnie at last year's Gamestop Expo for pretty much the whole day, the homie JWill was with us too. We gave them criticism and feedbavk. They answered every question and they were open and honest about everything they could talk about at the time. This post is a response to the person who suggested no one would be critical of the game in front of the creators.
That would be I. And I stick by my comment. Of course people gonna give their opinions etc. But nobody would actually say to the creators (yes I know they not the literal creators guys) that the game looks and plays exactly like last year. I've been to different events and that's what I've seen with my own eyes, and have done myself I hated a game before, but when one of the companies representatives asked me how I liked it, I immediately said I like it a lot! Just look how people reacted To the LD2K comment, immediately guys commented back to him with, people just complain to complain types of comments etc. All I'm saying is sometimes when a developer or a rep for that developer around, people tend to say mostly positive things, which isn't wrong or a bad thing, just my observation.

Last edited by Dr. Banner; 09-11-2014 at 08:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2014, 08:32 PM   #196
Rookie

zrtelford's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Banner
That would be I. And I stick by my comment. Of course people gonna give their opinions etc. But nobody would actually say to the creators (yes I know they not the literal creators guys) that the game looks and plays exactly like last year. I've been to different events and that's what I've seen with my own eyes, and have done myself I hated a game before, but when one of the companies representatives asked me how I liked it, I immediately said I like it a lot! Just look how people reacted To the LD2K comment, immediately guys commented back to him with, people just complain to complain types of comments etc. All I'm saying is sometimes when a developer or a rep for that developer around, people tend to say mostly positive things, which isn't wrong or a bad thing, just my observation.

My point must have been missed. Or you refuse to see it. So I will lay it out for you. IMO it is quite difficult to come to the conclusions you are coming to from the 1 video we have been shown. You VERY WELL might be right on ALL your criticisms.

My suggestion. Wait for more videos, or ideally play it, at a friends, at BestBuy, however (assuming you are on the fence still about buying it.) If you still feel the same way..post to your hearts content, and I will gladly read said posts and use your comments to decide if I will buy this or not (I skipped 2k14)

If was a developer, I would be driven nuts buy these type of comments when people haven't even held the game in their hands.

I love reading comments from people who actually have the games before I buy. I hate reading comments based on one crummy video. All I am saying. And you will probably disagree with me, because that is what people do on the internet. They argue. You will tell me you have spotted many of things that are still obviously "broken" or same as last year. to that I say, give it a chance. You could be wrong. Assuredly stating something based on so little information is risky.

Last edited by zrtelford; 09-11-2014 at 08:43 PM.
Old 09-11-2014, 08:46 PM   #197
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrtelford
My point must have been missed. Or you refuse to see it. So I will lay it out for you. IMO it is quite difficult to come to the conclusions you are coming to from the 1 video we have been shown. You VERY WELL might be right on ALL your criticisms.

My suggestion. Wait for more videos, or ideally play it, at a friends, at BestBuy, however (assuming you are on the fence still about buying it.) If you still the same way..post to your hearts content, and I will gladly read said posts and use your comments to decide if I will buy this or not (I skipped 2k14)

If was a developer, I would be driven nuts buy these type of comments when people haven't even held the game in their hands.

I love reading comments from people who actually have the games before I buy. I hate reading comments based on one crummy video. All I am saying. And you will probably disagree with me, because that is what people do on the internet. They argue. You will tell me you have spotted many of things that are still obviously "broken" or same as last year. to that I say, give it chance. You could be wrong. Assuredly stating something based on so little information is risky.
And people, albeit unfairly, come to said conclusions because 2K is pretty slow when it comes to showing footage.

We're 3 weeks till release and no real gameplay has been shown.
We've seen videos but they're edited to look pretty, which is okay.
But we haven't seen any human vs. cpu on higher difficulties or nothing like that, so some people see this gameplay from a cell phone on a low difficulty and assume that's how the game will always play.

I mean some blame goes to 2K because people are making assumptions off the very little footage we've seen less than a month from release.

PERSONALLY, I know it'll be good..but other people don't follow the game like I do.

-Allen Iverson
Old 09-11-2014, 09:07 PM   #198
Rookie

JBulls's Arena

OVR: 2

No drastic animation improvements this year it seems. it's been said that they weren't able to take full advantage of their eco-motion engine last year due to time constraints, but I don't really see a huge difference between last gen gameplay, and this.

I was hoping for foot planting, and player momentum this year.
Old 09-11-2014, 09:27 PM   #199
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr2unitx
I haven't played 2K14 in a while but this just honestly looks the same. First time I've ever felt disappointed watching new content.
Completely agree 100%..looks the same. I have been more impressed with NBA LIVE more even though we have barely seen anything.
Old 09-11-2014, 09:37 PM   #200
Rookie

I've been a 2K guy since 2K6 on 360, but am yet to play 2K on next gen.

I thought this video looked promising. I know last year's game gets a lot of gripe, but it was the first 2K title of this generation so it's going to need to be improved.

What really excited me is how certain players movements look spot on. KD dribbling and running back on defense after scoring looked spot on. Thought I was watching a real highlight for a second.

Wasn't happy the user controlling Cleveland kept deferring with LeBron and passing the ball. Must have been a *****.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »