Home

NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-11-2014, 04:03 PM   #105
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofATL
I hate to admit it but....

For the first time in a while, I am actually more excited about NBA Live 15 coming out than 2K this year.
Why do you hate to admit it? Also what would make you more excited about Live at this point? The less than 2 minutes of gameplay they have shown?

Actually forget that. Lets keep this on 2k. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2014, 04:13 PM   #106
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Why do you hate to admit it? Also what would make you more excited about Live at this point? The less than 2 minutes of gameplay they have shown?

Actually forget that. Lets keep this on 2k. Thanks.
I've talked to people on youtube about how they can think Live is gonna be better than 2K, long story short the conversation always turns out to be with a Live fanboy lol, I'm all for competition but honestly there isn't any right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
still doesn't seem like there's much of a penalty for dribbling into other players (your own teammates or defenders)...seems like the user can still just dribble right into other players without losing the ball (can't completely confirm that from this video, but there was a moment where it looked like Kyrie backed the ball right into a defender but didn't lose the ball...and another time he dribbled right into Varejao but didn't lose the ball)
From the impressions thread a while ago someone said that it's easier to stay in front of someone as a defender now, so maybe if you're manually controlling a defender and a ballhandler dribbles into you you can either force a pass, pickup or even a turnover...hopefully.

-Allen Iverson
Old 09-11-2014, 04:14 PM   #107
MVP

OVR: 10

I liked what I saw so far!

-Saw more chest passes and naturally looking passing, which is a welcome addition visually for me.

-Ball handling appeared a little more fluid, better foot planting, smoother transitions...something, can't put my finger on it. Hoping that means stick control is a little more responsive.

-Thought Kevin Love face looked great. But, Kyrie doesn't even resemble himself, which is weird if they face captured him?!? Maybe final version will be better?

-Thought Durant player model looked "lankier" than 2k14 version. Big improvement.

-Was hoping Varejo's hair might move/bounced more with running, and I agree with whoever earlier said it looks twiggy. Probably should be a little more Fro'ee (is that a word? Frolicious?)

At least we finally got some video! I don't care what build it is...it is nice to see something in motion
Old 09-11-2014, 04:15 PM   #108
Rookie

Halloween's Arena

I'm honestly not too excited about that.

Game 'feels' and basically looks the same since forever. They never work on their weaknesses they only build up on the strong parts. I'm beginning to think they should completely rework the game from ground up gameplay wise, starting with actual footplanting.

To see those players constantly hovering all over the place just doesn't quite do it for me anymore. Live 15 has better footplanting imo and I think it really adds to both gameplay and realism. Unfortunately 2k doesn't seem to share my view on priorities.

Last edited by Halloween; 09-11-2014 at 04:17 PM.
Old 09-11-2014, 04:16 PM   #109
Pro

OVR: 2

I am on the fence. I just got a new ps4 but I am in love with the older gen game play. I don't know which version to get since I have not seen game play from last gen. I wonder if signature skills and signature moves are in the current gen game? Hopefully a feature sheet will come out soon...
Old 09-11-2014, 04:16 PM   #110
Banned

Looked amazing to me, I didnt play next gen 2k14 so this is all new to me.
Old 09-11-2014, 04:16 PM   #111
MVP

OVR: 3

really at this point id be satisfied with real defensive foot planting. i actually love the gameplay, but hate that defenders can cover so much ground, the exaggerated verticals, and the fact that defenders dont turn their hips and backpedal realistically.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2014, 04:17 PM   #112
Rookie

This look like the NFL 2k5 of basketball,like 2k is taking the nfl license fiasco personal and intend to wipe ea out of the only license they compete on, lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »