Home

NBA Live 15 Gameplay Videos (Instagram)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 Gameplay Videos (Instagram) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-11-2014, 12:10 PM   #177
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 15 Gameplay Videos (Instagram)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
This typically doesnt happen if you call plays or run pick and rolls.
Well, that leads into other issues. Plays tend to not develop quick enough, and they're not run very smoothly to work properly most of the time. And the pick and roll has its own set of problems: you can't choose which side the screen is set on, and sometimes the other off-ball, non-screeners do still make bad moves like I mentioned above.

Of course, these are all issues that can be remedied with better AI programming, so there really is no reason to just say "CPU, you no move until I tell you."
Old 09-11-2014, 12:32 PM   #178
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Exactly. I get it, you may not want to run plays because the play call system isn't exactly stellar or plays maybe breakdown too easily as you're trying to run them. But the offense should always be moving whether you call plays or not. That's just basketball man. Even playing pick up games at the park guys are moving off ball even if you aren't exactly running an offense or even know any of the guys you're playing with. There's no reason for an option to turn that off and certainly no reason for it to even be off by default.
Old 09-11-2014, 12:43 PM   #179
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
Oddly enough, I have mixed feelings about the auto-motion. In one respect, it's weird and not realistic to have players stand around and doing nothing, unless you're running an iso. And even then, they should still be looking for opportunities to get open.

On the other hand, I can't count the number of times I beat my man off the dribble, or draw another defender inside that would have been perfect for a drive and kick, only to have my AI teammate make a bonehead move off the ball (or at least a move I didn't want them to make), leading their defender into me or getting themselves out of position for an open shot.
Having motion within a set should not prevent you from driving and kicking.

Not sure I'm following because even Live 14 had that (the Steve Nash trailer).

Game was crap but the defensive rotations were proper.

The point is...a gamer shouldn't have to trigger motion unless they're calling a play IMO.
Old 09-11-2014, 01:19 PM   #180
Rookie

Blue12's Arena

They should have taken last year off and built the game from the ground up. They have improved visuals, but from the broadcast cam the player models and animations still remind me of Live 10.

I was really starting to buy in, but seeing these videos just showed me that the core engine is just not appropriate for this generation. I know people on this board don't like to discuss this, but there is no comparison in fluidity of the animation compared to 2k. Live will never get to that point with this current engine.

Before you say Live needs to focus on being their own game and not compete with 2k, I agree to a point but a basketball game is nothing without gameplay. The gameplay will never be right without proper animations.

I didn't writer this to bash EA or the Live developers. I know their not trying to make a bad game on purpose. I have really been rooting for Live, but seeing the small sample of gameplay showed me everything I needed to see.
Old 09-11-2014, 02:11 PM   #181
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandinDistress
I feel myself actually getting frustrated with your point of view. It's been stated many times that you are the only one who thinks this way. When six people don't agree with you, that means you're WRONG, But you just can't accept that, can you.

Off ball movement and sliders are not even in the same galaxy of conversation. Just like Aholbert32 has said MANY times. That dude has been around since 2002! Your argument and point of view hold little credibility to his. Not to mention several others have laughed and pointed out the flaw in your argument.

Off ball movement should not be an option. That is something key and crucial that needs to be there. This shouldn't even be a debate. Unless NBA Live is trying to make a hybrid NBA Jam/NBA simulation then there's no need to toggle off ball movement. Run plays? Sure. But having your players stand around like statues is not what basketball is. Not even going to try and understand what the developers were thinking on this one.

Seriously Da Throne, you seem like an alright dude, but you need to drop this argument before everyone on this board starts avoiding you like the Ebola virus

1st I'm not going to change my opinion just because I'm the odd man out and shame on people for trying to force someone to buy into groupthink. Think like everyone else or face alienation. Really?

2nd are you even reading my post? I clearly state I have no idea why this would be in the game. I have only disagreed on really two points. Those are that you shouldn't need sliders in order to make the best "SIM" game possible and that "realistic" is far more universal than the masses here seem to think.

The point I'm making is if you are saying to me customer X should have the right to as many options as they can have and I shouldn't have the right to limit customization how is this different? If I can adjust a slider to play a game as unrealistic as I want. How is that different from giving someone the option to do something equally as unrealistic or undo it at the click of a button?

Sliders are far superior because they are so more far reaching and impact so many different areas of the game. However if you are going to tell me I can't dictate what's "SIM" to another person then later say an option should never be in the game because it's not "SIM". Where is that line? When shouldn't an option like this be in a sports title? I'm just trying to get clarity on the subject. I have no idea why somebody would want to not have realistic movement in the game. Likewise I have no idea why somebody would want to turn the slider on 3pointer all the way and never miss a 3 in the half court.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2014, 03:09 PM   #182
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
1st I'm not going to change my opinion just because I'm the odd man out and shame on people for trying to force someone to buy into groupthink. Think like everyone else or face alienation. Really?

2nd are you even reading my post? I clearly state I have no idea why this would be in the game. I have only disagreed on really two points. Those are that you shouldn't need sliders in order to make the best "SIM" game possible and that "realistic" is far more universal than the masses here seem to think.

The point I'm making is if you are saying to me customer X should have the right to as many options as they can have and I shouldn't have the right to limit customization how is this different? If I can adjust a slider to play a game as unrealistic as I want. How is that different from giving someone the option to do something equally as unrealistic or undo it at the click of a button?

Sliders are far superior because they are so more far reaching and impact so many different areas of the game. However if you are going to tell me I can't dictate what's "SIM" to another person then later say an option should never be in the game because it's not "SIM". Where is that line? When shouldn't an option like this be in a sports title? I'm just trying to get clarity on the subject. I have no idea why somebody would want to not have realistic movement in the game. Likewise I have no idea why somebody would want to turn the slider on 3pointer all the way and never miss a 3 in the half court.
Sigh...so I guess we should add options to turn off rebounding. Lets add an option so that no one can steal the ball. We can also add options to turn off any kind of special dribbling because some people may find it difficult to do or defend against.

Stop acting like there cant be a line. There is a difference between eliminating fundamentals of a game and tweaking things to make a game less or more realistic.
Old 09-11-2014, 03:24 PM   #183
Rookie

OVR: 3

Well, for me, based off of these short videos that we've been shown. I can't really say that I'm impressed. They almost had me with the improved visuals trailer...then they released the short vids, and now these short vids. It looks like it suffers from the same thing as last year, lack of animations, no where near enough off ball movement, etc, etc...Man, I really want to give this series a chance. I want to have the option of having 2 great basketball games to chose from...but, it doesn't seem viable at this point.

Last edited by tha_show256; 09-11-2014 at 03:35 PM.
Old 09-11-2014, 03:29 PM   #184
Rookie

I'm not a fan boy of NBA live series or 2k I like both will be buying both as I always do but it just funny how much ppl analyze NBA Live gameplay we can do the same for both games 2k is a great tittle but it's has its flaws as well .....we need competition so let's not bash 1 game and not the other 2k is like madden their only great because it's the only game out live drop the ball yes they deserve everything but we as consumers win if we can get 2 great basketball games do let's look at this in positive prospective

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »