Home

NBA 2K15 May Allow You To Go Undrafted, Could Include an Auction House in MyTEAM

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 May Allow You To Go Undrafted, Could Include an Auction House in MyTEAM within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-11-2014, 02:57 PM   #33
Rookie

TDpresents's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 leaked info. Undrafted in MyCareer, Auction House in 2K15?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zasbury25
Not to be a total skeptic, but there are a few grammatical errors in that first page of info shown in the video..."weather" or not you believe this is an authentic job aid, I will leave that up to you all.
I noticed that too, but here is a picture of other job aids. I wouldn't post this if I didn't think it was legit. http://gyazo.com/dc994287af0fbc18ddd81f40f2b08ef5
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2014-09-11 at 1.54.49 PM.png (84.3 KB, 186 views)
Old 09-11-2014, 03:00 PM   #34
Rookie

TDpresents's Arena

I will update the original post with this, but I noticed Steam had the same undrafted My Career info for their game description, but it since has been removed. What do you guys think this means?
Old 09-11-2014, 03:06 PM   #35
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDpresents
I will update the original post with this, but I noticed Steam had the same undrafted My Career info for their game description, but it since has been removed. What do you guys think this means?

It could mean anything.

The way that your job-aid reads to me is that the MyPlayer just starts out undrafted at the time of creation. The very same thing could be said with 2k14, where before the draft, your MyPlayer was undrafted.

I have more concerns with MyCareer this year than in the past - the best think 2k could do is to separate the offline MyPlayer from the online MyPlayer - the fact that they keep trying to shoehorn the two together just leads to compromises which make the experience worse.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2014, 03:14 PM   #36
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
I saw that too, and with leaked info it's always 50/50; but for something so descriptive and such a reputable provider of the info like Steam to me it seems to be an actual leak.

I feel like if they're going the route of a linear story again, it's much more interesting if you're fighting for a spot on the roster, than stepping in right away and them forcing you to be "the man".
As long as it's more of a challenge in terms of actually gameplay I like the story, because even as a 70 overall (not bragging) I could play Hall of Fame and average 50 a game on 12 minute quarters...and you have to just to win half the time.
Hopefully they might add sliders to My Career, it would help a lot in my opinion. If not, than maybe it'll be harder to be a star which I wouldn't mind at all.

-Allen Iverson
Old 09-11-2014, 03:16 PM   #37
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taer
It could mean anything.

The way that your job-aid reads to me is that the MyPlayer just starts out undrafted at the time of creation. The very same thing could be said with 2k14, where before the draft, your MyPlayer was undrafted.

I have more concerns with MyCareer this year than in the past - the best think 2k could do is to separate the offline MyPlayer from the online MyPlayer - the fact that they keep trying to shoehorn the two together just leads to compromises which make the experience worse.
I feel like if they're adding back Crew, or something like that, they should definitely separate online and offline careers.
Keep VC out of the online world, it's a crutch to people who need a 99 overall and it takes away the competitiveness and the whole point of grinding to get your player to a star.

-Allen Iverson
Old 09-11-2014, 03:23 PM   #38
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
Definitely some cool info. I kinda prefer being drafted since it's more realistic. Never know where you could end up. Hopefully it's optional. Not a deal breaker or anything though just a preference.
Old 09-11-2014, 03:30 PM   #39
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NBA 2K15 May Allow You To Go Undrafted, Could Include an Auction House in MyTEAM

If they bring back Jackson Ellis or whoever, hope they limit references to "Social Media." And have him realistically react to my progress. I can smash him every time we play, but he's just as cocky and arrogant as ever with no levity or way to let him know "Dude, you are like 0-8 vs me, man. I'm just better than you." Or something.

Either way, I'm liking a LOT of what I see.
Old 09-11-2014, 03:42 PM   #40
The Magic

zasbury25's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
I noticed that too, but here is a picture of other job aids. I wouldn't post this if I didn't think it was legit.
No worries...it is hard to fathom that official documents like these do not get proofread before distribution to end users, but I guess anything's possible these days. Thanks for the info!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »