Home

NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-11-2014, 03:00 PM   #65
Pro

Rams_3's Arena

OVR: 1
It looks like 2k14. Not a bad thing but not anything new that jumps out. Still picking it up but disappointed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2014, 03:01 PM   #66
MVP

seanbarkley's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder

Really like the presentation and gameplay is just 2K's style, which is not a bad thing at all!

Things I really liked:

- Player gear. Love to see all the players wearing correct accessories with correct colors. THANK U SO MUCH BEDS!

- Kevin Love cyberface. Just impressive!

The only thing I didn't like:

Press area behind the baseline. Why is it always that empty? It's something that has been reported for years and just adding some people there would make the court look much better.
Old 09-11-2014, 03:02 PM   #67
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by king doe
i didn't see the shot meter under the cavs or the thunder players.
That option can be turned off.
Old 09-11-2014, 03:04 PM   #68
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesko
J
guessing cause they expecting those $60.
seriously though with the "power" of the new systems, I'd expect more gameplay changes rather than just graphical ones as there should be. Just saying cause player movement now should not be like older versions of 2k. Why would a player do a two handed over head pass to his teammate right in front of his face. The way they move is like they don't know that they're in a game. Those extra animations could be used to really bring the players to life and make use of this whole "living worlds" thing. If you can mimic the crowd leaving early due to the score then I'm sure they can give the players some sort of awareness on the court.
It was a 3 min game play video...do you think in a 3 minute video that all of the new animations are going to be shown? People have said over the years that they play 2k for months and still find new little details and animations so you're not going to see them all in 3 minutes. How do you know some of those new animations weren't used to bring players to life?

Personally I liked 2k14 gameplay wise, no it wasn't perfect but I never expect any game to reach that status, all the VC and limited options/customization really killed it for me. They have 2k15 with more options and have said to have made many gameplay changes so I'm looking forward to it as I wasn't a couple months ago.
Old 09-11-2014, 03:05 PM   #69
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

OVR: 0

I think 2K should just release a minute or so of straight up gameplay just to calm people down. CPU vs. CPU on Hall of Fame, because when you run on lower difficulties you start to see things like Varejao standing at the 3 point line and players running into eachother...

Another thing, gameplay isn't the best from 2K14 next gen, I thought 2K14 last gen was better and I'm not convinced it's 100% caught up yet...but I think with more power on the new systems 2K is going in the right direction and using it to upgrade game modes by doing things that couldn't be done before...gameplay will catch up through patches.

-Allen Iverson
Old 09-11-2014, 03:08 PM   #70
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
That option can be turned off.
You sure it's PvsP? If it is I'm ecstatic that I can finally play without any of the indicators.

I like Verajao's face but his hair from a distance looks like a bunch of twigs attached to his head. I'm sure a close up shot will show off his perm better graphically.

Last edited by Goffs; 09-11-2014 at 03:11 PM.
Old 09-11-2014, 03:09 PM   #71
MVP

OVR: 14

Last year, folks were blown away by the new next gen visuals, this year folks are disappointed because we don't have the same 'feeling' about those visuals as we did last year; It's the law of diminishing marginal utility.

Basketball is basketball, the court is the court, players are players, the crowd is the crowd, etc. When people expect to see something that looks COMPLETELY new from year to year, what are they expecting? It might be too much to expect new player models(how many different ways can they look anyway), a totally new animation system every year in a one year production cycle whilst making gameplay, mode, rating improvements, new features, audio, presentation, etc. etc.

That said, I personally see/have seen in other vids many subtle differences that I can imagine will have this game 'feeling' completely new. 2K vets should know to reserve judgement until playing the game; every year folks say the game looks the same, but most years it plays completely different and for the better.

Last edited by eko718; 09-11-2014 at 03:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2014, 03:11 PM   #72
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
You sure it's PvsP? If it is I'm ecstatic that I can finally play without any of the indicators.
I didnt say it was P v. P but its clear that a player is controlling the Cavs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »