Home

Madden NFL 15: Is The Game Smarter?

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: Is The Game Smarter? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-10-2014, 05:00 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 15: Is The Game Smarter?

It is smarter but much more work needs to be done.

Individual players are much smarter but what we need is to raise that AI to the team level so that the AI catches on to your playcalling tendencies and calls plays to adjust.

If I get 3 sacks with Suggs the AI should adapt and either slide the line to his side to get a double team or bring in an extra blocker. THe AI currently continues to use a standard pass protection scheme.
That is a team/coach level adjustment.
Old 09-10-2014, 09:25 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15: Is The Game Smarter?

AI adapting would be great. Catch on to what is beating them and adjust. Madden has got better in that each game plays a little different with different teams. They should improve in game adjustments. But that's wishful thinking being that they can even fix standard gameplay AI.
Old 09-11-2014, 04:29 AM   #51
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
I had quit buying EA football games every years a few years back, and I hadnt bought a Madden game in atleast 2 years until this year. I have been pleasantly surprised with the gameplay this year, other than QB's completion % being too high, I have been happy with the gameplay. Sim Stats need fixed, but really have enjoyed it this year on the PS3, and I hope they dont shaft us old gen guys and not fix the game.

If they fix the old gen game with patches, and continue to build on this years game then they will get me back as a yearly buyer of their game. I hope they do, but as EA devs have so many times in the past is they have screwed things up with patches and have also took several steps back from 1 year to the next in the past. Here is hoping htye finally have their act together, cause this year game on the PS3 anyway is the best Madden I have played in years, and I cant even remember th elast time I enjoyed a EA football game, but its been a very long time, and I dont think I have ever enjoyed a Madden game on the PS3 console. Probably got to go back to the old PS1 and Xbox since I enjoyed Madden until this year,lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2014, 08:36 AM   #52
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
I'm still not sold on Madden 15. I love the new defensive player angle, but I went back to 10 yesterday and I find the AI is just as competent in 10, if not moreso in 10 then 15. The AI has not gotten better. The answer is no. They are not smarter.
Old 09-11-2014, 02:08 PM   #53
Rookie

joshopsu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrom
I had Geno Smith throw for 80% completions on All-Pro against me one time. Geno Fricking Smith, yeah that's realistic, dude is a 60% pass on his best day.
Geno Smith completed 82.1% (23/28) against OAK this weekend. In 2013, he had 6 games of at least 60%, which included an 80% game (16/20) against ATL.
WE ALL NEED TO REMEMBER TO NOT JUDGE STATS BY 1 GAME. It's too small of a sample space.
Please don't confuse my above statement as being pro-madden or thinking the AI is great. I don't have the game yet. I just wanna remind people that you can't judge anything by 1 game of stats. In my opinion, you have to take a sample of AT LEAST 8 games, if not more.
Old 09-11-2014, 02:11 PM   #54
Rookie

joshopsu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedExPope
Hell no its not smarter. It's not even smart. It's dumber than ****. It won't run replays on questionable calls inside of 2 minutes in the 2nd and 4th quarters, and if you try to challenge a call at any other part of the game you're told "There's nothing to challenge."

If we're so smart at Tiburon, why don't we just scrap the challenging system and have the game just correctly call every single play? Since we can't handle making a functioning challenging and replay system.
I totally agree. The purpose of real life challenges is to correct HUMAN mistakes. There is no need for it in a video game to take up data space on a disk because the officials/referees are not HUMAN. It's just a waste of time.
Old 09-11-2014, 03:53 PM   #55
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofATL
The answer is NO

And the problem in general is EA Sports doesn't target the hardcore fans of the respected sports title. Instead they try and make the game accessible to everyone from 8 to 80 y/o, when they just need to make the games for the real gamers who will appreciate the game and come back for more.

So in the end very little effort is dedicated in making the games epic or more intelligent. Instead they focus on marketing and bullsh*t features like "Ultimate Team". Now they wanna remove key features of games like sliders & game modes that people love. Then on top of all of that, they have the nerve to buy exclusive rights so no one else can make a game. It is really absurd if you really take time to think about what they are doing to the sports genre of gaming. EA Sports is like a cancer in the industry that is slowly our beloved gaming experience.

It is an issue that has plagued EA Sports for years.... "greed over substance"
1st of all, Gold star to KingofATL, who IMO hit the nail on the head. Secondly, am I the only one that has seen blocking assignments that are set in stone? As in, a player is set to block on the right side, then he's put in motion to the left, and at the snap will run all the way to the right side for his "assignment"? I can even recall instances where two players have opposite assignments, mainly on punt team, who will cross each other at the snap, instead of just picking up the guy(s) on their own side.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2014, 03:23 PM   #56
Rookie

JasonZimmerman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrom
I had Geno Smith throw for 80% completions on All-Pro against me one time. Geno Fricking Smith, yeah that's realistic, dude is a 60% pass on his best day.
I play with the Bears, I was playing GB. I understand it's Rogers, but he went 27 for 29 and no matter what I tried to do I couldnt make him throw incomplete! Of his 2 incompletions, both shouldve been sacks fumbles, which BTW they still havent fixed that issue either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »