Home

NBA Live 15 Gameplay Videos (Instagram)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 Gameplay Videos (Instagram) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-11-2014, 01:17 AM   #161
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: NBA Live 15 Gameplay Videos (Instagram)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Thats a simplistic view. Re: Sliders, You have been presented with several reasons why people prefer sliders as an option.

Regarding off ball movement, OBM is a fundamental part of basketball. NBA teams dont stand around and stay in one place so you shouldnt need an option to make them do something that they should do. Thats like having an option for stealing or rebounding.

You are just arguing for the sake of arguing at this point. It takes a second of analysis to realize these are two different situations.
I believe 23 was the one who said some of his gamer friends like dunk fest and they should be able to play that way if they so choose(23 please feel free to correct me if that wasn't you). I don't disagree and I'm not against sliders. The only thing we disagree about is what can be deemed "realistic" or "SIM".

Sure there's a difference being that sliders give you way more control than this option. However both sliders and this option would give you the options to experience the game differently in that way they are similar. However if you are saying to me don't be a SIM Nazi forcing every single player to play the same brand of basketball. Don't you think it's just a tidbit contradictory to turn around a condemn this option just because we both deem it pointless?

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2014, 01:22 AM   #162
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I believe 23 was the one who said some of his gamer friends like dunk fest and they should be able to play that way if they so choose(23 please feel free to correct me if that wasn't you). I don't disagree and I'm not against sliders. The only thing we disagree about is what can be deemed "realistic" or "SIM".

Sure there's a difference being that sliders give you way more control than this option. However both sliders and this option would give you the options to experience the game differently in that way they are similar. However if you are saying to me don't be a SIM Nazi forcing every single player to play the same brand of basketball. Don't you think it's just a tidbit contradictory to turn around a condemn this option just because we both deem it pointless?

Im protesting this subject, that was not me.
Old 09-11-2014, 01:28 AM   #163
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Im protesting this subject, that was not me.
My apologizes. I certainly wouldn't want my name added to something that I didn't do. I try to not be so lazy and make such statements on recall, but I'm at work and don't really have the time to research who it was.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 09-11-2014, 02:15 AM   #164
Pro

ClevelandinDistress's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe

I feel myself actually getting frustrated with your point of view. It's been stated many times that you are the only one who thinks this way. When six people don't agree with you, that means you're WRONG, But you just can't accept that, can you.

Off ball movement and sliders are not even in the same galaxy of conversation. Just like Aholbert32 has said MANY times. That dude has been around since 2002! Your argument and point of view hold little credibility to his. Not to mention several others have laughed and pointed out the flaw in your argument.

Off ball movement should not be an option. That is something key and crucial that needs to be there. This shouldn't even be a debate. Unless NBA Live is trying to make a hybrid NBA Jam/NBA simulation then there's no need to toggle off ball movement. Run plays? Sure. But having your players stand around like statues is not what basketball is. Not even going to try and understand what the developers were thinking on this one.

Seriously Da Throne, you seem like an alright dude, but you need to drop this argument before everyone on this board starts avoiding you like the Ebola virus
Old 09-11-2014, 02:28 AM   #165
Banned

KingofATL's Arena

OVR: 1
That was due to them God awful dudes on the sticks. They made it look bad. I don't think it was the game itself. Dude took a terrible shot and the other dude was playing even worse defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2014, 08:03 AM   #166
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofATL
That was due to them God awful dudes on the sticks. They made it look bad. I don't think it was the game itself. Dude took a terrible shot and the other dude was playing even worse defense.
I understand your assessment of this, but you cannot say the same for the animations they still have in this game that will continue to affect them. The game will never be able to lift off the ground until they address these issues ASAP! Those weird animations make the gameplay seem off and unnatural.

Last edited by shutdown10; 09-11-2014 at 08:05 AM.
Old 09-11-2014, 08:33 AM   #167
Rookie

oMarcus2Ko's Arena

OVR: 2
NBA LIVE has been trying to use this engine of gameplay since ELITE 11, they need to try and build a whole nother Engine from the ground up, or use another one, because i truely feel that NBA LIVE 09-10 has better graphics seriously.
Old 09-11-2014, 08:37 AM   #168
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofATL
Starting with the excuses already, huh? Building up that equity early I see.

All leaked videos have terrible players.

Being a terrible player has nothing to do with 4 CPU-controlled teammates and 4 CPU-controlled opponents not going for a rebound while the ball drops to the ground in between them. Eight players letting that ball drop is just bad AI no matter how you slice it.

Back in Live 2005 you could tap rebounds until the ball went in or someone secured it. That's 10 years ago man.

I'm tired of these conversations about off-ball movement too. Last gen you could set your offense type and they'd run their sets regardless if you called a play or not.

Why are we taking steps back when the technology is more powerful?

Instead of making excuses, hold these guys accountable because this stuff is just flat out unacceptable. These are core aspects of gameplay. Not Sim stuff. Not fluff. Core fundamentals. And they're skimping on them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »