Home

NBA Live 15 Gameplay Videos (Instagram)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 Gameplay Videos (Instagram) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-10-2014, 10:34 PM   #137
Pro

ClevelandinDistress's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NBA Live 15 Gameplay Videos (Instagram)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bateman11
I didn't mind the videos. But here's something that's been an issue...

I think a lot of users here on OS are so used to being forced to play the game of basketball a certain way after so many years of only having a single title to choose from. NBA Live will, and has always, displayed the game in a completely different manner than the other title. With that being said, I think some people will be pleasantly surprised when they get a chance to try this game, and if they make an attempt at being good at it.

I liked live 14 because it felt like I could make decisions I would actually make on a basketball court to get the results I wanted. It just didn't look natural because of the lack of animation technology. From a purely basketball standpoint this game has a lot of promise. I can't even take a lot of the users on this site seriously anymore.
If you're suggesting you can't make decisions and get the results you want with the other game then you must be tripping.
Old 09-10-2014, 10:35 PM   #138
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Smh. Comments like that is what I can't take seriously. It's almost insulting people's intelligence.

Were all (for the most part) adults who have varying degrees of basketball knowledge and experience. I don't care how much I play a particular video game...I know the game of basketball...and I'll still be pretty good at it when I turn off my console and lace up my actual sneakers...

Live isn't going over people's heads here because it's THAT deep and guys dont know the sport...people just don't like what they see. Some do, and that's great as well...
Old 09-10-2014, 10:42 PM   #139
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Turning off people moving in organized basketball is laugable as an option, especially at the pro level.

Some people will defend anything and its a shame
Old 09-10-2014, 10:43 PM   #140
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
I see no harm on having such option, to turn it off ... I remember that there was a thread last year, on the competing title section
Spoiler
and prior to last year release, about off ball movement and there were plenty of users asking for no off ball movement at all ... I recall Da-Czar, late in the dev cycle, letting the devs know this and that they even implemented a feature to have off ball movement by context, no off ball movement at all, etc ... I am certaint because I suggested him about making it options like, so users could decide which form of basketball suit them best ... thus it only applyed to users teams and not to all ... wish it was and on a per team bases, so I could try and further differentiate good offenses from bad.

What I dont understand tho, is why is off by default (I would like it on and to me, seems more in line with what we see on the tv) ... then again, take my comment as a grain of salt within a huge cube of water, as didnt played Live 14.

In essence, never underestimate the power of giving more options to users.

I see your point. I guess guys who literally run a play every time down court might use it too....I don't know..

but I agree, they should probably leave auto motion on by default...all the work they did on off ball movement you'd think they'd want to show it off...
Old 09-10-2014, 10:55 PM   #141
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Turning off people moving in organized basketball is laugable as an option, especially at the pro level.

Some people will defend anything and its a shame
Considering the explanations offered as to why this option would be understandable, I'm surprised that's seen as defending the game. I know you've been around OS and sports video games in general long enough to have seen the type of POV towards sports games that would merit an option like this.

IMO, it's almost accustomed to saying why have a simulation or hardcore option in any sports game that's supposed to be as realistic as possible anyway. Having this option isn't much different, imo and again I'd rather have the option than forcing gamers to play the game one way or the other.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2014, 11:05 PM   #142
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Considering the explanations offered as to why this option would be understandable, I'm surprised that's seen as defending the game. I know you've been around OS and sports video games in general long enough to have seen the type of POV towards sports games that would merit an option like this.

IMO, it's almost accustomed to saying why have a simulation or hardcore option in any sports game that's supposed to be as realistic as possible anyway. Having this option isn't much different, imo and again I'd rather have the option than forcing gamers to play the game one way or the other.
Considering the amount of people that consider sliders a must so people can play how they want it's very surprising the attitude some or taking toward this option if that's truly the explanation.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 09-10-2014, 11:15 PM   #143
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal

They're doing that too so it doesn't matter.

There is always something this game is doing that nobody asked for but what they do ask for seems like a foreign object but that's another story I don't care to get into.

It's been said enough already and please
da throne let the sliders thing go man. You've been on here for 2 days straight with that and I honestly don't care to see anymore dissertations on it. Like I said before just agree to disagree and move on.
Old 09-10-2014, 11:16 PM   #144
Banned

ThaLiveKing's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
absolutely disappointed its still in the game!!!!! the players should move as soon as you get on offense!!!! turning on some feature to do so is beyond ridiculous!!!!!

watched the video again and I still see a lot of live 14 which makes me wonder how much time was spent on gp.
I'm sure they spent a lot of time on game play, adding animations, the problem is, are they making sure each animation is done properly. That Kobe Bryant travel move by George Hill is the kind of thing I'm talking about.

When you add animations to a game, can't you tune it in a way where it's done properly so it doesn't look awkward? Or are they just putting it in, just to say it's in there.

Either way, them boys have a lot of work to do, and all I'm hearing is talk!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »