Home

NBA Live 15 Gameplay Videos (Instagram)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 Gameplay Videos (Instagram) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-10-2014, 08:37 PM   #129
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 15 Gameplay Videos (Instagram)

Even if it is going to be an option, I can't understand why it wouldn't be on be default. If you have an important feature like that which makes the difference between whether the game plays realistic or not, how can you default it to be unrealistic if you're trying to make a sim game.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:40 PM   #130
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
At first I just laughed and smh at this thinking "typical Tiburon" but then I remembered how I'm always harping on "sim" options being a good thing. I constantly give Tiburon deserved grief for failing to provide options to make Madden capable of being both as realistic as possible for those that find that fun and traditional/legacy game play for others that enjoy that.

So considering that, I can jive with Tiburon providing an option like this and think it's an improvement over trying to create the one mode fits all, like in the past. Especially considering NBA Live 15 will not have sliders.

Options are always a good thing...

It's just that i'm not quite sure what the point of having the option to turn it off is, lol
Old 09-10-2014, 08:47 PM   #131
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter

It's just that i'm not quite sure what the point of having the option to turn it off is, lol
That's my point. Sim players and arcade players both want off ball movement. Who the hell doesn't want off ball movement?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2014, 08:53 PM   #132
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
That's my point. Sim players and arcade players both want off ball movement. Who the hell doesn't want off ball movement?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Youre making too much sense Aholbert....stop it....

[XLSL SIX NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SIV NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SVI NBA 2K12 Champion]

[SCH SI NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIV NBA 2K16 Champion]

[SCH SV NBA 2K18 Champion]
Old 09-10-2014, 09:22 PM   #133
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

Kinda let down :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-10-2014, 09:59 PM   #134
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:

I'm sure we'd all be surprised at the gamers that might want it turned off, the point is there are gamers out there that prefer NBA Live play like NBA Live, not real basketball. It doesn't take a lot of imagination to consider some casual gamer getting pissed because a player on their team or a User opponents team, flashes the paint or is just running around the court in general on their own. Believe me some gamers see stuff like that as "the game playing for you" and "video games are meant to be played not watched".

I couldn't careless about that POV though, as long as they provide options and settings to get the most realistic game play possible.
Old 09-10-2014, 10:01 PM   #135
MVP

bateman11's Arena

OVR: 14

I didn't mind the videos. But here's something that's been an issue...

I think a lot of users here on OS are so used to being forced to play the game of basketball a certain way after so many years of only having a single title to choose from. NBA Live will, and has always, displayed the game in a completely different manner than the other title. With that being said, I think some people will be pleasantly surprised when they get a chance to try this game, and if they make an attempt at being good at it.

I liked live 14 because it felt like I could make decisions I would actually make on a basketball court to get the results I wanted. It just didn't look natural because of the lack of animation technology. From a purely basketball standpoint this game has a lot of promise. I can't even take a lot of the users on this site seriously anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2014, 10:33 PM   #136
MVP

OVR: 33

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I'm sure we'd all be surprised at the gamers that might want it turned off, the point is there are gamers out there that prefer NBA Live play like NBA Live, not real basketball. It doesn't take a lot of imagination to consider some casual gamer getting pissed because a player on their team or a User opponents team, flashes the paint or is just running around the court in general on their own. Believe me some gamers see stuff like that as "the game playing for you" and "video games are meant to be played not watched".

I couldn't careless about that POV though, as long as they provide options and settings to get the most realistic game play possible.
I see no harm on having such option, to turn it off ... I remember that there was a thread last year, on the competing title section
Spoiler
and prior to last year release, about off ball movement and there were plenty of users asking for no off ball movement at all ... I recall Da-Czar, late in the dev cycle, letting the devs know this and that they even implemented a feature to have off ball movement by context, no off ball movement at all, etc ... I am certaint because I suggested him about making it options like, so users could decide which form of basketball suit them best ... thus it only applyed to users teams and not to all ... wish it was and on a per team bases, so I could try and further differentiate good offenses from bad.

What I dont understand tho, is why is off by default (I would like it on and to me, seems more in line with what we see on the tv) ... then again, take my comment as a grain of salt within a huge cube of water, as didnt played Live 14.

In essence, never underestimate the power of giving more options to users, the implications in terms of appealing to a broaden target are inmense.

Last edited by ffaacc03; 09-10-2014 at 10:40 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »