Home

NBA Live 15 Shown Last Night at GameSpot Expo, Not Shown Today at All

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 Shown Last Night at GameSpot Expo, Not Shown Today at All within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-10-2014, 05:47 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 15 Pulled From the Show Floor at the GameStop Expo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp111
We have seen more about the other game than this one is all i'm saying. Also you have been reading these forums for yr, BUT you just decided to join this forum in Sept.2014? Why is that sir?
I wasnt going to sign up. The other day I saw gameplay videos posted by EA and no one on here realized it so I just signed up to post the videos. You won't see me post much lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2014, 06:02 PM   #42
Banned

Live2K's Arena

Re: NBA Live 15 Shown Last Night at GameSpot Expo, Not Shown Today at All

Didn't realize so many posters here live in Cali right by that GameStop and hoped to play it today. You should be pissed! As for the others...nothing has changed. Demo and game will come out.
Old 09-10-2014, 06:27 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 5
Super damn duper sad!! How can anybody defend a company that deceives them every year like this. They lied, the game is not that great..The End. It's sort of like McDonalds offering free breakfast to kids in order to promote healthy eating. You'll always have people stand up and say.."hey it's not so bad and that was really nice they let little Timmy eat for free" Without realizing if lil Timmy eats this garbage every day, lil Timmy will die. If the team was proud of this product, they would stand behind and show it. This is nothing more then a desperate attempt to sale as many copies of poor product as possible. Hide it before they realize what it is. Hurry up man sale it..Their catching on.
Old 09-10-2014, 06:46 PM   #44
Rookie

It actually makes sense. It also makes sense if you have something to hide. If you dont, it makes sense because you wouldnt want parts of a game shown that will be (might be) cleaned up before release. When you're in the position of having more to lose than the competitor, that's the game. We have the get use to it and get over it.

If they have something to hide then... well we'll find out either through a demo (which I dont think will be happening) or when the game ships.
Old 09-10-2014, 07:17 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by @marcusjiles
It actually makes sense. It also makes sense if you have something to hide. If you dont, it makes sense because you wouldnt want parts of a game shown that will be (might be) cleaned up before release. When you're in the position of having more to lose than the competitor, that's the game. We have the get use to it and get over it.

If they have something to hide then... well we'll find out either through a demo (which I dont think will be happening) or when the game ships.
That's exactly what I'm saying. They would like you to buy it first and then realize how flawed it is. I'm not a supporter of EA on any level ( not since 05) and I have a solid bull**** detector. This is a disgraceful way to treat a consumer. Whatever negative feedback they get, it's absolutely deserved. The lemon law should also apply to software.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2014, 07:59 PM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface844
The footage we got is garbage. We got nothing that we can actually properly look at, same as Live. Not defending Live. It was clear it was being shown for a day.

Do I agree with showing it for a day? No, they should let people try it out but lets not act like the plan for EA to let people play for multiple days and all of sudden decided not to.

I understand why Live and EA are bashed so much and that's fine but whats with the double standard? 2K is being released in less then a month and we have no official footage. EA at least put out some official footage.

I dont expect Live 15 to be this amazing game. I just dont get how some of you can look at Live's state and be like its hopeless and not say that about 2K.

Because 2K has a track record, Live does not. I think that's what you don't understand. I'm sure there are people who simply want to bash Live to bash Live. The rest of us, WANT the game to succeed and when these constant baffling moves happen, it frustrates us. Steve doesn't have to cover the game at all but he chooses to because I'm sure he wants another basketball game to succeed too. Same with people who post in this section. It could be a ghost town but we all care enough to talk about teh game, good or bad.

2K is not hopeless. 2K is flawed but they have people WORKING on those flaws that have let us know that those flaws are fixed. Instead of posting open letters that they don't respond to, 2K have posted on these very forums answering questions about gameplay from fans. Some of the Live team have done that too but while we have no gameplay from 2K, we were told that the 1 3 1 zone is gone, zig zagging is out and the charge cheese is dead. Release day will tell the tale if that's true or not but 2K are taking care of problems that have plagued the game. Like someone mentioned earlier that vented, Live isn't taking care of problems that have been in the game for not just a couple of years now but for more than half a decade. 2K for all their faults, at least comes out on time every year and have their system down to a tee. You know what you get every year and when you're getting the info. You don't know this with Live and without a track record, people are going to doubt.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:05 PM   #47
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzombniac
Because 2K has a track record, Live does not. I think that's what you don't understand. I'm sure there are people who simply want to bash Live to bash Live. The rest of us, WANT the game to succeed and when these constant baffling moves happen, it frustrates us. Steve doesn't have to cover the game at all but he chooses to because I'm sure he wants another basketball game to succeed too. Same with people who post in this section. It could be a ghost town but we all care enough to talk about teh game, good or bad.

2K is not hopeless. 2K is flawed but they have people WORKING on those flaws that have let us know that those flaws are fixed. Instead of posting open letters that they don't respond to, 2K have posted on these very forums answering questions about gameplay from fans. Some of the Live team have done that too but while we have no gameplay from 2K, we were told that the 1 3 1 zone is gone, zig zagging is out and the charge cheese is dead. Release day will tell the tale if that's true or not but 2K are taking care of problems that have plagued the game. Like someone mentioned earlier that vented, Live isn't taking care of problems that have been in the game for not just a couple of years now but for more than half a decade. 2K for all their faults, at least comes out on time every year and have their system down to a tee. You know what you get every year and when you're getting the info. You don't know this with Live and without a track record, people are going to doubt.
Come on. 2K hasn't been any good since 2K11. 2K doesn't have a track record. They have a better one then EA but that doesnt mean they have a "good" one. The standards are simply too low.

2K has been saying for years the zone cheese is dead, the 3pt cheese is dead. Like I said i've been reading this forum for years and its the same thing every year for both games.

2K has the same problems its had since the 2K10/2K11 days. 2K is hopeless without competition and thats what EA brings. Has Live/EA been any better? No but 2K hasn't been any good either. Tired of buying the same game every year with roster updates.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:09 PM   #48
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface844
Come on. 2K hasn't been any good since 2K11. 2K doesn't have a track record. They have a better one then EA but that doesnt mean they have a "good" one. The standards are simply too low.

2K has been saying for years the zone cheese is dead, the 3pt cheese is dead. Like I said i've been reading this forum for years and its the same thing every year for both games.

2K has the same problems its had since the 2K10/2K11 days. 2K is hopeless without competition and thats what EA brings. Has Live/EA been any better? No but 2K hasn't been any good either. Tired of buying the same game every year with roster updates.
Not agreeing or disagreeing with either side, but can we keep on topic? No need turn it into a Live vs 2k thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »