Home

Madden NFL 15: Is The Game Smarter?

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: Is The Game Smarter? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-09-2014, 07:51 PM   #33
Pro

ASUBoy93's Arena

OVR: 2
The amount of Madden bashing on this thread is absurd. Yes, Madden has problems. Yes, the AI still doesn't represent real life. But most other games featuring sports have similar issues respective to their game. Madden 15 is better than 25, and the AI is better than previous games. They are trying guys.

Honestly the biggest problem I have with the AI is due to the less than adequate rating system. Geno Smith an 80 ovr with 85 deep accuracy? Very funny EA.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:10 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0
Well a lot of bashing going on for the best madden game we have had since madden in ps2/Xbox days. In an interview awhile ago a developer said that they knew the cb/wr battle isn't anywhere where we want it yet. I would bet hands down madden 16 revamps this.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:34 PM   #35
Rookie

Re: Madden NFL 15: Is The Game Smarter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUBoy93
The amount of Madden bashing on this thread is absurd. Yes, Madden has problems. Yes, the AI still doesn't represent real life. But most other games featuring sports have similar issues respective to their game. Madden 15 is better than 25, and the AI is better than previous games. They are trying guys.

Honestly the biggest problem I have with the AI is due to the less than adequate rating system. Geno Smith an 80 ovr with 85 deep accuracy? Very funny EA.
Sorry but I completely disagree. Their trying in terms of the visual effects and I can give them a lot of credit on that aspect. However the game play effort is down right lazy an awful. The same issues have been around for years and it is hands down one of the worst sports games in terms of simulation play. It takes hours/ days of slider tuning and patches to get a halfway decent challenge from the computer. I play All madden simulation and can't control the d line or I'll get a million sacks, can't user control secondary or I'll get a million picks, can't super sim because it turns the ball over like crazy and gives me the ball at the end of any quarter. Sliders haven't worked correctly for years, and have very little effect. Can't have fun playing against the computer when it doesn't give a realistic challenge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 09:54 PM   #36
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Like others have stated, yes it seems smarter in someways, dumber in others and status quo in still others but not smart enough as a whole. What I don't get and would like for someone to explain to me is why. When I use the term "not smart enough" in reference to the game and its' AI, can quantify that with examples.

Adaptive AI- I don't get why M15 isn't the pinnacle of this for an EA Football game, considering things like "...Game that adapts to you" M09 and "All-New Strategic Playcalling" NCAA Football 10.

AI Play Calling- Madden 11 added Game Planning, which was a solid foundation for allowing both Tiburon and User customization/sharing to create the most diverse play calling AI ever.

Individual Player Styles and Personalities- Madden 12 added DPP which has been woefully underused, imo, along with individual player ratings being in Madden since its' inception, yet Tiburon seems unwilling to tie these systems in with ever expounding, completely blown out, tiered animations.

AI Play Assignments- Over the years this has become probably the most frustrating of all the AI elements in Madden because, even though I'm admittedly no programmer or coder, I have to presume all 22 players on the field during any given play in every Madden within the past decade, are in fact programmed to do something, presumably related to their respective offensive/defensive play called. Considering that, I don't understand why any of those players would be programmed to do anything other than something based on and as closely related to as possible, real football assignments, within that given play or concept.

I don't mean to be harsh or comes across as if I think creating AI in a football is easy because I don't. What I'm trying to understand is how a game that seemingly has so many tools and systems accrued over the past decade, for potentially the smartest game of football ever, has failed to bring them all together at this point.

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 09-09-2014 at 09:57 PM.
Old 09-10-2014, 01:39 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by grodbetatted
As far as the receivers going being too passive, that's what user catching is for.... I hardly ever allow the CPU t make the catch for me. I do it myself more often that not
Exactly.

I also must be playing a different game than everyone else, because if the question is "Is the game smarter?" I don't see how it's not a resounding yes. This is, without doubt, the smartest and most complete Madden game to date. Now, depending on how you feel about Madden in the first place, that might not be saying much to you.

But the game is legit IMO, and while it certainly needs improvement, I have yet to play any sports game that I thought was absolutely perfect. Why should Madden be held to the highest levels of scrutiny when a good percentage of you guys feel like it's been total garbage the past 10 years anyway? No matter what EA did, it was going to be picked to pieces...

Last edited by jdareal21; 09-10-2014 at 01:41 AM.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:24 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofATL
The answer is NO

And the problem in general is EA Sports doesn't target the hardcore fans of the respected sports title. Instead they try and make the game accessible to everyone from 8 to 80 y/o, when they just need to make the games for the real gamers who will appreciate the game and come back for more.

So in the end very little effort is dedicated in making the games epic or more intelligent. Instead they focus on marketing and bullsh*t features like "Ultimate Team". Now they wanna remove key features of games like sliders & game modes that people love. Then on top of all of that, they have the nerve to buy exclusive rights so no one else can make a game. It is really absurd if you really take time to think about what they are doing to the sports genre of gaming. EA Sports is like a cancer in the industry that is slowly our beloved gaming experience.

It is an issue that has plagued EA Sports for years.... "greed over substance"
Couldn't agree with you more. Nice photo
Old 09-10-2014, 09:10 AM   #39
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

I think Madden 15 is smarter.

I had to put on my thinking cap a few times, depending on my opponent.

If smarter means more challenging, then mission accomplished.
Old 09-10-2014, 09:55 AM   #40
Rookie

I'm up 31-7 in the 4th with less than 2mins, I have the the ball, and on 3rd and long the cpu calls time out. Improved AI....I don't think so.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »