Home

NBA Live 15: Is the Delay a Reason for Panic or Optimism? (Roundtable)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15: Is the Delay a Reason for Panic or Optimism? (Roundtable) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-09-2014, 06:59 PM   #49
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NBA Live 15: Is the Delay a Reason for Panic or Optimism? (Roundtable)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Can we edit the rosters?
Wrong thread.

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 09-09-2014, 07:36 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 0
Panic, how much more can they really get done in just 3 extra weeks. Something must be really wrong with the game.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:57 PM   #51
Rookie

BigBadTom's Arena

I can't tell what is causing such a bad game. Is it a lack of talent on the Dev Team? Is it their inability to set a reasonable time frame? I know Live was bad, but why did they go from the ground up with the next game? If I were producing the game, I would give the head designer a blank check and 4 years to build the game. I assume they would be able to produce a solid product at that point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 08:39 PM   #52
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard-ian
As a basketball junkie, this is a good thing, first I won't have time to play both games from october 7th, so I will happily start with 2k15 while I wait for Live 15 to be released. Then if the demo convince me, I will purchase Live 15 also, you know, sometimes I get frustated with 2k ball, so to have another alternative basketball sim which plays differently is a very big pro to me.

Besides, to have more development time to polish the gameplay can never be bad, I know that quite well... Patience is the mother of science.

Cheers! ;-)
This is a good way to look at it. From a customer stand point the delay is good, unless the customer is someone who will only buy 1 basketball game and is unwilling to wait for Live.

In terms of sales for the game, however, I feel this move could hurt Live unless a demo proves the game is for real. Seeing how 2k has been the reigning champ for both sales and game rating I fear most fans will buy 2k and never look back, perhaps trying out the Live demo at best. There will be those who will buy both, such as the basketball heads who like variety, as well as the loyal Live fans who will buy the game for support but, IMO, giving 2k a 3 week advantage means the Live team has its work cut out for them to prove that there game is worthy of either a double purchase (as in people buying both 2k and Live) or worth holding off on 2k in order to try out or buy Live. The only other advantage I see for Live is if 2K falls on its face and is completely disappointing or if people get the game and after 2 or 3 weeks are bored and want something different
Old 09-09-2014, 09:27 PM   #53
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: NBA Live 15: Is the Delay a Reason for Panic or Optimism? (Roundtable)

Am I worried or panicking? No. Do I think it's a good move? I don't do.
I actually don't care about the delay, I've no feelings one way or the other because if the game ends up being good then great and if not there's always next year. I do wish they end up delivering a fantastic game though since in my opinion having two good basketball games is better than just one.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:37 PM   #54
Rookie

I actually was going to get this but after hearing that create-a-player is back for next gen and better for 2k15. Live can kiss my ***.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:03 PM   #55
Banned

Nabz's Arena

OVR: 2
It's crazy what happened to this series, it was soooooo good in NBA LIVE 2004/2005 and then the year after was next gen and it just dipped so hard, NBA Live 10 was actually good imo played it alot and then I have no idea why they blew up everything after
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 11:07 PM   #56
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
Since 2K brought back offline single-player with local saves, I'm set.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »