Home

NBA Live 15 Twitter Chat with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien, No Sliders Confirmed

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 Twitter Chat with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien, No Sliders Confirmed within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-09-2014, 04:18 PM   #121
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NBA Live 15 Twitter Chat with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien, No Sliders Confirm

It sounds moreso like you have a problem with dev teams approach or mentality than the inclusion of sliders. I agree that sliders shouldn't let devs off the hook, but now that they've made there way into our games, they shouldn't be gone.

It's like a game not having a franchise or online mode. Once they've been in multiple games it becomes a standard. To have a release without one certainly deserves backlash. Especially with this dev since they haven't gotten much right in the past few years.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 04:41 PM   #122
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: NBA Live 15 Twitter Chat with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien, No Sliders Confirm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
It sounds moreso like you have a problem with dev teams approach or mentality than the inclusion of sliders. I agree that sliders shouldn't let devs off the hook, but now that they've made there way into our games, they shouldn't be gone.

It's like a game not having a franchise or online mode. Once they've been in multiple games it becomes a standard. To have a release without one certainly deserves backlash. Especially with this dev since they haven't gotten much right in the past few years.

Exactly. Sliders should be for people that want to get a different experience not the best way a gamer can get a SIM experience that should be the developers job. The evidence suggest that sliders have become the latter.

As a gamer that prefers the most SIM experience as possible it doesn't bother me that this years title doesn't have any sliders. Only if EA can indeed deliver on all the promise of proper physics based on player attributes and synergy that ensure that said players play the way there real life counterparts plays. Again this is pretty ambitious for a company that has yet to come through. This is the gamble they are taking.

This franchise is trying to separate itself from it competition. I don't know if that means they are getting away from sliders or that sliders are just indeed at the bottom of their priority list. EA built the game up from scratch fairly recently, have shifted directions and are now playing catch-up. If this change can bring something fresh to the bball gaming genre while delivering on a great SIM on court product I have no problem supporting it.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

Last edited by da ThRONe; 09-09-2014 at 07:21 PM.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:02 PM   #123
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I think this is the fundamental difference on my stance from others. I see sliders as a crutch that developers use to give me an incomplete game, and they get away with it under the disguise of customization. There's no reason to have such statistical anomalies out the box on a game that focuses on being a SIM and that's well tuned.
This is just a difference of opinion.
For me, I think most people don't use sliders, they just play the game as it is.
When the devs decide how the game should play they base it on how a small sample of people play it, but when you have millions of people paying the gsme every day you are going to get different outcomes from what the devs anticipated.

That's why I think sliders should be in the game, so you can adjust the game to play the way you want too.

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 09-09-2014, 07:07 PM   #124
Pro

StankonYa's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeKing
Just said it in the other thread, but zero chance I purchase this game now with no sliders.

Can't force people to play the game a certain way. This isn't 1988 on the Nintendo.
I'm still going to try this game out, but yeah..no sliders is kind of a deal breaker.

It would most likely be a deal breaker for 2k15 also.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:11 PM   #125
Pro

StankonYa's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Exactly. Sliders should be for people that want to get a different experience not the best way a gamer can get a SIM experience that should be the developers job. The evidence suggest that sliders have become the latter.

As a gamer that prefers the most SIM experience as possible it doesn't bother me that this years title doesn't have any sliders. Only if EA can indeed deliver on all the promise of proper physics based on player attributes and synergy that ensure that said players play the way there real life counterparts plays. Again this is pretty ambitious for a company that has yet to come through. This is the gamble they are taking.

This franchise is trying to separate itself from it competition. I don't know if that means they are getting away from sliders and that sliders are just indeed at the bottom of their priority list. EA built the game up from scratch fairly recently, have shifted directions and are now playing catch-up. If this change can bring something fresh to the bball gaming genre while delivering on a great SIM on court product I have no problem supporting it.
I agree, I just wish they had sliders.It may even be something they can patch in later down the road.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 08:54 PM   #126
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Not that it would fix the game to every person's likings and/or make it "sim" to one's taste, but I hope the game at least includes several different settings - not only level of difficulty.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:26 PM   #127
Rookie

OVR: 6
You can't edit rosters which sucks.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:29 PM   #128
MVP

OVR: 11

we can't edit rosters, no sliders, what is ea trying to pull? i've been reading the same mess on the nhl section.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »