Home

NBA Live 15: Is the Delay a Reason for Panic or Optimism? (Roundtable)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15: Is the Delay a Reason for Panic or Optimism? (Roundtable) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-09-2014, 05:25 PM   #41
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: NBA Live 15: Is the Delay a Reason for Panic or Optimism? (Roundtable)

Call me naive but I can see the positive side to this delay. As a basketball game casual at this point, I find the delay refreshing, seeing it as yet another admission that NBA Live has a lot to prove in the face of dominating competition and a poor track record. No way I could ever see this delay happening if NBA Live had no direct competition or EA actually felt they could sell enough on just name recognition.

Also, I am watching this all unfold closely for some hope that Tiburon is actually capable of putting out a high quality product. I'm a hardcore football gamer, so if NBA Live 15 can somehow turn out to clearly be an undoubtedly quality basketball game, capable of competing with NBA2K game play, that would at least give me some indication of what Tiburon can accomplish when they must. Likewise, if they can't put out a quality game with the future of a legacy brand likely on the line, that pretty much tells me all I need to know about what to expect from them for any game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 05:33 PM   #42
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10
Not a good sign for Live 15. I guess we'll see though.

I really would like for Live to get on their feet to create competition and give gamers more options, but man, we've seen too much of this stuff from Live over the years to not look at this delay and say "Here we go again."
Old 09-09-2014, 06:24 PM   #43
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Actually man, even though you can definitely go hard for Live at times, you will turn right back around and break down it's issues in detail...no generic "it's not perfect" etc. but the actual issues that need to be addressed...and I respect that...we need more of that in the community...
just something ive been playing since '95 and I have a hard time of letting go things that I love.

at times '14 can play well imo, but there's also times where I just turn the console off without quitting the game due to certain things.

some of the things still exist and i'm hopeful they can fix it.

you guys will never understand the love/passion I have for nba live, but that's not going to stop me from being critical or going out to buy the other game which I have done for the past 5 years

Last edited by nick_sr; 09-09-2014 at 06:27 PM.
Old 09-09-2014, 06:26 PM   #44
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

I think it should be considered a warning sign. Just like The Sims 4 when noone was given review copies.
If EA doesn't release a demo or release review copies before release then we should be worried.

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 09-09-2014, 06:30 PM   #45
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by braves_94
IMO, EA was probably as blown out of the water, as the rest of us, with all the crazy updates to Dynasty mode 2K is doing this year. There's raising the bar, then there's that. To me, if Live has ONE thing on 2K, it just might be player handling. 2K is still the better looking game. But it feels like how the players handle suffer for it. And if Live can pull that off, they just might get a ground swell of younger gamers to build off of. Sort of like the difference between Madden 05 and NFL2K5. 2K5 was the better simulation, but, and this was to me when I was 18, Madden seem to play better from an arcade stand point. If Live can develop a base, and grow the complexity of the game around it, we might have competition. But to the flip side, EA really needs to nail down it's own brand. The company doesn't carry as much weight as it did in the SNES and Genesis days for me.
don't know what the budget is like but I don't understand why dynasty wasn't a major focus!! let's hope game modes are taking more seriously next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 06:36 PM   #46
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Can we edit the rosters?
Old 09-09-2014, 06:42 PM   #47
Pro

OVR: 2

As a basketball junkie, this is a good thing, first I won't have time to play both games from october 7th, so I will happily start with 2k15 while I wait for Live 15 to be released. Then if the demo convince me, I will purchase Live 15 also, you know, sometimes I get frustated with 2k ball, so to have another alternative basketball sim which plays differently is a very big pro to me.

Besides, to have more development time to polish the gameplay can never be bad, I know that quite well... Patience is the mother of science.

Cheers! ;-)

Last edited by Guard-ian; 09-09-2014 at 06:44 PM.
Old 09-09-2014, 06:43 PM   #48
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Well, it's at the Gamestop Expo today, playable. Find Ty Stover:

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »