Home

NBA Live 15: Is the Delay a Reason for Panic or Optimism? (Roundtable)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15: Is the Delay a Reason for Panic or Optimism? (Roundtable) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-09-2014, 02:55 PM   #33
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NBA Live 15: Is the Delay a Reason for Panic or Optimism? (Roundtable)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
You really believe that? Guess you guys like to ignore the negative things I have said about live.

Actually man, even though you can definitely go hard for Live at times, you will turn right back around and break down it's issues in detail...no generic "it's not perfect" etc. but the actual issues that need to be addressed...and I respect that...we need more of that in the community...
Old 09-09-2014, 03:15 PM   #34
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 15: Is the Delay a Reason for Panic or Optimism? (Roundtable)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haval93
No need for panic yet. I seriously doubt EA would cancel the game unless it's worse than Live 14, which it won't. EA has been delaying a couple of big franchises lately that have competition in the genre. Madden, NHL, and FIFA are lone wolves and don't need to be pushed back because they only compete with themselves where as both Dragon Age and Battlefield were both delayed by a couple of weeks in Dragon Age's case and to a couple of months to Battlefield's case. There is no need to call for the death of any game, if you don't like, simply don't buy it. I never understood the need to bash a game and try to get the game cancelled. Try out the game and if you don't like it, don't buy it. No need for pitchforks and complaints if you were never going to give the game a fair shot in the first place. /End Rant.
These are not yearly release titles though, and games like that can often be delayed simply because of the sheer volume of content. You can't really compare them to sports titles that are released every year.
Old 09-09-2014, 03:19 PM   #35
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
I want to be optimistic because I really want to see the Live series become successful once again but from the history of the way things went from Elite 11- Live 13 it's hard to be optimistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 03:19 PM   #36
Rookie

Anthony292's Arena

OVR: 0
2k got this in the back nobody is challenging them. For a long time .
Old 09-09-2014, 03:53 PM   #37
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Not good news at all.
Old 09-09-2014, 04:00 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 1
YUK! the players look skinny and pale. no beuno
Old 09-09-2014, 04:09 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 1
IMO, EA was probably as blown out of the water, as the rest of us, with all the crazy updates to Dynasty mode 2K is doing this year. There's raising the bar, then there's that. To me, if Live has ONE thing on 2K, it just might be player handling. 2K is still the better looking game. But it feels like how the players handle suffer for it. And if Live can pull that off, they just might get a ground swell of younger gamers to build off of. Sort of like the difference between Madden 05 and NFL2K5. 2K5 was the better simulation, but, and this was to me when I was 18, Madden seem to play better from an arcade stand point. If Live can develop a base, and grow the complexity of the game around it, we might have competition. But to the flip side, EA really needs to nail down it's own brand. The company doesn't carry as much weight as it did in the SNES and Genesis days for me.
Old 09-09-2014, 04:12 PM   #40
Rookie

dOm_CaTz's Arena

OVR: 5
I feel like they just need to cut this and get back to whats important. Getting back to MVP baseball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »