Home

NBA Live 15 Twitter Chat with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien, No Sliders Confirmed

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 Twitter Chat with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien, No Sliders Confirmed within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-09-2014, 01:46 PM   #105
Rookie

ifitbeginsitends's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NBA Live 15 Twitter Chat with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien, No Sliders Confirm

Gotta side with throne on this one! I get why you want sliders, LOL I bet NBA players wants sliders in real life but the game is the game. Players have no say in how it's officiated. All you can do is play within the rules and parameters of the game and adjust to what the refs are calling.
I understand that sliders empower users but when buying a NBA basketball game. It should play like the NBA without ever having to adjust anything.

Quite frankly sliders are just an excuse for developers to pass off work to consumers under the guise of more control. Don't charge me $60.00 to do your work for you. I just want a game that plays like the NBA that's what I want. Bad called and all of it!

I under stand more options are better but I want a NBA experience out of the box!
Live15I'mIn!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 01:54 PM   #106
Banned

KingofATL's Arena

OVR: 1
No sliders is a great "NO-NO" for real hardcore sim-gamers. The Dev's over at EA have continuously disrespected the "Sim-Nation" gamers in different ways for over a decade now. This is a huge slap in the face and probably will start to be the norm in EA Sports titles to come. Don't be surprised if this happens to all of the games in the future.

I feel that the new generation of sports games on the new consoles will suffer more and more vanishing features and disappearing game modes in the near future. And this includes 2K Sports as well.

I thought that the next-gen of gaming was suppose to give us more... seem like we are defintely getting less & less.....
Old 09-09-2014, 01:58 PM   #107
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA Live 15 Twitter Chat with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien, No Sliders Confirm

I am really baffled that folks are really defending this decision.....welp

Heck take away sliders might as well take away difficulty settings too....make it all the "Default" NBA "experience"...

Last edited by swac07; 09-09-2014 at 02:20 PM.
Old 09-09-2014, 02:02 PM   #108
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

All of the answers where exactly what you'd think they'd be. Pretty unnecessary interview.

What they need to do is release gameplay videos so we get to see the game and judge for ourselves.

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 09-09-2014, 02:03 PM   #109
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I really don't get why sliders are needed anyways. If the game really takes into consideration all the things it should we shouldn't need them. If I have to tweak things like scoring in the paint there's a fundamental issue with the game.

Just glad there adding something to the rising star mode.
Everyone plays the game differently. To achieve some results you need to ability to adjust how the game plays. Not having sliders is unacceptable to me, especially since they got heat for not having them last year.

Old 09-09-2014, 02:16 PM   #110
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifitbeginsitends
Gotta side with throne on this one! I get why you want sliders, LOL I bet NBA players wants sliders in real life but the game is the game. Players have no say in how it's officiated. All you can do is play within the rules and parameters of the game and adjust to what the refs are calling.
I understand that sliders empower users but when buying a NBA basketball game. It should play like the NBA without ever having to adjust anything.

Quite frankly sliders are just an excuse for developers to pass off work to consumers under the guise of more control. Don't charge me $60.00 to do your work for you. I just want a game that plays like the NBA that's what I want. Bad called and all of it!

I under stand more options are better but I want a NBA experience out of the box!
Live15I'mIn!
You're missing the point. Most people do want an NBA experience out of the box. No one wants to have to adjust sliders. But sometimes, it's necessary. Let's say that I have a slightly lower reaction time than you do. Should I not be able to have fun with the game because of that? Or should I be able to slightly adjust the CPU's awareness to match my own?

Even assuming they get it incredibly sim out of the box, if the developers do happen to get something wrong, why is it a bad thing to have the ability to fix it, without having to wait for an official patch, or even worse, next year's game?

Everyone has a different opinion of how the game should play. Sliders make it so each person can tailor the game to their liking. If you find a way to do that without needing to make a single change to any settings within the game, then you have done what no video game developer has been able to do in the history of video games, and should share that knowledge with the world.
Old 09-09-2014, 02:25 PM   #111
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
Everyone plays the game differently. To achieve some results you need to ability to adjust how the game plays. Not having sliders is unacceptable to me, especially since they got heat for not having them last year.

Again I am all for customization if it didn't feel like it comes at the expense of the best possible simulation game I could get. IMO it feels like a choice between SIM and sliders.

If I buy Madden I shouldn't have to adjust slider to prevent the CPU QB from completing 90% of his passes it just not realistic and shouldn't be that way out of the box. That IMO is an obvious game flaw that shouldn't be there if the goal is to be a simulation of NFL football. Same with basketball. Again if every year a develop team can have the core game play represent SIM basketball and can add slider for those that prefer things different cool. However adjusting sliders should not be the first thing I have to do right after I put the disc into/download the game just to get a decent SIM experience. For me the reason I'm not getting the most SIM experience possible every year and out of the box is that developers see sliders as a short cut packaged as giving players customization.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 02:34 PM   #112
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Again I am all for customization if it didn't feel like it comes at the expense of the best possible simulation game I could get. IMO it feels like a choice between SIM and sliders.

If I buy Madden I shouldn't have to adjust slider to prevent the CPU QB from completing 90% of his passes it just not realistic and shouldn't be that way out of the box. That IMO is an obvious game flaw that shouldn't be there if the goal is to be a simulation of NFL football. Same with basketball. Again if every year a develop team can have the core game play represent SIM basketball and can add slider for those that prefer things different cool. However adjusting sliders should not be the first thing I have to do right after I put the disc into/download the game just to get a decent SIM experience. For me the reason I'm not getting the most SIM experience possible every year and out of the box is that developers see sliders as a short cut packaged as giving players customization.
Slides would never take away from a perfect out of the box experience.
I too wish I didn't have to adjust sliders but you should be able to if you wanted to.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »