Home

NBA Live 15: Is the Delay a Reason for Panic or Optimism? (Roundtable)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15: Is the Delay a Reason for Panic or Optimism? (Roundtable) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-09-2014, 01:11 PM   #17
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: NBA Live 15: Is the Delay a Reason for Panic or Optimism? (Roundtable)

Giving EA most recent history with Elite/Live I can see why people would see this as a death sentence. To me that couldn't be any farther from the case. All the other times the game looked bad at every stage. This time the game is looking borderline great. The feedback for the most part was awful on Elite 11 and Live 14 again most of the feedback of Live 15 has been positive.

I've said it before I think people over at EA understands the next few launches will make or break the series and are being overly careful with everything.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:17 PM   #18
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Giving EA most recent history with Elite/Live I can see why people would see this as a death sentence. To me that couldn't be any farther from the case. All the other times the game looked bad at every stage. This time the game is looking borderline great. The feedback for the most part was awful on Elite 11 and Live 14 again most of the feedback of Live 15 has been positive.

I've said it before I think people over at EA understands the next few launches will make or break the series and are being overly careful with everything.

Live 15 looks better than Live 14, no question. But nowhere near "borderline great", IMO. If the game were borderline great, EA would be itching at the bit to get it in our hands and win some converts; not pushing it back 3 weeks.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:18 PM   #19
Rookie

Blue12's Arena

Quote:

The feedback has been positive but all we've seen is a few screenshots and a slow motion trailer. They made 14 look good in slow motion. I will say a majority of the info did indeed give me a reason for optimism, but it all could have been smoke and mirrors as well. I'm hoping for the best.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:19 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
Live 15 looks better than Live 14, no question. But nowhere near "borderline great", IMO. If the game were borderline great, EA would be itching at the bit to get it in our hands and win some converts; not pushing it back 3 weeks.
..and "Live 15 looks better than 14... " doesn't say much. it could look 10x better, and it's supposed to, but it still looks horribly fake...
Old 09-09-2014, 01:24 PM   #21
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue12
The feedback has been positive but all we've seen is a few screenshots and a slow motion trailer. They made 14 look good in slow motion. I will say a majority of the info did indeed give me a reason for optimism, but it all could have been smoke and mirrors as well. I'm hoping for the best.

I guess it's a matter of opinions. I never thought Live 14 looked good at any point.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 01:31 PM   #22
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe

EA is behind the 8ball here Live 15 is following 1 flop and 2 cancellations. I think EA are trying the leave no stone unturned method, and are micromanaging this release.

Again it's all opinion based and the vast majority of things I've seen from facial renders to the latest 5 on 5 vids all look borderline great to me. If someone sees it another way they are entitled to that opinion.

Last edited by da ThRONe; 09-09-2014 at 02:30 PM.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:45 PM   #23
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4

Blame the community

Soon enough some of you ppl will understand a video game will never replicate real life
Old 09-09-2014, 01:47 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
I guess it's a matter of opinions. I never thought Live 14 looked good at any point.
agreed. there is obviously a segment of the basketball games market that likes the arcady movements and overall unrealistic style and feel of Live. So there will always be people who will be impressed with whatever live puts out. both sides will never agree...

I prefer realistic look and feel, and 2K is moving towards this, while Live is just not. EA and the Live followers are happy with this style, and so they were all shocked at the overall negative reception to Live 14, even though they were all convinced it was fantastic.

there's a market for everything.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »