Home

NBA Live 15: Is the Delay a Reason for Panic or Optimism? (Roundtable)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15: Is the Delay a Reason for Panic or Optimism? (Roundtable) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-09-2014, 12:45 PM   #9
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0
I wasn't planning on picking up Live 15. However ,I was looking forward to seeing how far along the franchise has come and maybe giving Live 16 a shot. Now, I'm not sure what to think of this series or whether or not it will even be around long enough to legitimately challenge 2K. I have read that EA is committed to the franchise long term, so we'll see. But this ain't good in my book.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:46 PM   #10
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: NBA Live 15: Is the Delay a Reason for Panic or Optimism? (Roundtable)

Let's keep on topic and stop paying stuff that has nothing to do with the topic itself including on other people directly or indirectly
Old 09-09-2014, 12:50 PM   #11
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

I'm never optimistic with Tiburon. If it was another dev sure, more time could only be good, but Tiburon nah.....

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 12:51 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 13
The game is probably done, what can they do in 3 weeks that a day 1 patch can't fix? It would be easier to take if EA didn't act so big and mighty and actually talked to us, they would have more support. The only time they write those "open" letters is to hype us up or apologize for something.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:57 PM   #13
Rookie

The title of this roundtable is confusing. Is anyone actually optimistic by the delay?
Old 09-09-2014, 12:58 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 17

I don't know enough about programming and developing cycles to say whether the 3 weeks will make a difference, but as of now I look at it as a positive. The release date is still before the tip off of the season so we're not missing anything with respect to the actual season, and it could make the game better. I would hope it won't make the game worse. If the game is eventually cancelled, then so be it.

At this point, I was considering purchasing NBA Live 15 before this news and nothing about this delay changes that. If reviews and impressions are positive, I will give it a shot. If not, then I probably won't.

Here's to hoping that the dev team puts out a good game. Its the best outcome for anyone who is a fan of basketball video games.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:07 PM   #15
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

I see no reason to panic. Have we seen this before with Elite 11 and Live 13? Yes we have. They are releasing the game this time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 01:07 PM   #16
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

It's weird to even see a direction EA is going in with Live as a franchise.

Is it a sim? It's hard to be a sim when the graphics are very far behind 2K and gameplay looks so clunky. Obviously you don't need graphics but if you're going for a realistic kind of game it should look the part too.

I think what EA needs to do is instead of just trying to compete with 2K (which (if they make a good enough game) is good for both sides of the competition) they need to become DIRECT competition.
What I mean is, from what it looks like they're not going to beat 2K in sales or gameplay, so beat them in features and modes.

It's easy to see what guys want in 2K, they wanted more features in association (2K delivered, not LAST year though...Live could have capitalized), crew (still no word on next gen, Live could deliver), Auctions in My Team, Online Leagues, even Connected Career.

Maybe it's not as easy as I make it sound, but Live has chances to come in and deliver things that we want 2K to deliver. Still might not make it a better game, but would give us some features we keep pitching to 2K.

I used to buy both games every year, but since 08 2K has just been the game for me.

-Allen Iverson

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »