Home

NBA Live 15 Twitter Chat with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien, No Sliders Confirmed

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 Twitter Chat with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien, No Sliders Confirmed within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-09-2014, 12:03 PM   #97
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: NBA Live 15 Twitter Chat with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien, No Sliders Confirm

Pro Evolution Soccer doesn't have sliders, and never has. It still plays a better game of soccer than FIFA and it's sliders. Even at it's low point of a few years ago PES played better than FIFA.

I for one welcome a game without sliders, but only if the devs can deliver. Truth is you can have all the sliders in the world and the game can still play like crap.

As for using sliders to "customize" the game, customize what? You can't customize the NBA in real life. You can't stop the game and say, okay now all you guys shooting threes you need to start making more of them. Nonsense.

In the end it's up to the devs, sliders or no sliders. If I were a dev the only reason I'd add sliders is to give some leeway for potential balance problems that might arise. Because it'd be a shame to ship out a game that was close to the real thing, only to have it undermined by something small, something that could be tweaked for the better with sliders. That's the only real argument for having sliders in a game.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:12 PM   #98
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NBA Live 15 Twitter Chat with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien, No Sliders Confirm

Uh.....that's everyone's argument for sliders?
Old 09-09-2014, 12:13 PM   #99
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBass
Pro Evolution Soccer doesn't have sliders, and never has. It still plays a better game of soccer than FIFA and it's sliders. Even at it's low point of a few years ago PES played better than FIFA.

I for one welcome a game without sliders, but only if the devs can deliver. Truth is you can have all the sliders in the world and the game can still play like crap.

As for using sliders to "customize" the game, customize what? You can't customize the NBA in real life. You can't stop the game and say, okay now all you guys shooting threes you need to start making more of them. Nonsense.

In the end it's up to the devs, sliders or no sliders. If I were a dev the only reason I'd add sliders is to give some leeway for potential balance problems that might arise. Because it'd be a shame to ship out a game that was close to the real thing, only to have it undermined by something small, something that could be tweaked for the better with sliders. That's the only real argument for having sliders in a game.
This is the argument that everyone has been making for sliders. But either way, if I want to make every single three I take, I should be able to. Again, not everyone wants to play the same way, and sliders/roster edits make that an option.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:14 PM   #100
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:

Great point! I only want them to stop The points in the paint and adjust foul frequency. Seems as if fouls are being called this year from the lebront n stat line in the vid
Old 09-09-2014, 12:18 PM   #101
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Uh.....that's everyone's argument for sliders?
And it's a flimsy arguement at best. Devs can still screw up a game, sliders or not. Considering the game isn't even out yet, how 'bout y'all stfu?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 12:21 PM   #102
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Old 09-09-2014, 12:23 PM   #103
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
And it's a flimsy arguement at best. Devs can still screw up a game, sliders or not. Considering the game isn't even out yet, how 'bout y'all stfu?
Now was that necessary?

He can't make a simple statement without you going off the deep end?

Consider this a warning
Old 09-09-2014, 12:26 PM   #104
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Live brings out the internet bad***es apparently, lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »