Home

NBA Live 15: Is the Delay a Reason for Panic or Optimism? (Roundtable)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15: Is the Delay a Reason for Panic or Optimism? (Roundtable) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-09-2014, 11:38 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NBA Live 15: Is the Delay a Reason for Panic or Optimism? (Roundtable)

The video above was supplied by DLloydTV. Follow him on Twitter and subscribe to him on YouTube. If you want to play Dlloyd online, look him up at dlloyd17 on PSN and at DLloydTV on XBL.

In case you have been living under a rock today, NBA Live 15 has been delayed until October 28. For EA to delay a sports game is pretty unprecedented, especially at this stage in the game. Given the slow trickle of PR releases, and the rumblings we've been hearing, this is a move that likely was made some weeks ago.

There are several things this could mean, it could mean the game isn't finished and may not be by October 28. It could mean the team simply needed a few more weeks to finish the game and it'll actually come out better. It could mean the game will be cancelled, it's not like this hasn't happened before.

Read More - NBA Live 15: Is the Delay a Reason for Panic or Optimism?
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 11:41 AM   #2
Banned

iloveparkmin's Arena

OVR: 0
i really don't care about this game anymore.. i am happy to see this game getting cancel or get delay.. i never buy nba live series ever again. NBA live 15 look horrible and garbage
Old 09-09-2014, 11:44 AM   #3
Rookie

At least they know that it is not up to the standards of the users. But seriously they had long enough
Old 09-09-2014, 11:53 AM   #4
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NBA Live 15: Is the Delay a Reason for Panic or Optimism? (Roundtable)

Panic . No show in August. Barely any footage shown. The 3 second clips looked promising but that's it. I don't know what else to make of the game

The delay tells me that the game is not up to standards yet . 3 weeks might polish a few things but what made them choose that over a patch? seriously need to flood us with info and videos over the next couple weeks to even keep interest.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 09-09-2014, 12:06 PM   #5
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Dustin has a typo in his section.

I'm wondering honestly if the delay is 3 weeks

How much extra time is it really when they have to still get it certified and printed and shipped by then?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 12:10 PM   #6
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Dustin has a typo in his section.

I'm wondering honestly if the delay is 3 weeks

How much extra time is it really when they have to still get it certified and printed and shipped by then?
I'm guessing the game will already be printed and shipped (or ready to ship), but they're working on a day 1 patch to add what they're working on. Rather than release the game and have it out for a month before the fixes are in, they're holding the release date until the fixes are done so everyone can get them as soon as the game is started up.

At least, I would hope that's the logic behind the delay. But you're right; everything that's going on the disc is pretty much done at this point.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:17 PM   #7
MVP

tsbmolina's Arena

OVR: 2
RIP NBA Live, you lived off your past legacy far to long as is.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:33 PM   #8
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
I'm guessing the game will already be printed and shipped (or ready to ship), but they're working on a day 1 patch to add what they're working on. Rather than release the game and have it out for a month before the fixes are in, they're holding the release date until the fixes are done so everyone can get them as soon as the game is started up.

At least, I would hope that's the logic behind the delay. But you're right; everything that's going on the disc is pretty much done at this point.
I agree and said something similar in the other thread. They didn't get a chance to fix everything that is expected by ship date. This gives them a chance to fix/patch stuff in without bad press that they planned on patching in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »