Home

NBA Live 15 Twitter Chat with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien, No Sliders Confirmed

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 Twitter Chat with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien, No Sliders Confirmed within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-09-2014, 09:49 AM   #89
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NBA Live 15 Twitter Chat with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien, No Sliders Confirm

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Sliders effect what's on the court....they arent to adjust the menu..

They could work solely on gameplay for an extra year for all I care, but they're handicapping themselves with the decision.
Exactly you are left with a game that plays to the final build of the dev's team point of view of Sim, arcade. It holds them back and it holds us back from improving the game. Why count on Synergy only? If Synergy doesn't work as expected the user is left playing something that sliders could have addressed.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:11 AM   #90
Pro

OVR: 8
They can't keep charging full price for a game that doesn't have the basic elements of a sports game in 2014 and 2015. I hate to bring up 2K, but when they began to take over, they released some of the best sports games for $20. Everyone had to try it out then. You can't tell people you're a work in progress, offer less in your package and then sit on the shelf next to a superior product and expect to keep stockholders happy with your sales. That's arrogant to expect consumers to pay you full price for something that you know is lacking. You want to gain back a fan base you have to establish good will. Live 15 for 20 or 30 dollars would be a start. Being more active here during your development helps. I may bash Live, but that's because they earned it. If they had done anything dope since Lebron left for Miami, I would've sang their praises too. This company has been making basketball games since Magic and Bird were in their primes. Cutting them slack sounds silly if they want full price. They have the ability to obtain more resources than 2K, but somehow we end up with this? They literally have their long time fans grasping for any shred positive news and footage to substantiate their fandom. The people deserve better. Their fans deserve better.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:13 AM   #91
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NBA Live 15 Twitter Chat with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien, No Sliders Confirm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
I'im not a programmer, but I assume there is a lot of resources used for programing for slider interaction and how it affects AI and every aspect of the game. The focus on the game is obviously gameplay and that's what I always wanted. Again, remove what you need to get the game on the court playing right, then worry about modes and sliders later. I support EA doing this. It's about resources and focus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
I'd still rather they focus on the court than other things. Gameplay needs to be fixed and that's what they are doing .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 10:20 AM   #92
Rookie

thesniper321's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
How did you come to this conclusion? The point is if it's not tuned enough that I can play right out the box something is wrong with the game. If players are making 90% of there lay ups or only 10% of drives end in fouls that's a problem that shouldn't have been there to begin with. If you or I can correct these things by simply pressing some buttons why aren't they tune in the 1st place.
...DAMN
Old 09-09-2014, 10:55 AM   #93
Rookie

OVR: 0

Why are you all getting mad when it was confirmed months ago that there would be no sliders. Yes it's disappointing but honestly I very rarely ever adjust sliders and just adjust foul frequencies etc. I'm very excited about this years game after last years disappointment that I played a lot. You can't assume everyone wants sliders just like you can't assume everyone doesn't want them. Give the guy a break he's just speaking his mind. Not every person that buys 15 is going to be a SIM head that adjust those settings. If you are out after no sliders then you def weren't that invested in the first place.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:41 AM   #94
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

When was it confirmed prior to last night that there would be no sliders?

And people are upset they're not giving us the OPTIONS to fit the game to our liking, just like we don't have the OPTION to edit rosters or even players.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:53 AM   #95
MVP

stlpimpmonsta's Arena

OVR: 11

.nvlvjv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 12:02 PM   #96
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

A lot of us actually didn't know, including me, and I have been following the news releases. I thought it was just roster management that wasn't included. What does it matter if people are upset or not? If you’re going to buy the game no matter what, that's fine...but not everyone is 'invested' in Live\EA, some just want a good basketball game. So when disappointing news comes, people are going to speak on it. As they should.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »