Home

NBA Live 15 Twitter Chat with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien, No Sliders Confirmed

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 Twitter Chat with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien, No Sliders Confirmed within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-09-2014, 06:54 AM   #81
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA Live 15 Twitter Chat with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien, No Sliders Confirm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMrRager_
He said "best Durant out there" lmao. I found that hilarious.
have you seen their durant? just curious
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 07:05 AM   #82
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
I think no sliders suck but it's not a deal breaker yet. Some of the gameplay released look decent.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:33 AM   #83
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 15 Twitter Chat with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien, No Sliders Confirm

Quote:
Originally Posted by grodbetatted
I honestly don't see the big deal about the sliders.. i feel the game should play the most "sim" out of the box... Sliders aren't used to make the game more sim per the user, to me its more to make the game EASIER for them. 2k and EA alike have the game on specific settings because that is what best represents basketball. I've seen people adjust sliders and play and I'm like really? Watching them play is horrid and definitely not an accurate simulation of basketball... its an eye sore that the basketball gods wouldn't appreciate.
So if, out of the box, the CPU is able to predict passes and jump the lane 50% of the time you throw a pass, you're fine not being able to adjust that?

Yes, some people use the sliders to give themselves a huge advantage, but sometimes being able to tweak something that feels a little off can make a huge difference.

Quote:
2k and EA alike have the game on specific settings because that is what best represents basketball.
Yet the two games play very differently. Why is that? If one of them really was what "best represents basketball," there would be no need to make a new game next year. They could just release a roster update and be done with it.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:46 AM   #84
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

I'im not a programmer, but I assume there is a lot of resources used for programing for slider interaction and how it affects AI and every aspect of the game. The focus on the game is obviously gameplay and that's what I always wanted. Again, remove what you need to get the game on the court playing right, then worry about modes and sliders later. I support EA doing this. It's about resources and focus.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:16 AM   #85
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Leaving all gameplay adjustments to Synergy and difficulty levels adjustment just sounds like a recipe for disappointment. No game will ever be tuned to the level the user wants. This is basic sports gaming 101. To me it sounds like they coded the game in a way that makes placing sliders difficult and then they have to test them which equals more time that they don't have now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 09:18 AM   #86
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
Leaving all gameplay adjustments to Synergy and difficulty levels adjustment just sounds like a recipe for disappointment. No game will ever be tuned to the level the user wants. This is basic sports gaming 101. To me it sounds like they coded the game in a way that makes placing sliders difficult and then they have to test them which equals more time that they don't have now.
I'd still rather they focus on the court than other things. Gameplay needs to be fixed and that's what they are doing .
Old 09-09-2014, 09:39 AM   #87
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
NBA Live 15 Twitter Chat with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien, No Sliders Con...

Sliders effect what's on the court....they aren't there to adjust the menu..

They could work solely on gameplay for an extra year for all I care, but they're handicapping themselves with the decision.

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 09-09-2014 at 09:49 AM.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:42 AM   #88
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
I'd still rather they focus on the court than other things. Gameplay needs to be fixed and that's what they are doing .
Yeah it is clear the game isn't ready just yet that is why they need time. I am talking basic sports programming.

Games need tuners done by the developers (things that they can fix in the background) and then games need sliders, and roster edits as well as difficulty settings. It is what it is now and I am not saying they should try to put it in now. This is a coding decision IMO that was setup way before Live 15 or probably even 14.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »