Home

NBA Live 15 Twitter Chat with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien, No Sliders Confirmed

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 Twitter Chat with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien, No Sliders Confirmed within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-09-2014, 01:53 AM   #73
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: NBA Live 15 Twitter Chat with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien, No Sliders Confirm

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I think where people are losing me is on the word "realistic" it's IMO far less subjective as some are trying to make it. I think what people are saying is that we should have sliders so people can play the games as unrealistic as they want to. Which seems like it's the opposite of what I hear from game designers. I don't think I've ever seen a sports game designer gave detail descriptions about how unSIM they are trying to make their games. Even then I'm sure some kind of arcade mode coupled with the difficulty levels can be installed to give causals something less realistic.

I think you should agree to disagree and move on. Its not even a debate, you don't think its necessary and everyone else does. There isnt a conversation in the world you're going to have to move people from that side because its basically taking something away from them that works for them. I dont care if a game was 99.5% perfect, you still don't take away people's options.
Old 09-09-2014, 02:03 AM   #74
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

NO SLIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????????? ???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NO SLIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????????? ??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-09-2014, 02:04 AM   #75
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Ok rant over. no sliders? come on really? we were all BUT HURT for not having em last year AND NOW YOU AGAIN OMIT IT?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 04:46 AM   #76
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NBA Live 15 Twitter Chat with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien, No Sliders Confirm

I'm not going to say what I really want to say about EA's direction with this series the past few years now....So I'll keep clean

To be quite frank this is why I don't post very much at all on the Live boards because it's obvious they have moved on from things like sliders that allowed us to customize the gameplay to fit our needs and instead they are forcing us to play B-Ball their way because somehow or someway they got the feedback that their way represented the best gameplay out of the box hands down and their AI is superior to anything we've ever seen before........

It's really not even worth the time complaining about it anymore you can either buy their game and play it the way they want you to play it or you can keep your $60 bucks in your pocket and wait til NEXT YEAR AGAIN.....

Either way I don't think they give a rats u know what.....which is obvious since they completely ignored one of the biggest request (Sliders) on these boards and probably several other gaming sites.

Ask EA to take a look at the Roster and Sliders forums over here and compare it to their rivals if they think it's not a big deal to their customers...

Those boards have been pretty much useless for the past 2 years now and that won't change this year either because of the lack of editing control we have.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 09-09-2014 at 04:56 AM.
Old 09-09-2014, 04:58 AM   #77
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Not having the ability to edit player is a much more bigger problem than not having sliders IMO.

I disagree big time. Sliders are way more important. With out sliders even the great mlb the show doesn't play realistic. With out being able to edit a player a game can still play very realistic.
Old 09-09-2014, 05:36 AM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 0
He said "best Durant out there" lmao. I found that hilarious.
Old 09-09-2014, 06:01 AM   #79
MVP

OVR: 30
Wow, no sliders. Hope EA either has pending plans to patch them in later because maybe there wasn't enough time to work them in properly or they wake up and realize how important they are then patch them in because as most of us know, those are highly necessary to customize sports games to our liking, these days.

Other than that, no qualms frkm this chat. Need to play a demo.
Old 09-09-2014, 06:44 AM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 0
I honestly don't see the big deal about the sliders.. i feel the game should play the most "sim" out of the box... Sliders aren't used to make the game more sim per the user, to me its more to make the game EASIER for them. 2k and EA alike have the game on specific settings because that is what best represents basketball. I've seen people adjust sliders and play and I'm like really? Watching them play is horrid and definitely not an accurate simulation of basketball... its an eye sore that the basketball gods wouldn't appreciate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »