Home

NBA Live 15 Twitter Chat with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien, No Sliders Confirmed

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 Twitter Chat with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien, No Sliders Confirmed within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-09-2014, 12:43 AM   #65
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: NBA Live 15 Twitter Chat with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien, No Sliders Confirm

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
Then maybe NBA live won't be for him. If EA is trying to make a simulation then that's the goal. Synergy will be the server sliders If you will. Synergy won't be needed when people can ignore its implementation and change sliders
Did that happen last year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 12:51 AM   #66
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: NBA Live 15 Twitter Chat with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien, No Sliders Confirm

Synergy barely worked(at all?)last year yet we're supposed to have faith in EA that it'll work again? Especially to replace not having the OPTION of sliders?
Old 09-09-2014, 12:58 AM   #67
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Synergy barely worked(at all?)last year yet we're supposed to have faith in EA that it'll work again? Especially to replace not having the OPTION of sliders?

I just said this in the other thread. My whole premise is that sliders are necessary because the developers are failing in other areas. You remove those failures you remove the need for sliders IMO.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:02 AM   #68
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
Then maybe NBA live won't be for him. If EA is trying to make a simulation then that's the goal. Synergy will be the server sliders If you will. Synergy won't be needed when people can ignore its implementation and change sliders
Also there will be different levels. He wants to put up those unreal stats than play on rookie.

Old 09-09-2014, 01:10 AM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 3
Offline Playoff and/or Season mode ???..
Old 09-09-2014, 01:11 AM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 0

The main issue is that what feels sim is going to vary from person to person. Its not actual basket, and as such there will also be various levels of interpretation of how input on this weird controller thing should correlate to how the guys on screen move and react. As such, everyone needs to be able to tweak the game to make it play the most realistic for themselves.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:20 AM   #71
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29

I wished that during the extra month they found a way to put sliders in but it is what it is,;I don't buy the lack of technology to put them and editing in, is this the 1980's?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 01:26 AM   #72
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by snocone
The main issue is that what feels sim is going to vary from person to person. Its not actual basket, and as such there will also be various levels of interpretation of how input on this weird controller thing should correlate to how the guys on screen move and react. As such, everyone needs to be able to tweak the game to make it play the most realistic for themselves.

I think where people are losing me is on the word "realistic" it's IMO far less subjective as some are trying to make it. I think what people are saying is that we should have sliders so people can play the games as unrealistic as they want to. Which seems like it's the opposite of what I hear from game designers. I don't think I've ever seen a sports game designer gave detail descriptions about how unSIM they are trying to make their games. Even then I'm sure some kind of arcade mode coupled with the difficulty levels can be installed to give causals something less realistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »