Home

NHL 15 Might Be Missing More Than We Anticipated (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Might Be Missing More Than We Anticipated (XB1/PS4) within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-08-2014, 02:00 AM   #337
Banned

twelveone's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 15 Might Be Missing More Than We Anticipated (XB1/PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maseinface
I understand the logistics behind making an annual sports game. I also understand new console development. What I don’t understand is what’s been stated and hinted at in the earlier comments: why couldn’t we get NHL 14 with SLIGHTLY improved visuals and a new presentation? I wouldn’t have been mad with an already great game getting incrementally better. How many casual hockey gamers will EA lose to this ghastly mistake next year? Even if you patch online play, it’s not enough unless you can also patch “live the life” and the OHL games…

Who is opposed to releasing a major update for sports games every two years and having DLC for $30 with updated rosters, stadiums, etc? Then, the updated games wouldn’t have to completely nix incredible modes like “live the life”. It seems as though EA doesn’t do enough research on what the public wants. You’re telling me NOBODY at EA thought this would be a big deal? Really?

rant complete…for now
The major sports leagues would be the ones holding this up, that will never happen with licensed sports games. Obviously, EA isn't very fond of that idea either. In my opinion, I think it would work out great, too great to actually be an idea.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:39 AM   #338
Rookie

OVR: 3

Something to add, no scratched roster in hut. Before you could rest injuried players. In the scratched roster this would lower the injury games left by each game you played. Now the only way to fix a injured player is to buy packs which is a complete joke.

I liked having to rest players who were injured and trying new line combos but now it's the injury card or don't use them at all.
Old 09-08-2014, 12:02 PM   #339
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2

From the EA forums....

Q: I know there’s not going to be a next-generation version of NHL 14 this year. Was there a reason for this? Was there not enough lead time up to when your studio got the final build of the Xbox One and PlayStation 4? Or did you want to just make sure you had a better quality product to put out the following year?

"Sean Ramjagsingh: We wanted to be focused on putting out the best game for this console generation. It’s fantastic that we focused all of our efforts on PS3 and 360. The great thing about EA Sports right now is the sharing that we’re doing. The UFC and FIFA franchises; those guys are figuring out how to develop for next-generation consoles and the technological challenges that come with developing for new consoles.

So they have to figure that part out and then build features on top of that. For us, since we’re coming in later on, we won’t have to battle all those technological issues because they’ve figured them out already. This lets us focus more on the features which is something fans can appreciate…"
Old 09-08-2014, 03:06 PM   #340
Rookie

detroitskills's Arena

OVR: 4

u cant edit players? lol out, they really ****ed this up
What kind of stupid question is that?
Old 09-08-2014, 05:55 PM   #341
Rookie

codywar11's Arena

On the Playstation store the Ultimate Edition says 1080p and the regular edition say 720p
Are they SERIOUSLY going to do that or do you guys think it is a misprint for one of them?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2014, 06:12 PM   #342
Rookie

wintheday1593's Arena

So I don't wanna bother looking through all 35 pages this might have already been answered, but you can Create Players right?
Old 09-08-2014, 07:28 PM   #343
Rookie

A petition has been started trying to get game modes back in the game and more open communication

https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-a...the-nhl-series
Old 09-09-2014, 12:01 AM   #344
Just started!

Way2Grizzled4U's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuidProQuoBro
A petition has been started trying to get game modes back in the game and more open communication
Good luck but I don't see EA doing anything, prove me wrong but I don't see it..

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »