Home

Madden NFL 15 Pre-Week 1 Roster Update Available Now with Tuning Update

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Pre-Week 1 Roster Update Available Now with Tuning Update within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-08-2014, 10:13 AM   #273
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Madden NFL 15 Pre-Week 1 Roster Update Available Now with Tuning Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
Thought I should post this here. It's the closer release note we got. Check out @ClintOldenburg's Tweet: https://twitter.com/ClintOldenburg/s...42286367764480

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
I know Clint is a developer and should know what the tuning did better than anyone, but he also was adamant that signature throwing styles were in the game when they clearly weren't.

All I know is I've played four online games post tuning, had zero punts and the rushing numbers have doubled. The offense is much easier. I tried one offline game and had the cpu torch me on the ground with the titans. The numbers don't lie. That's not placebo.
Old 09-08-2014, 10:15 AM   #274
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyt
It has to do with schemes/player types within CFM itself.

Take the Lions for example; Dominic Raiola C is 91ovr(?) for play now but once you enter into CFM he is an 81ovr no matter the scheme/player type you choose.

The overalls really have no effect, just go by the particular ratings that are important to whichever position; schemes are just a gimmick as they only alter overall not individual attributes.
I had an interesting tweeter conversation with Clint. a little notes.

1.-Tuner only affect USERS, not CPU neither CPU Team controlled. This explains why im getting the same amount of sacks from my fellow CPU Team Controlled players. And also could explain why some are seeing an improvement while others don`t (those who see an improvements are those who control a DL).

2.- all rush changes should be a fluke, according to Clint, they only changed the user pass rush, and a nano explit, nothing else.

3.- They are not going to tweak the DL, at least for this moment since they believe the issue is the QB holding the ball to long. They are looking at that

4.- I shared a 17/17 picture for CPU QB, and he said they are already aware of that and they are working on that.

Hopefully we see a future patch that fix these two issues and i`m good to go

tweets:

Clint Oldenburg ‏@ClintOldenburg 8h

@booker2121 we have heard about AI QB's holding the ball too long; we're looking at that, but nothing with pass rush itself at this time

Booker2121 ‏@booker2121 8h

@ClintOldenburg OK. Good! Also need to tune the QB acc. Qb rarely overthrow their wr. Sliders are not very effective. pic.twitter.com/yDENx1w74D

@booker2121 already on top of that one
Old 09-08-2014, 10:49 AM   #275
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
I had an interesting tweeter conversation with Clint. a little notes.

1.-Tuner only affect USERS, not CPU neither CPU Team controlled. This explains why im getting the same amount of sacks from my fellow CPU Team Controlled players. And also could explain why some are seeing an improvement while others don`t (those who see an improvements are those who control a DL).

2.- all rush changes should be a fluke, according to Clint, they only changed the user pass rush, and a nano explit, nothing else.

3.- They are not going to tweak the DL, at least for this moment since they believe the issue is the QB holding the ball to long. They are looking at that

4.- I shared a 17/17 picture for CPU QB, and he said they are already aware of that and they are working on that.

Hopefully we see a future patch that fix these two issues and i`m good to go

tweets:

Clint Oldenburg ‏@ClintOldenburg 8h

@booker2121 we have heard about AI QB's holding the ball too long; we're looking at that, but nothing with pass rush itself at this time

Booker2121 ‏@booker2121 8h

@ClintOldenburg OK. Good! Also need to tune the QB acc. Qb rarely overthrow their wr. Sliders are not very effective. pic.twitter.com/yDENx1w74D

@booker2121 already on top of that one
That's great news if true.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2014, 07:20 PM   #276
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
I feel like I'm doing something wrong. Is run block slider for user just ineffective this year?
Yes and no. The Hum RBK slider affects the CPU defenders as more of a run defense slider.The push at the line doesn't change too much (it DOES change some in a logical manner); but at low settings the LBs play more aggressive and get sucked right into the blocking while safeties stay in coverage longer (why it is easier to run). At higher settings, the LBs play more smartly by playing their gaps and reacting more intelligently (safeties will play the run/pass more intelligently too - they won't bite on PA at extreme settings). I think this is very similar to how the run defense slider on NCAA functioned.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:39 PM   #277
Rookie

OVR: 7

I'm also struggling to get the 53-man rosters to work in a CFM.

Load the latest roster and then start the franchise and import custom roster?

It is still coming out with teams with 70+ players. Is this correct?
Old 09-08-2014, 10:09 PM   #278
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
My bad.

I'm using Quinn's sliders with tweaks for challenge.

Holding at 52

Normal speed

Zero threshold

All-pro

I feel like I'm doing something wrong. Is run block slider for user just ineffective this year?

Raise holding to 75. You won't get the penalty called any more than it does now, but the OL will be afraid to hold and release their blocks a little quicker.

As much as I like the idea of zero threshold, I moved mine to 15. But I think the holding slider will help a little.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 09-08-2014, 10:25 PM   #279
Rookie

OVR: 0

Post tuning I just had 8 sacks with the Bucs versus Panthers. Nice tune!
Old 09-08-2014, 11:06 PM   #280
Rookie

Soonerskinsfan81's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm not an official slider tester but it seems to me that the issue is the cpu ai qb taking coverage sacks. It's obvious to me that the improved coverage, man and zone, have caused this issue. So has anyone tried lowering the Pass D sliders? Or raising the cpu WR catch?

It's a tough balancing act to get them just right but I'm sure eventually someone will figure it out.
I'm too busy to sit and do Tiburon's do diligence(I used to test sliders all the time). Hope this helps.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »