Home

Madden NFL 15 Pre-Week 1 Roster Update Available Now with Tuning Update

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Pre-Week 1 Roster Update Available Now with Tuning Update within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-07-2014, 02:45 PM   #249
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 15 Pre-Week 1 Roster Update Available Now with Tuning Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
You playing on slow speed?
Hello,

No, this is on Normal, but i agree that speed change how the game plays, so i tried on Fast and Slow. Same results. I also tried all madden, same results. I tried Rising PB and differente sliders set. Play now, CFM offline and Online, Same results.

Also i tried using the week1 roster that came with the tuner, i thought, maybe that is a requirement. No Luck either. I`m having the exact same amount of sacks, from 4 to 8 per game. Avg around 6 per game.

It seems like when the QB try to go deep or all WR has curls he doesn`t know waht to do and he get sacked.

AGAIN, i`m controlling the DB, not playing with the DL at all. I play no switch rule, All sacks are from my CPU Teammates.

Oh i also tried different teams, i thought maybe my DL is too good, but same results with all other teams i tested.

To me is like the tuner did Nothing. I`m not seeing that much. I`m wondering maybe i should delete the tuner and re downloaded?

IF EA doesn`t fix this for real, i`ll have to use the Roster edits, which is not a good solution since i won`t be able to change Rookies QB. so after a few season i will have this issue again.
Old 09-07-2014, 03:19 PM   #250
MVP

OVR: 9

I'm having issues using this roster in my cfm. When I start a cfm I click load custom rosters, but it's not working. What am I doing wrong?
Old 09-07-2014, 03:22 PM   #251
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
After a couple more online games, this tuning did way more harm than good for me. Defense has completely disappeared and its back to playing maddenball. It's easy to pick up 6 yards a carry or more, no pressure on qbs without blitzing. Basically it comes down to fumbles or whoever had the ball last wins.

I guess I'll try to find offline sliders but I find the cpu play calling predictable and qb play a mix between robo qb and a sack fest depending on the settings.

Dammit, for the first time since ps2, I was truly enjoying the game.
My defense is pretty good online, I went 5-0 last night non of my opponents scored over 20 points. Now of course I play with teams with good defensive lines (love playing with the BUCS) and I play on the line too which helps get more pressure on the quarterback. But it did seem like they dropped more int's than normal, which pisses me off.
Most of the time you know which side you opponent is running too, just shift and crash the line that way to stuff the run.

Last edited by Mr.Smif; 09-07-2014 at 03:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2014, 05:04 PM   #252
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
Most of the time you know which side you opponent is running too, just shift and crash the line that way to stuff the run.
Ok, so, not to be daft, but how do you know which side? I have found the CPU to be pretty good at calling counters or running weak.
Old 09-07-2014, 06:02 PM   #253
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbattisti
Ok, so, not to be daft, but how do you know which side? I have found the CPU to be pretty good at calling counters or running weak.
Im talking about online, users usually run to the strong side.
Old 09-07-2014, 06:38 PM   #254
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
My defense is pretty good online, I went 5-0 last night non of my opponents scored over 20 points. Now of course I play with teams with good defensive lines (love playing with the BUCS) and I play on the line too which helps get more pressure on the quarterback. But it did seem like they dropped more int's than normal, which pisses me off.
I do that. I did that pre tuning. The only difference is lineman hold blocks longer now and its opening huge holes. I haven't seen a punt post tuning by my opponents or myself.
Old 09-07-2014, 06:54 PM   #255
Rookie

jwmcards's Arena

OVR: 3

I think overall, it seems better. I've been using a mix of Quinn's and A&S sliders, & also tried just playing on default AP. To tell the truth, the default wasn't bad. Need to tweak some things like penalties, etc., but overall, not bad.

Sacks looked ok, running did seem easier but I didn't have outrageous numbers. Then again, I use the Dolphins, so running is never easy (but they looked good today!!!).

I'm really leaning towards just tweaking the defaults & going from there. No disrespect to Quinn and A&S as they've put in hard & very much appreciated work, but it's kind of gotten to the point where I just want to play the damn game & not worry with sliders. I used to spend 2 months messing with sliders, but after that amount of time it starts feeling like a chore instead of a game. It's still got legacy issues & it's not perfect, but to me, it IS a much better Madden than I've played in a long time & I'm enjoying the franchise so far, so isn't that really what its all about?

I know it's broken to some & that's fine (& I agree the online gamer in Madden is more catered to than us franchise guys). There will never be a time that everyone will be happy with a sports game. Anyway, aside from my slight sidebar towards rambling, I think the tuner has made some differences, but I haven't come across anything yet that makes me say "broken", or want to throw my controller across the room.

So for now.....Play on fellow sports junkies.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2014, 07:46 PM   #256
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmcards
I think overall, it seems better. I've been using a mix of Quinn's and A&S sliders, & also tried just playing on default AP. To tell the truth, the default wasn't bad. Need to tweak some things like penalties, etc., but overall, not bad.

Sacks looked ok, running did seem easier but I didn't have outrageous numbers. Then again, I use the Dolphins, so running is never easy (but they looked good today!!!).

I'm really leaning towards just tweaking the defaults & going from there. No disrespect to Quinn and A&S as they've put in hard & very much appreciated work, but it's kind of gotten to the point where I just want to play the damn game & not worry with sliders. I used to spend 2 months messing with sliders, but after that amount of time it starts feeling like a chore instead of a game. It's still got legacy issues & it's not perfect, but to me, it IS a much better Madden than I've played in a long time & I'm enjoying the franchise so far, so isn't that really what its all about?

I know it's broken to some & that's fine (& I agree the online gamer in Madden is more catered to than us franchise guys). There will never be a time that everyone will be happy with a sports game. Anyway, aside from my slight sidebar towards rambling, I think the tuner has made some differences, but I haven't come across anything yet that makes me say "broken", or want to throw my controller across the room.

So for now.....Play on fellow sports junkies.
I agree. I'm not touching any sliders this go around. If i feel like Madden plays that poorly at any point I will just play FIFA or Destiny or whatever is coming out. I spent over 50% of my time on M25 editing and tinkering and after months it was still the same game and I had to wait until M15 where they fixed issues I was having. I've only had M15 for a short time but I'm enjoying it on default playing MUT solos for the first time so I think I'm officially off the slider boat. They seem to help but it becomes a never ending adjustment and you lose sight of what was the base anyway. Are you playing the ratings or the sliders or both?

I've always been in the "Madden plays horrible out of the box camp" but I don't dominate the CPU easily on all-pro anymore so I'm okay with it for now. Madden needs a lot of improvements but all will have to come from the devs not sliders. As far as the tuning goes, I only had the game for a day before the tuning patch came out so I can't judge that at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »