Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-06-2014, 08:16 PM   #945
Pro

Davon_A_Brown's Arena

OVR: 0
Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

The only thing missing from the chess match is the ability to exploit a size mismatch with a jump ball. I would like to double team certain defensive linemen, but slide protection is working quite well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2014, 11:37 PM   #946
Rookie

bdeezy89's Arena

Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

So after the Tuner I just beat the Jets using the Packers on CFM 73 - 7 using A&S All-Pro sliders……Hmmm. Also sacked Geno 12 times

Next game against the Lions, 38 - 13

Does anyone notice that the threshold is broken? I've played with at least 8 teams so far and none of the receivers could beat the Corners on Lob passes, i end up getting picked most of the time

Last edited by bdeezy89; 09-06-2014 at 11:43 PM.
Old 09-07-2014, 01:52 AM   #947

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Played a game with 10 min quarters,15 second play clock and it took about 50 minutes. Here are stats from the game(I'm using pro mode right now)

Me:
30 points
228 yards
15/24 passing
9.2 yrd passing average
3.0 yrd rushing average
4 sacks
46.5 yrd punting average

AI:
6 points
183 yards
19/27 passing
6.9 yrd passing average
1.6 yrd rushing average
5 sacks
31.4 yrd punting average

What do people think needs to be changed slider wise? Sacks might be slightly too high, and rushing needs to be improved on both sides for sure. The main thing I'm hating though is how AI struggled on offense,yet their QB had 70% passing?! QB accuracy for AI is set to 25! Main thing seems to just be that their receivers are always so open. It's like the second after a snap, 1 receiver runs an entire route where he's open for 90% of it. For me ironically,seems to be opposite, all my receivers seem to be covered for 90% of their route(not to mention my QB has very little time to throw the ball)
Old 09-07-2014, 01:57 AM   #948
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

Ive tried to do some searching for the answer to my question but couldnt find anything useful.

My impression is this is the same old madden. Somethings changed and got better but overall I dont really feel like the x's and o's work pretty much the same as they always have. Of course they fixed somethings but others got worse. This is all just user vs user.

That said, I cannot stop a screen pass against users. Ive played 5-6 online games and my only losses come from people that throw a screen pass for 90% of their plays. Man isnt going to work. They qucik snap so adjustments dont work. Ive tried blitzing and then I get burned by either a pass to the HB or a quick one to someone else. Cover 2 is pretty much useless. I have to spend great effort trying to switch to the OLB on the side of the field I think its going to and then just try to stand next to the RB.

What are people doing to stop the screen pass other that just trying to user over there? Other plays should work... I can handle giving up small yardage on them but this has been insane and is ruining the game for me.

And for those of you that would like respond with something like "stop playing those kinds of people" or "go find a league," Im already working on that but I dont like playing the CPU so if none of my friends are on, thats my only option and I dont have tons of time to play it whenever friends are on.
Old 09-07-2014, 04:17 AM   #949
Banned

Just played 6 games, one Play Now against the cpu and 5 online Head to Head. I must the the tuning made the game better. The physics are better/tighter without sacrificing multiple hit tackles, I will go on to say that the multi-tackles are better and more frequent now and tackle outcomes seem to be better. Running seems to be better, less suction, running the ball does not seem to be easier to me, seems about the same with less suction, which is a good thing.
The Bad: Quarterbacks still not very inaccurate, they may have toned inaccurate passes down because I rarely seen any in the 6 games I played. And cpu Qb's still not getting rid of the ball fast enough or attempting to avoid sacks.
Old 09-07-2014, 08:20 AM   #950
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

I wanted to point out a couple of new features that to me have been true game changers for Madden 15.

1. Player Confidence - In my Dolphins CFM (online) we came out of the gate 0-4. It has been a brutal start to year one. Tannehill by week 3 had a Confidence rating of 30. Despite me pumping him up and making him the focus of game prep leading into his week 4 match-up at London vs The Raiders, he was going into the fetal position by game end. His passes were erratic throughout, and due to this he proceeded to throw 4 picks. I put in Matt Moore to finish up and he played well. Moore's confidence was sitting at 52 heading into the bye week. Also Charles Clay's confidence was shrinking fast due to some key drops. Over the bye week I put all my Game Prep hours into restoring key players confidence vs XP development. This mini game week to week is excellent (and only take minutes). You really have to think through and have a plan on who and what you want to work on. I think it's a great new feature that can now be built upon with future games. So we go into week 6 at home vs The Packers....Tannehill has the team in the red zone....then throws another errant pass for a pick in the end zone. I yank him as boo's rain down in Sun Life Stadium. Matt Moore with confidence sitting at 56 proceeds to lead the team to a much needed 34-24 win.

2. Defensive player lock cam - This camera has been implemented to perfection IMO. I am addicted to playing primarily as either Cam Wake or Dion Jordan and going to war for 4 quarters. It truly has taken the game to a new level as the line play is so organic this year. From time to time I will roam as a safety and head hunt. I also played as a CB on a few plays and actually had some user knock downs....playing as a LB also...a whole other experience. I will not go back to the traditional view for Madden 15 on defense. Those that have watched my streams have seen how cool playing from this perspective really is and how much more of a challenge the CPU will give you as well.

3. Running Game - feels far more organic and realistic then ever before. Are there some RTP quirks? Yes. Here and there. But you truly have to flow with the lineman, see the crease and hit it. Running outside is rarely successful as it should be in the super fast NFL and when you do get outside...it feels earned. Play action is earned as well. Playing with big backs, vs scat backs is something that is felt and realized this year on Madden which leads us to....

4. Player momentum and weight - it has arrived. People clamored for realism...and now we are getting that. I love it. Once you learn your players agility ratings and understand how much or little you can lead them to the sidelines...you will start to be able to get up field sometimes timing it right..and also when the ball is in the air...start to pre load and anticipate jamming your stick to the opposite side of their momentum to put on the brakes then quickly jam the stick north.....it works sometimes with very agile players and it feels organic and again earned.

Everything this year feels earned when pulled off properly. I hope and pray the team at Tiburon knows how good they made this game....and they do not revert back to tourney ice skating Madden. This game is a break through and it should be embraced and applauded.

A patch is still needed to work out stability bugs, play by play quirks, and an annoying bug that crops up in the passing game EG: passing to the "X" WR and the "O" snatches the ball on it's flight because the are running parallel routes.

However after the tuner......

9/10

If a patch clears up some bugs for offline CFM and a few other little odds and ends (gameplay to me is amazing and not much is needed anymore after this tuner) this game goes to a potential 9.5/9.75

Platinum folks. Madden will go platinum!!!!
NHL25 - Panthers YR1 (2-1)
MLB 20 The Show - Classic Rosters and Yankees YR8
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 09-07-2014 at 08:42 AM.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:56 AM   #951
Rookie

Jack Wade's Arena

Jack here,

You know, people are free to spend their money however they want, but I GUESS I am just shocked that people continue buying this game. I've taken a few years off madden and decide to rent it this year. Oh man, yep - same issues as always. Bad AI, awful line play, and overall just a dated engine. The commentary is absolutely dreadful too. I rather have no commentary than what we've been given.

I love the NFL and will no doubt always support them, but I really hope at some point someone in the league recognizes the lack of quality with what EA and tiburon and producing with these soulless football titles. It really is a damn shame.

~
Jack Wade
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2014, 10:29 AM   #952
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword

If a patch clears up some bugs for offline CFM and a few other little odds and ends (gameplay to me is amazing and not much is needed anymore after this tuner) this game goes to a potential 9.5/9.75

Platinum folks. Madden will go platinum!!!!
Yeah excited to see what the first patch addresses.
Just wish they'd adapt 2K's defensive hot routing.
Our online league is about to start so pretty excited about that.

Atari to this... Very happy lol

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »