Home

NBA 2K15 Player Rating - Andre Drummond (Overall 83)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Player Rating - Andre Drummond (Overall 83) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-06-2014, 05:51 PM   #81
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K15 Player Rating - Andre Drummond (Overall 83)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
LoL. Yeah right. You say that, but when Scrub A is 1 point higher than perennial All Star B, all hell will break lose and you guys would be at the front of the linch mob.

Not me man, I know you are kidding but it will happen on here. I don't value the overall I value the individual ratings. If the individual ratings makes sense across the board then you hear no complaints from me. There is too much NBA data floating out there for free IMO for a company like 2K who pays for STATS or whatever else to get individual ratings between players wrong.

The overall is just the formula so they are improving and adjusting their formula to give more role players more value so I see nothing wrong here. In the grand scheme of things overall is "barbershop talk". Who is the best player in the NBA to most fans and what I care about is what this means to a MyLeague which is far more important to me.

What 2K really need to do is, have an individual fan type of rating call it "star power" or something similar and that value can boost your overall while keeping the same ratings you had based off of stats. The star rating can be say a boost to your MyGM finances by bringing in merchandise or money or get you voted to say All-star games even if you are injured or having an average year.

This has happened with Kobe, Rose, Yao, etc. you can keep going but you get my point. So this would satisfy ****** fans but when you look at the real ratings you see haha player X who was an All-Star didn't really have that great of a year but is really just more popular so give him a popular boost that doesn't impact gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2014, 10:52 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 2
Drummond is not a top 5 center in the league and he's an 83. Every other center better than him will be over 85.There will be a lot of players in the mid 80s since there are only 4 players with a 90 overall.
Old 09-06-2014, 11:03 PM   #83
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sticks323
Drummond is not a top 5 center in the league and he's an 83. Every other center better than him will be over 85.There will be a lot of players in the mid 80s since there are only 4 players with a 90 overall.

I'm thinking pretty much every above average player is going to be an 80+, especially after seeing how high the rookies are rated. I'm fine with lots of players being rated higher, but it seems as if there won't be much separating the "good" players from the All-Stars. Hopefully it won't matter, but that's something we won't know until we get the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by ojandpizza; 09-06-2014 at 11:08 PM.
Old 09-06-2014, 11:07 PM   #84
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by luda06
My point is your assessment is most likely incorrect.

You're right, because those stats are the 100% tell all of what makes a great player.

All I know is that if rebounding and athleticism play that large of a role there is no telling what guys like Dwight and Melo will be rated..

Melo can drop 30 at any time and still get you the double digit boards, Dwight is among the best rebounders, shot blockers, and scorers in the league.. At the rate these ratings are going those two might be higher than Durant lol.. Smh

Not serious win that last point, but damn..

Looking back at 2K14 the final rosters have Drummond at an 80 or 81 (can't remember) anyways.. So as long as the large chunk of guys who are better than him around 85+ players then everything should be good.

Old 09-06-2014, 11:23 PM   #85
Rookie

Way too high at 83, I'm still having a tough time digesting him making the USA team along with Plumlee.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2014, 12:07 AM   #86
Pro

Daddy123's Arena

OVR: 3

Drummond is really underrated on this board, lol.
Old 09-07-2014, 05:57 PM   #87
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy123
Drummond is really underrated on this board, lol.
He rebounds exceptionally well, is average defensively and pads his percentage with tip-ins.

At an 83, i can understand people being worried about player differentiation. that said, its neen said that the cpu will take many factors into valuing players.

Last edited by 2_headedmonster; 09-07-2014 at 06:00 PM.
Old 09-07-2014, 07:06 PM   #88
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
He rebounds exceptionally well, is average defensively and pads his percentage with tip-ins.

At an 83, i can understand people being worried about player differentiation. that said, its neen said that the cpu will take many factors into valuing players.

His FG% on tip-ins is 55%, while his overall FG% is 62%, so I'm curious to know how that pads his %

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »