Home

NHL 15: Early Impressions from 360/PS3 Version

This is a discussion on NHL 15: Early Impressions from 360/PS3 Version within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-06-2014, 07:24 PM   #17
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NHL 15: Early Impressions from 360/PS3 Version

So, uh, I didn't buy NHL 14, but I have 13 on my PS3.

Should I get 14 now? Because not enough has changed in 15 to warrant the extra money.
Old 09-06-2014, 08:39 PM   #18
Yellow n Black

18 eighty 5's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunjuan2000
I haven't really noticed any banter between Doc and Edzo during the play, mostly stoppages. Love the idea they added the shot totals to the end of period summary, before heading to intermission. Something Gary and Bill didn't do. That'll save me from having to see how many shots were taken. Doc and Ezdo both sound very robotic. Ray actually sounds good.
Watched game 4 of the Stanley Cup last night and listening to Doc and Edzo in real life totally puts the game version to shame. Doc doesn't sound like Doc in the game. In real life his energy during the call is so fluent. In the game it is stuccato and detached and lacking life. Hopefully in the future we get the big energy he delivers.
Old 09-06-2014, 10:33 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 5

Does the fatigue effect slider actually work on hardcore style? Seem like it only worked on High Impact style last year.
Old 09-06-2014, 11:05 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Is the custom music feature still in the game(for things like custom soundtrack,custom music played during various moments in the game like intro,goal songs,break in plays)?
Custom music works just like last year. You can set it for every team in the game and for specific in-game situations.

Quote:
What are all the soundtrack songs for NHL15?
Band -- Song
1985 -- Time of your Life
Bear Hands -- Giants
Benny Benassi -- Control feat. Gary Co
Close Your Eyes -- Chain Gang
Death From Above 1979 -- Trainwreck 1979
Empires -- How Good Does it Feel
Every Time I Die -- El Dorado
Fall Out Boy -- My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark
Franc Wyte -- What I'm Talking Bout
Holy Fever -- Find Your Fame
Madeon -- The City
Max Frost -- White Lies
Plague Vendor -- Black Sap Scriptures
Pup -- Lionheart
Red Sky Noise -- She Don't Know
Summer of '69 -- Come and Get It
The Graveltones -- Forget About the Trouble
The Night Marchers -- The Fanbase
The Wyld -- Odyssey
Wolf Rider -- From Where You Are
Wolfmother -- How Many Times
Young the Giant -- My Body

Quote:
How fast(or slow) is the sim speeds for be a gm mode(meaning like how long does it take to sim each day in be a gm)?
The processing speed is really slow for simming Season/Be A GM games. Simming seasons is extremely tedious.

The loading speeds are even worse in GM Connected.

Quote:
And gameplay/everything else wise, is it in any way better/different than NHL14?
The puck physics and player collisions are noticeably improved, but I haven't felt any other differences so far in the gameplay. The AI feels the same in all aspects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2J NY
Are any of the new faces from PS4/XB1 included, like Bergeron or McDonagh?
I haven't paid much attention to the player faces in either version of NHL 15, so I can't answer that question directly, but I have attached screenshots of both guys below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunjuan2000
I haven't really noticed any banter between Doc and Edzo during the play, mostly stoppages. Love the idea they added the shot totals to the end of period summary, before heading to intermission. Something Gary and Bill didn't do. That'll save me from having to see how many shots were taken. Doc and Ezdo both sound very robotic. Ray actually sounds good.
The live-action commentary is like 95% Doc. Eddie usually only chimes in during brief stoppages, and Ray will only speak up during replay packages.

The commentary is very robotic sounding overall. Doc repeats some of his catch phrases too often, and he lacks the energy and fluidity he has in real life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
So, uh, I didn't buy NHL 14, but I have 13 on my PS3.

Should I get 14 now? Because not enough has changed in 15 to warrant the extra money.
Even NHL 13 is still pretty close to the experience that NHL 15 offers on PS3. Neither NHL 14 nor NHL 15 would be that much of an upgrade for you. The good thing about NHL 14 is that we have some great sliders and rosters out for it already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetjones
Does the fatigue effect slider actually work on hardcore style? Seem like it only worked on High Impact style last year.
I haven't messed with any of the sliders yet, as I've just been trying out all of the different default game styles. I'll start trying sliders tomorrow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg berg.jpg (192.3 KB, 205 views)
File Type: jpg mcd.jpg (128.9 KB, 206 views)
Old 09-06-2014, 11:11 PM   #21

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
The processing speed is really slow for simming Season/Be A GM games. Simming seasons is extremely tedious.
Thanks for the soundtrack list.

And it sucks how EA can't even get sim speeds correct. Even MLB games over 10 years ago had better sim speeds than NHL and MLB sims 162 games for all 30 teams AND even minor league stuff too,not to mention ALOT more stats the game has to keep track of. So the fact that EA can't even get good sim speeds going for NHL is just sad. Makes the modes unplayable for sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2014, 11:40 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Here is the full list of available equipment for skaters:

Spoiler

The goalie equipment list is too long to post, but if you have any specific requests there, just let me know and I can see what's in.

Last edited by jyoung; 09-07-2014 at 12:03 AM.
Old 09-06-2014, 11:55 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
I uploaded a bunch of NHL 15 Xbox 360 videos from me playing the Season Ticket version yesterday.

I hope this footage helps you guys make an educated purchasing decision:

Let me know if you have any questions about the Xbox 360 version. I will be busy this afternoon (Vanderbilt vs. Ole Miss game), but I'll swing by later tonight to catch up on any questions.
It sure does. Update my rosters for NHL 13 and boom! NHL 15. Thanks bro.
Old 09-06-2014, 11:58 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

Any new jerseys? Or just the Stadium Series ones.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »