Home

Madden NFL 15 Pre-Week 1 Roster Update Available Now with Tuning Update

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Pre-Week 1 Roster Update Available Now with Tuning Update within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-06-2014, 09:43 PM   #233
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 15 Pre-Week 1 Roster Update Available Now with Tuning Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
This will probably fall on deaf ears, but I think why so many of you are seeing the QBs still behave poorly is because you are setting their QBA slider too low. QBA is really more of a QB Ability slider and not just one that affects throwing accuracy. Sure, setting CPU QBA at 6 or 7 may look more realistic on throws, but it also dumbs down the CPU based on my observations (and it has been that way for EA games for a while). I'll grant that it is even worse this year than in the past, but using a low QBA setting is just going to compound the issue.

I have been running with the CPU QBA at 39 just about since the game came out. They don't have nearly as many WTF moments holding the ball and with IG at 50, they play pretty darn well (and you will still see bad throws, you will see hot streaks and cold streaks). You have to have your coverage sliders calibrated well; if guys constantly get wide open, they will go "Robo QB" on you. I am finalizing my slider set in the slider forum if you want to try it out.
I'm playing on all pro default. Qb @50. I sack the qb the same as without the tuner. And these are not user sacks. I had 6,in 1 half. On avg I have 5 per game.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Old 09-06-2014, 09:57 PM   #234
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

I've only played one game since the tuner, an online match, and it was concerning. My opponent took the Packers so I took the Colts and defense completely disappeared. I realize that these are 2 high powered offenses but every drive ended in a score except for a pick my opponent threw. No pass rush, my opponent got a sack when I rolled out right into clay matthews but I converted a 3rd and 16 with a deep out easily with no pressure at all. I won 17-14, but the score is misleading. Every drive was 10 + plays and no one punted.

I'll have to play a few more, but my first experience is a return to a more over powered offensive madden that I'm not enjoying half as much as pre tuner.
Old 09-06-2014, 10:08 PM   #235
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

OVR: 0

You guys know you can delete the tuning update. I didn't care for it so I went into manage files and scrolled to the left until I came upon tuning data. I deleted the file and the game plays like before.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2014, 11:29 PM   #236
Pro

Arrowhead21's Arena

OVR: 1

stupid ipad wont let me copy the box score generator code. wonder what im doing wrong.

NBA:Toronto Raptors
MLB:Toronto Blue Jays
NCAAF:Oregon Ducks
NCAAB:Kansas Jayhawks
Old 09-06-2014, 11:40 PM   #237
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
This game is a travesty. What did they fix with the tuner? It seems to me all they did was break the human running game.

I quit with 9 minutes left in the 4th quarter after rushing for over 200 yards with reggie Bush, averaging over 8 yards a carry.

I had 8 sacks... 8.. With nine minutes left in the game. 5 of the sacks resulted in fumbled on 5 Strait possessions.

Cpu Matt Ryan threw the ball 24 times, completed 19 of them for a whopping 160 yards and no TDs.. That speaks for itself.

I'm sorry but this dev team just doesn't get it. This basic principles of football are so flawed in this game, it makes playing the cpu almost unplayable. This isn't fun, this is torture. I feel like a bug tester just trying to get the game to play the way it was intended.

But so many flaws, just one after another prevents most of us from doing that. I'm done. It's over for me. I hope they fix some of these things in a patch, but what else would they break? I thought the running game was one of the bright spots in M15, but hey, even that's ruined now. Guys who are saying they don't see it, I don't get it, but congratulations.
What sliders do you use?
Old 09-06-2014, 11:53 PM   #238
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
This will probably fall on deaf ears, but I think why so many of you are seeing the QBs still behave poorly is because you are setting their QBA slider too low. QBA is really more of a QB Ability slider and not just one that affects throwing accuracy. Sure, setting CPU QBA at 6 or 7 may look more realistic on throws, but it also dumbs down the CPU based on my observations (and it has been that way for EA games for a while). I'll grant that it is even worse this year than in the past, but using a low QBA setting is just going to compound the issue.

I have been running with the CPU QBA at 39 just about since the game came out. They don't have nearly as many WTF moments holding the ball and with IG at 50, they play pretty darn well (and you will still see bad throws, you will see hot streaks and cold streaks). You have to have your coverage sliders calibrated well; if guys constantly get wide open, they will go "Robo QB" on you. I am finalizing my slider set in the slider forum if you want to try it out.

I know, last year I felt like the only one who had CPU QB ACC above 20. Between a mix of coverage sliders for hum, I was able to keep the CPU AI up (I noticed this last year as well early on and kept it around 30 for awhile before ultimately lowering it to 19, I think). For 15, I've had it around 30 again for awhile. I sacked Brees 9 times in the 1st game of the season at 30. After reading your post, I upped it to 36 for the next game vs the Bengals. Andy Dalton's stat line: 28-39 (71%), 334 yds, 3 TD, 2 Int and I only sacked him ONCE!! I also won a fantastic comeback game, where I shut them out in the 2nd half, so it's not like he went Robo QB on me at all. Looked solid in the pocket with a couple flaky moments, but overall realistic. E completed a screen without being sacked! Lol. That's the worst, man. Seeing a QB take a meaningless sack on a screen attempt. But, anyways, it's only 1 game, but felt much, much better. I've about got my slider set ready. I'm going to keep tweaking things. I don't like 71%, but it beats 80%, so it's close. Looking forward to 3rd game of season. Thanks for the tip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-07-2014, 01:16 AM   #239
Banned

OVR: 2

So just played my first game with this tuning update and on all pro had 24 carries for just 78 yards on the ground so I didn't find rushing to be that easy. I got behind early and never recoverd agest the niners and lost 27-3. This was on all pro and kaepernick went 16-16 for 230 yards and 4 sacks. Because I got behind early the niners had 44 rushing attempts and only 16 passes attempts. Man I just cant passes the ball in this game. I have now played like 10 games and I have yet to have a game with out an int and a game with a completion % of above 55 and after 10 games I have thorwn like 28 int and this is with aron rogers. Does any one have good sliders for someone who is to good for pro but not good enough for all pro?
Old 09-07-2014, 01:44 AM   #240
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Hopefully this is not the fix for sacks. I'm sacking the qb as much as I did before the tune.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »