Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
NBA 2K25 Cover Athletes - Jayson Tatum, A'ja Wilson and Vince Carter
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive and Analysis
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games

Old 09-06-2014, 01:28 PM   #937
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
APF is my all time favorite football game but I am not sure this is totally true. Last time i played it it had started to show its age. I get the sentimentality for 2k games I do, but would I rather play APF over Madden 15 at this point? For the first time the answer is no.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
You mean the APF game from 2007? The one that they put little effort in, and never made a sequel? Ya, I agree that for the first time I might prefer Madden 2015 on a new gen console more then that 2007 game on box 360. Congrats to EA, you did it!

Best NFL football game of the year award (for next gen consoles!)

Last edited by BigDaddyHolmes; 09-06-2014 at 01:32 PM.
Old 09-06-2014, 01:32 PM   #938
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyHolmes
You mean the APF game from 2007? The one that they put little effort in, and never made a sequel? Ya, I agree that for the first time I might prefer Madden 2015 on a new gen console more then that 2007 game on box 360. Congrats to EA, you did it!

Best NFL football game of the year award for consoles!
That little effort and still has more on field elements than every football game made after it, lol.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 09-06-2014, 01:53 PM   #939
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyHolmes
Best NFL football game of the year award (for next gen consoles!)
Well, it's the only football game of the year.
Old 09-06-2014, 02:46 PM   #940
Pro

OVR: 4

The more I play this game the more I like it. It's not all doom and gloom as I originally thought. And I'm not sure if this is a coincidence, but I think the ai kept running the ball when it saw that I was struggling to stop it.
Old 09-06-2014, 02:57 PM   #941
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fist Of Kings
The more I play this game the more I like it. It's not all doom and gloom as I originally thought. And I'm not sure if this is a coincidence, but I think the ai kept running the ball when it saw that I was struggling to stop it.
Definitely not a coincidence.I noticed this early on as well,the same goes for the passing game (imo).
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2014, 03:35 PM   #942
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
It's truly official for me. After this tuner....Madden 15 is

GOAT console football game.

System seller for me!!!! So glad I took a chance so damn glad!!!

DJ go get your PS4.......NOW!!!!!

thanks for sharing. what did the game play tuner do to improve the game and does the tuning affect those who only play OFFLINE games ?
Old 09-06-2014, 03:35 PM   #943
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gronk4M13
I don't think the CPU properly uses player progression/game prep. After one season, Eli Manning is a free agent at 69 overall after the Giants cut him. Carson Palmer regressed to a 73, then a 67 overall, and is the third string QB on the Patriots. There are plenty of these situations.

I haven't tried 32 team control, nor auto-pilot.

thanks.

what is auto-pilot ?

what are its benefits ?
Old 09-06-2014, 07:31 PM   #944
Rookie

I figured it was about time to post my impressions as I've spent a good deal of time with the game. This is a fun Madden for me. It's a solid foundation for future iterations in the series, but there's a lot of work which needs to be done.

THE GOOD:

-The running game is by far the best it has been in the series. I believe human control could be tightened up. But the aspect I like about the running system is how small the running lanes and windows are to run through. This mimics the real NFL as space in between the tackles and outside of it is at a premium on the ground. Nothing like getting into space with a player and being able to utilize your special moves or setup a blocker to take out a tackler to free you some open space.

-war in the trenches is pretty good this year. Lineman are a lot better than they used to be on both sides of the ball and you have to pay attention to ratings when building a front four and o-line.

-Franchise mode is fun and innovative this year with the XP and Game Prep system. It's fun developing a player and how you want to develop him. You can stack bonuses to gain more XP points. It's got some great elements.

THE BAD:

ROBO CPU QB's - This is a difficult Fix. Shooting inaccuracy in NBA 2K is a dice roll. User shoots and there are a multitude of results which can transpire as far as teh ball hitting the rim and either going in or not going in. You can capture let's say a hundred different animations of the ball interatcing with the rim and there you go. Football is very different as incompletions are so varied. Incompletions aren't just the result of the ball bouncing off a receiver's hands as there are overthrows and undertrhows, etc. So what I propose is to revamp the CPU AI system and make it more ratings based. It's not right now. As QB's of all skill levels are far too accurate. I'd argue Peyton Manning would in practice hit the WR in between his numbers every time with no one rushing at him, this is how Madden portrays him. But everyone remembers Peyton in the Super Bowl under duress.

So my answer is simple tie QB accuracy ratings across all depth levels to a dice roll system. Capture underthrow and overthrow animations, etc and then tie them to this system. Add in contextual processing which takes into account pocket pressure and where the QB is in relation to his target and let's truly fix this problem.

My big issue with Madden is football is a game of so many variables in terms of physics and what not. Sometimes you need a simple gameplay system to account for this. Simple rules of code which can make organic gameplay happen. Because that way you can also have realistic penalities and what not. You need to work off this solid foundation and make madden simpler. Right now it is too complex and a perfect example is when you have to lower the Intentional grounding slider to lower sacks. Maybe you can rationalize a reason why this seems logical but it's not. We shouldn't have to try out complex theories of how sliders interact with the gameplay. Things should be simple and solutions should be even simpler.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »