Home

Madden NFL 15 Pre-Week 1 Roster Update Available Now with Tuning Update

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Pre-Week 1 Roster Update Available Now with Tuning Update within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-06-2014, 05:44 PM   #225
Rookie

FindingQuiet's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Pre-Week 1 Roster Update Available Now with Tuning Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
Is there an official list as to what was tuned? I can't get a gauge on what was done by reading comments because everyone is saying different things. What OFFICIALLY got tuned?
Notes have not been published yet. And seeing as its the weekend, not likely to happen until Monday.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2014, 05:45 PM   #226
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

This will probably fall on deaf ears, but I think why so many of you are seeing the QBs still behave poorly is because you are setting their QBA slider too low. QBA is really more of a QB Ability slider and not just one that affects throwing accuracy. Sure, setting CPU QBA at 6 or 7 may look more realistic on throws, but it also dumbs down the CPU based on my observations (and it has been that way for EA games for a while). I'll grant that it is even worse this year than in the past, but using a low QBA setting is just going to compound the issue.

I have been running with the CPU QBA at 39 just about since the game came out. They don't have nearly as many WTF moments holding the ball and with IG at 50, they play pretty darn well (and you will still see bad throws, you will see hot streaks and cold streaks). You have to have your coverage sliders calibrated well; if guys constantly get wide open, they will go "Robo QB" on you. I am finalizing my slider set in the slider forum if you want to try it out.
Old 09-06-2014, 05:50 PM   #227
Just started!

Wow, after the tuning update, the game now plays exactly like Madden 25. Goes from being very difficult on All-Madden to very easy on All-Madden. Much prefer a challenge and will delete the tuning update. I think it still needs to be tuned a little but not TONED DOWN like it was.
Old 09-06-2014, 06:24 PM   #228
MVP

BL8001's Arena

So what we are looking for in a quality tuner would be for the CPU QB to avoid pressure smartly by favoring the part of his O line which is still intact or by drifting to the play side with the most receiver routes.

2nd thing would be to have sticks awareness and go ahead and run the 5 yards for the first down if everyone is covered

Next we want them to throw to receivers who are open but not open because EA made the user zone coverage worse

And when they throw, and this isn't too much to ask for, on 3rd down there should be missed throws on the run or when pressured. Just like in the NFL.

On 3rd if he can sit back there and look all day yes, he should make a completion.

I believe what people are writing about the roster ratings masking issues. And this means if EA listens then some of these global edits that are fixing game issues could be done easily in a roster update.

And yes, none of this will happen.
Old 09-06-2014, 07:12 PM   #229
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Some thoughts: The first half, there seemed to be no sack issues, the cpu and I had one each at halftime. Now, on 4 strait possessions, I've got 4 sacks, all of them resulting in a fumble by the qb. The cpu is its usual 80% completion percentage with under 200 yards, and the human running game is WAY too easy.

Edit: 5 Strait possessions, 5 Strait sack. Fumbles... Insane

Last edited by Gosens6; 09-06-2014 at 07:29 PM.
Old 09-06-2014, 07:19 PM   #230
Rookie

Welp this tuner kicked back the the Cam Newton intro, and reset everything so i lost my sliders. Thanks EA

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-06-2014, 07:33 PM   #231
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

This game is a travesty. What did they fix with the tuner? It seems to me all they did was break the human running game.

I quit with 9 minutes left in the 4th quarter after rushing for over 200 yards with reggie Bush, averaging over 8 yards a carry.

I had 8 sacks... 8.. With nine minutes left in the game. 5 of the sacks resulted in fumbled on 5 Strait possessions.

Cpu Matt Ryan threw the ball 24 times, completed 19 of them for a whopping 160 yards and no TDs.. That speaks for itself.

I'm sorry but this dev team just doesn't get it. This basic principles of football are so flawed in this game, it makes playing the cpu almost unplayable. This isn't fun, this is torture. I feel like a bug tester just trying to get the game to play the way it was intended.

But so many flaws, just one after another prevents most of us from doing that. I'm done. It's over for me. I hope they fix some of these things in a patch, but what else would they break? I thought the running game was one of the bright spots in M15, but hey, even that's ruined now. Guys who are saying they don't see it, I don't get it, but congratulations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2014, 08:42 PM   #232
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
This game is a travesty. What did they fix with the tuner? It seems to me all they did was break the human running game.

I quit with 9 minutes left in the 4th quarter after rushing for over 200 yards with reggie Bush, averaging over 8 yards a carry.

I had 8 sacks... 8.. With nine minutes left in the game. 5 of the sacks resulted in fumbled on 5 Strait possessions.

Cpu Matt Ryan threw the ball 24 times, completed 19 of them for a whopping 160 yards and no TDs.. That speaks for itself.

I'm sorry but this dev team just doesn't get it. This basic principles of football are so flawed in this game, it makes playing the cpu almost unplayable. This isn't fun, this is torture. I feel like a bug tester just trying to get the game to play the way it was intended.

But so many flaws, just one after another prevents most of us from doing that. I'm done. It's over for me. I hope they fix some of these things in a patch, but what else would they break? I thought the running game was one of the bright spots in M15, but hey, even that's ruined now. Guys who are saying they don't see it, I don't get it, but congratulations.

I would recommend heading over to the slider section. Just about all of us have tuned our sliders with the tuning update. You have plenty to choose from based on your style of play.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »