Home

NHL 15: Early Impressions from 360/PS3 Version

This is a discussion on NHL 15: Early Impressions from 360/PS3 Version within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-06-2014, 01:09 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
So I have EA access and one day left on season ticket. After using my time up in access I tried the 360 version. Like the review above says it practically the same game, physics have been improved but only people that played hundreds of games in nhl 14 would be able to tell a true difference. What stood out the most is how the ps4/Xone have a much bigger leap gameplay wise over it's older counterpart. It really made me appreciate the next gen version of nhl much more. It's just a shame everything else was sacrificed. We are all stuck in horrible place. Next gen is a great improvement on the ice but it's barebones for modes. Or you go with last gen to play a game loaded with modes but it's the same tired old A.I. And game on the ice. I for one could not handle another year of nhl 14 or Nhl 15 on last gen. Hopefully next gen gameplay can keep me invested in the game because there's not much more then that.
Old 09-06-2014, 01:47 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: NHL 15: Early Impressions from 360/PS3 Version

I uploaded a bunch of NHL 15 Xbox 360 videos from me playing the Season Ticket version yesterday.

I hope this footage helps you guys make an educated purchasing decision:

Let me know if you have any questions about the Xbox 360 version. I will be busy this afternoon (Vanderbilt vs. Ole Miss game), but I'll swing by later tonight to catch up on any questions.
Old 09-06-2014, 02:13 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 33
I am as frustrated as everyone about the lack of modes on the Next Gen release of NHL 15 albeit far from surprised. This is EA after all. I'm a however a little surprised on the fan fare regarding the minimal changes to the current gen version. After all, what were the big changes when comparing NHL 13 to 14. Pretty minimal once again.

EA are great at milking their games. They've given us 2 options. A great looking next gen product with just a couple of bare bone modes or the current gen option which is packed with modes but s otherwise just a roster update with new commentary. They have 2 games that appeal to 2 different demographics while spending the minimum amount of money in creating this either one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2014, 02:28 PM   #12
Rookie

N2J NY's Arena

OVR: 0

Thanks for the videos! According to this guy player progression in Be A GM is fixed and realistic stats are back. Are any of the new faces from PS4/XB1 included, like Bergeron or McDonagh?
Old 09-06-2014, 03:09 PM   #13
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
They didn't work on this versions as it was a copy paste job with "updated" rosters. They didn't work on next gen with 3/4 of the game still missing. What did they actually work on? I understand they are a small team, but come on man. Seeing the 360/ps3 is a copy paste job, there is no real reason for the xb1 and ps4 to be as bare bones as it is. I tried to stick uo for the Dev team, but not after this news. The hashtag on twitter might just be justified.
Is there really a proof that NHL dev team of EA is a small team? If it is..why they dont get more people to improve this NHL series. Ahhhh....because WE KEEP BUYING THEIR HALF-COOKED, POORLY MANAGED, AWFUL Product...that's why.

I dont believe that NHL is a small market that they will not get much money. Really? Sure if you compare NHL to NFL, NBA, FIFA, but there's so much hockey enthusiasts that if EA will really work on their craft people will buy. If you give them $10 profit in every single copy they sold and they are selling total of 700,000 (PS4/X1/old gen) thats 7M profit! Even a $ 1/per copy profit that is still $700,000!
Old 09-06-2014, 03:23 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

I haven't really noticed any banter between Doc and Edzo during the play, mostly stoppages. Love the idea they added the shot totals to the end of period summary, before heading to intermission. Something Gary and Bill didn't do. That'll save me from having to see how many shots were taken. Doc and Ezdo both sound very robotic. Ray actually sounds good.
Old 09-06-2014, 03:26 PM   #15
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
Is there really a proof that NHL dev team of EA is a small team? If it is..why they dont get more people to improve this NHL series. Ahhhh....because WE KEEP BUYING THEIR HALF-COOKED, POORLY MANAGED, AWFUL Product...that's why.

I dont believe that NHL is a small market that they will not get much money. Really? Sure if you compare NHL to NFL, NBA, FIFA, but there's so much hockey enthusiasts that if EA will really work on their craft people will buy. If you give them $10 profit in every single copy they sold and they are selling total of 700,000 (PS4/X1/old gen) thats 7M profit! Even a $ 1/per copy profit that is still $700,000!
A 7 million dollar profit is chump change compared to the money Fifa and Madden bring in and its not enough to encourage EA to increase their staff. That increases the production costs and would cut into their small profit. Madden and Fifa have large teams because they make large profits. You cant expect a big production team for a game that sells 500-600k a year,
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2014, 06:52 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 4

Custom goal horns still here I hope?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »