Home

Madden NFL 15 Pre-Week 1 Roster Update Available Now with Tuning Update

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Pre-Week 1 Roster Update Available Now with Tuning Update within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-06-2014, 02:46 PM   #217
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Madden NFL 15 Pre-Week 1 Roster Update Available Now with Tuning Update

Do the Pre-Week 1 rosters not automatically import when starting an online CFM? Created a test online CFM and they did not import. They're default Play Now so I figured it would be the same for online CFM.
Old 09-06-2014, 02:57 PM   #218
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

So after 4 games with this new tuner a couple things are obvious to me. All games were played at AP Default with INT at 25 for USER and CPU. All the games were played on Fast speed but I played one on very fast.

The QB AI issue remains. The decision making process of the CPU QB in a word is just awful. While the sack numbers have improved, the fix is being done with smoke and mirrors as opposed to some real under the hood adjustments that need to be made.

I can see where the chances of winning a sack were adjusted because the USER defenders take longer to get off of blocks. What they are not telling you is that the USER zone defensive player reactions were also adjusted to make up for the stupidity of the AI QB. They will always throw to the open receiver regardless of down and distance. The problem is that now, unless you are in man coverage you won't get realistic coverage. The zone defense for the user looks like M25. Stand around and react way too late. In these four games I felt like I had to go Man defense to have a chance at stopping the pass. So, adjust the winning percentage chance for a sack and nerf the user zone defense and the "problem is solved".

Unfortunately, as it usually does solving one problem created another one. The sack numbers are better, but Robo QB is alive and well again. Here are the QB percentages of the CPU passer in the four games I played:

Flacco(vs. Bengals)-88%
Bridgewater/Cassel(vs. Bucs)-85%
Locker(vs. Dallas)-68%
Carr-75%(vs. Seattle)

Prior to the update the QB completion percentages for the AI were spot on in my games. Play Now or CFM, didn't matter. I saw a good mix of off target throws due to realistic coverage and good pressure. I saw one errant throw from the CPU in 4 games.

Another thing about the sacks that I did record. Most of them occur when I'm in man coverage as well as when the CPU is inside my 30 yard line. Makes sense because it's easier to cover receivers in that area of the field. It proves the CPU AI is still not where it needs to be. I wonder if it ever will. Here are the sack totals in my 4 games

Bengals-8
Cowboys-1
Seahawks-8
Bucs-3

I never rush the passer. On the surface the numbers appear to be legit, but we all know that the "improvement" was made by nerfing other areas of the USER defense. I do notice that since the CPU has more time they are taking a realistic amount of shots down the field however, it seems that the tuner is just another band aid on a flesh wound. Sometimes I feel like this game is held together with band aids, duct tape, and string.

Other noticeable observations:

The running game is definitely easier. Remember M25? All those trap plays that were pretty much guaranteed 4-5 yards a carry? That was back in all of the games I played, but I'm not ready to mail it in as my best games were Lynch vs. Raiders and Doug Martin vs. Minnesota. My rushing totals:

D. Murray vs. Titans 23-78
Lynch vs. Raiders 28-139
Martin vs. Vikings 29-166
Bernard was over 4ypc but I didn't write the totals down.

I also notice more false start penalties for the CPU inside the red zone and kick returns are similar to last year. Some adjustment was made that is effecting that.

I guess it comes down to a pick your poison situation. Do you want high amounts of sacks and realistic QB percentages or lower sacks and robo? I am very hesitant to change sliders as there isn't a definitive answer as to how they work and their affect on the game. My philosophy is to make small adjustments one at time and see how they play out for 4-6 games. The fact that many of the so called "slider experts" were still adjusting M25 sliders up until the release of M15 has me questioning their "expertise".

I'm leaning towards ditching the tuner...
Old 09-06-2014, 03:04 PM   #219
Banned

OVR: 7

I only play MUT and the game plays much better with the tuner update. QBs aren't throwing ridiculous passes across the field, they are throwing bad under pressure, throwing the ball away as well... +1 from me.
Old 09-06-2014, 03:12 PM   #220
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Lol. I'll reiterate what everyone here has been saying and what I and many others already knew. Too many sacks against CPU are because QB REFUSES to throw the ball away and/or REFUSES to throw the ball when under pressure. After the roster update came out for reg season, I finally started a CFM with my dirty birds. I've been messing with sliders, so my results have nothing to do with default. However, pre-tuner, I was getting around 5 sacks per game (15 min qtrs, ACC clock), so I had things tweaked pretty decent for sacks. Post-tuner FIRST game vs Brees, NINE SACKS!!! Maybe, 2-3 were blitzes. All others were Brees holding onto ball too long refusing to throw the ball. If this happens first game against an upper echelon QB, I've got much more slidering to do! Lol. And, I don't believe this can be slidered out once again this year as there is something inherent in the programming that just can't pick up on the QB being under duress and simply throw it away. Oh well. Back to slidering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-06-2014, 03:46 PM   #221
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

How long does it take for this freakin' update to download? I've been waiting like 20 minutes and when I try to start Madden is says and an update file is downloading...WTH?

Never mind, finally loaded.

"If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" -Tuco

Last edited by Last Gunfighter; 09-06-2014 at 03:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2014, 05:09 PM   #222
Rookie

zizoux's Arena

OVR: 3

I've deleted the tuner but it's still too easy to run on all-pro.
Old 09-06-2014, 05:21 PM   #223
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

After multiple games with the tuner here's my impression:

The game plays the same minus the ability to sack the CPU QB.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 09-06-2014, 05:36 PM   #224
MVP

OVR: 0
Is there an official list as to what was tuned? I can't get a gauge on what was done by reading comments because everyone is saying different things. What OFFICIALLY got tuned?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »