Home

Madden NFL 15 Pre-Week 1 Roster Update Available Now with Tuning Update

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Pre-Week 1 Roster Update Available Now with Tuning Update within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-06-2014, 08:11 AM   #193
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Pre-Week 1 Roster Update Available Now with Tuning Update

I agree with what many said about pass
Blocking never being an issue. The time in the pocket was fine. Just needed to make the AI make quicker, better, decisions and make the qb completion percentage slightly lower. The game is playing easier now especially the run game. For those who say just adjust sliders, the whole reason we need tuners and patches is because the sliders don't work correctly or have very little influence. Been that way for years on madden and they never fix it.

Last edited by Muhuff; 09-06-2014 at 08:13 AM.
Old 09-06-2014, 08:29 AM   #194
Banned

OVR: 32

The pass blocking wasn't the issue. The issue was the jacked up ratings for the defenses. If you would go through Donnie Moore's fault roster, you would see with his acceleration ratings as well as his speed ratings for the defenses are off the charts. That is why I'm going through the rosters and making changes to the acceleration and speed ratings. This is making a significant difference in the gameplay. ea, this year, masked a problem with the AI by hiking the defensive ratings. What people don't seem to see, is that this game is so broken at its foundation, I don't think anyone knows how to fix it without starting over from scratch, so patchwork fixes are put in place, such as altering the ratings in such a way.

EA understands this. That is why year after year, because they are hanging on to a thread, they are having to use graphics to sell the game.

Long story short. Alter the agility speed and acceleration ratings for the defense, and you fix the problem with the sacks, without the need for the tuner. You may need to alter the ratings for the offense as well because those ratings are also out of whack.

Last edited by SECElit3; 09-06-2014 at 08:39 AM.
Old 09-06-2014, 08:49 AM   #195
Rookie

saybur's Arena

Third game of my CFM that I started after the update, I had 8 sacks(6 and 7 in the previous two games). I'm playing on All-Pro with CPU pass block at 65 and normal speed. I don't user control any of the D line and I'm still seeing an absurd amount of sacks. So what did this update really fix?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2014, 09:19 AM   #196
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by zizoux
Tried run blocking at 0. Still the same. All you have to do hit the turbo. Before the tuner I had to read the blocks carefully and find a hole to run.
Also outside run is so easy now.

Also try increasing the CPU tackling ability because the coincides with there ability to shed blocks too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-06-2014, 09:57 AM   #197
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Madden NFL 15 Pre-Week 1 Roster Update Available Now with Tuning Update

I played one post tuner update game and saw no difference in the run game. Def saw a difference in CPU pass blocking but as others have said the pass blocking isn't the issue. The issue is CPU QB holding the ball too long. The CPU qb's don't seem to scramble when they get outside the pocket and have space and they don't throw the ball away.
Old 09-06-2014, 10:33 AM   #198
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
The pass blocking wasn't the issue. The issue was the jacked up ratings for the defenses. If you would go through Donnie Moore's fault roster, you would see with his acceleration ratings as well as his speed ratings for the defenses are off the charts. That is why I'm going through the rosters and making changes to the acceleration and speed ratings. This is making a significant difference in the gameplay. ea, this year, masked a problem with the AI by hiking the defensive ratings. What people don't seem to see, is that this game is so broken at its foundation, I don't think anyone knows how to fix it without starting over from scratch, so patchwork fixes are put in place, such as altering the ratings in such a way.

EA understands this. That is why year after year, because they are hanging on to a thread, they are having to use graphics to sell the game.

Long story short. Alter the agility speed and acceleration ratings for the defense, and you fix the problem with the sacks, without the need for the tuner. You may need to alter the ratings for the offense as well because those ratings are also out of whack.
Great observation. Not sure if it's true but there's certainly been patch work that hasn't worked for years. They refuse to fix the gameplay and specifically
The sliders. If they made sliders like nba 2k that work problem would be solved. You adjust sliders by 20-30 points and it barely makes a difference. Just 1-5 points should make a difference. FIX THE SLIDERS EA!! It's only been years!
Old 09-06-2014, 10:33 AM   #199
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I played one post tuner update game and saw no difference in the run game. Def saw a difference in CPU pass blocking but as others have said the pass blocking isn't the issue. The issue is CPU QB holding the ball too long. The CPU qb's don't seem to scramble when they get outside the pocket and have space and they don't throw the ball away.
Well, Colin Kapernick is scrambling and tucking it down and running every chance he gets in my game. I love how I hit him--helmet high--while sliding and didn't get a penalty. He deserved that, lol.
Old 09-06-2014, 10:34 AM   #200
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by saybur
Third game of my CFM that I started after the update, I had 8 sacks(6 and 7 in the previous two games). I'm playing on All-Pro with CPU pass block at 65 and normal speed. I don't user control any of the D line and I'm still seeing an absurd amount of sacks. So what did this update really fix?
Well consider yourself lucky then. In my CFM, I have a D-Line of JJ Watt, Gerald McCoy, and an 82 overall Magnus Hunt, and even if I blitz the house, I still can't get any pressure on the QB. Watt and McCoy are pretty much useless now, and I've now faced Kellen Clemens and a rookie QB and they've completed over 90% of their passes.

Obviously I'm going to have to change my sliders a good amount. It's a shame because I was getting great gameplay before.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »