Home

Madden NFL 15 Pre-Week 1 Roster Update Available Now with Tuning Update

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Pre-Week 1 Roster Update Available Now with Tuning Update within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-06-2014, 02:11 AM   #177
MVP

BZito75's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Madden NFL 15 Pre-Week 1 Roster Update Available Now with Tuning Update

Hey all, I've been reading the civil war going on in here and figured I'd add my two cents lol.

Outside of qb accuracy and interceptions, I don't think any slider should be moved from default. Before I get yelled at, hear me out. The last 2 years we have all said the penalty sliders have a huge effect on gameplay and yet penalties are never called. Interesting right? Well think about what each penalty actually controls.

A lower setting for the specific penalty and in theory it will never be called which means the virtual player would be more inclined to abuse the infraction.

Example: sacks are too high + qb sits in the pocket too long begging to be sacked = lower intentional grounding penalty. The lower the setting the happier the qb feet become and they will throw it away while in the tackle box knowing it won't be called.

Running game now too easy? Raise holding and clipping. In theory if the penalty will be called 100% of the time! then the player would be more gun shy to attempt it.

I might be very wrong, but I just feel some of the issues we are all having can be fixed with just a penalty tweak.
Old 09-06-2014, 04:45 AM   #178
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

So far this game does look very buggy and I'm not happy but I'm not going to rip EA apart either. I think this game can be fantastic if they can get these patches out that can fix numerous issues. However, at the moment, this game is unplayable to me.

XBLGT: tjor24
Old 09-06-2014, 04:51 AM   #179
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman_legend
I like that the running game got easier :-)
I didn't track my stats but the run game seemed fine to me. It takes some getting used to the ball carrier and you actually seem to need a good OL. I did a fantasy draft and took AP and an OL full of 90's players and I was shredding defenses on all pro. I've been able to run fairly well with the raiders on all pro as well. I haven't touched AM though so maybe that's where some people are seeing issues.

I like it better than some past madden games where blitzing linebackers would just go straight for the qb so run blitzes could be useless at times and when the cpu would be desperate to get a stop it would blow up in their face as you ripped off a big gain.

XBLGT: tjor24
Old 09-06-2014, 05:00 AM   #180
Pro

kchuskey's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZito75
Hey all, I've been reading the civil war going on in here and figured I'd add my two cents lol.

Outside of qb accuracy and interceptions, I don't think any slider should be moved from default. Before I get yelled at, hear me out. The last 2 years we have all said the penalty sliders have a huge effect on gameplay and yet penalties are never called. Interesting right? Well think about what each penalty actually controls.

A lower setting for the specific penalty and in theory it will never be called which means the virtual player would be more inclined to abuse the infraction.

Example: sacks are too high + qb sits in the pocket too long begging to be sacked = lower intentional grounding penalty. The lower the setting the happier the qb feet become and they will throw it away while in the tackle box knowing it won't be called.

Running game now too easy? Raise holding and clipping. In theory if the penalty will be called 100% of the time! then the player would be more gun shy to attempt it.

I might be very wrong, but I just feel some of the issues we are all having can be fixed with just a penalty tweak.

I have intentional grounding at 10, and I had 7 sacks in the first half my last game, as the Chiefs vs Bengals. Yhat is with new roster, and the tuner.

"I remember a day before sliders existed, when we would play an entire season, before dinner."
Old 09-06-2014, 05:06 AM   #181
Rookie

OVR: 0
So annoying. I was having the most challenging, fun time I have ever had on Madden and now it just feels easy. I had 37 points with the eagles by half time, prior to the tuner update, I had never managed to hit that mark after a full game... I didn't just put the game down for a few hours and become an elite player via a recharge to my batteries either. The last time I played my franchise I was 21-6 down in a play off game. No doubt I'll turn that deficit around. This isn't a bash at EA either, it's more a bash at these cry babies who have been moaning about how 'brutal' madden is. EA can't win but it seems in not alone in my fear that they've spoiled it for the foreseeable. This could be like fight night champion all over again!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2014, 05:09 AM   #182
Rookie

zizoux's Arena

OVR: 3

I was kind of expecting that they'd nerf the running game. I've seen a couple of threads here about it being very difficult etc. Idk about the social media but I'm sure they've got a lot of complaints. I will remove the tuner now. I hope they fix it with a patch but highly doubt it. I suppose a lot of people are now content with the running game, so that's what matters for EA.
Old 09-06-2014, 05:11 AM   #183
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is there any way that I can remove the tuner at all??
Old 09-06-2014, 05:25 AM   #184
MVP

FluffyTonka's Arena

OVR: 8

what they need is sliders that actually work and have an effect.

that way the people thinking running was hard, can cheese with more ease, and everyone else can leave it default.

post tuner I've found all it's done has given qb's more time in the pocket and pass rushing less effective. like everyone has said, that was never the issue the issue was qb AI not picking up blitzes and acting on it.

QB's should be calling more screens, PA's, bootlegs, slants, read options and throwing it away etc etc ... instead it feels like EA gives the qb's more time in the pocket, because to be blunt, that's much easier than developing and programming QB AI.

Kaep just lit me up with a 144.1 passer rating, 88% completions and 3 TD's because he had half an hour in the pocket.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »