Home

Madden NFL 15 Pre-Week 1 Roster Update Available Now with Tuning Update

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Pre-Week 1 Roster Update Available Now with Tuning Update within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-05-2014, 11:14 PM   #161
Pro

Bull_Market's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Madden NFL 15 Pre-Week 1 Roster Update Available Now with Tuning Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Played a few games, they definitely nerfed the defense. IMO the CPU don't even play defense until the 4th quarter. Played on default All Pro, the running game definitely was made easier, the holes at times are HUGE up the middle, especially for the CPU. Stretch plays and outside zone runs are a lot easier to run now as well.

Pass rush doesn't exist unless you or the CPU blitz until the second half of the game. Even then most of the sacks come from the CPU QB either running directly into the defender or tripping over their own offensive lineman feet. I noticed for the human it is a hell of a lot easier to scramble now, especially in the 1st 3 quarters of the game because like I said the CPU don't play defense until the 4th quarter.

The CPU is able to convert 3rd downs at an insane high rate now. Don't matter if it is 3rd and 22, the CPU seems to always find somebody open for the first down most of the time. Both the CPU and human have way more time in the pocket to throw now. There is an increase in flags, however most of them are roughing the passer and false start against the CPU. I noticed on 3rd down you seem to get flagged for roughing the passer quite a bit.

Pursuit by the defense has been toned down. CPU WRs are more aggressive after the catch now. Human WRs still don't fight for the ball. CPU love to abuse inside slants all game long. Inside, outside, under and over the top shades either don't work or they are backwards. Because I swear when I press over the top, they go underneath, I press inside, they go outside. Play the sticks don't work what so ever.

CPU RBs are more aggressive. CPU punt returners how ever are still brain dead as ever. Seems to be a lot of injuries per a game now. Every RB human and CPU controlled seems to break the 1st tackle at least 98% of the time now. Screens finally work for both the CPU and human. Out of the games I played, didn't see a sack on a screen. Screen blocking however seems to be bad. Also CPU RB on screens don't follow their blockers, majority of the time they simply run right passed their blockers and end up getting tackled.

Maybe just me, but it seems like now I have quite amount of time on defense to pick my plays and make adjustments. I don't feel rushed like I did before pre-tuner. I also feel as though the stiff arm animation comes out too slow.

CPU QB completion percentages is still sky high. I saw maybe 2 or 3 off target throws per a game. With 1 of the off target throws always being a bullet pass thrown 5 feet above the WR head. CPU QB does do a much better job moving around the pocket, however they trip over their own linemen feet too much or they simply get stuck on their linemen's back. Which you know RBs in this game, human and CPU controlled also get stuck in their offensive linemen's back way too much. Sad thing is, you don't have control over it, it is like as soon as you take control of the RB, the RB is sucked into the back of a blocker automatically, regardless what direction you are a pressing on the stick. Doesn't happen all the time, but it happens enough every game that I notice it. It is as though offensive linemen have giant electro magnets in their backs or something.
Funny, I echoed some of this same stuff at noon today and I got the "placebo" back talk. Ive been playing Madden since '93. I know what I see when I see it and post-tuner the game has an all too familiar feel, and thats not a good thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2014, 11:20 PM   #162
Banned

Manning2Harrison's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino22
This is super frustrating. So, if we start a CFM the Rams will still have Sam Bradford starting and nonsense like that. Brutal. And apparently, this can't be fixed by a tuner either. It requires a patch...
And IR doesn't work. I've been working on getting the rosters down to 53 players and after putting Sean Lee on IR, the cut day requirements for that week did not change.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:24 PM   #163
MVP

OVR: 34

So am I correct in assuming this is only impacting human-cpu play?

Online, things seem to as they have been..passrush wise.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:26 PM   #164
Banned

Jibbler's Arena

OVR: 0

EA CFm really F'''k up the depth charts. Chicago's LOLB Jones you can't even put on the depth chart in CFM he doesn't show up as a option even though he is a LB
Old 09-05-2014, 11:30 PM   #165
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

After another game. I think the tune they did affect how the defence break blocks. They have more time fighting the block and this cause the running game to be easier.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2014, 11:33 PM   #166
XSX

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibbler
EA CFm really F'''k up the depth charts. Chicago's LOLB Jones you can't even put on the depth chart in CFM he doesn't show up as a option even though he is a LB
Im having trouble understanding. You started a cfm with a full roster in preseason, and Jones isnt even on the depth chart.

So is he off the roster entirely, or do you have the chance as a coach or owner to promote him to playing time?

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:35 PM   #167
Rookie

OVR: 0

This game has had the same issues for years. Each year it gets a visual upgrade, the online community is happy, but the simulation human vs com play is awful. The fact that someone has to spend time "adjusting sliders" for days just to get a halfway decent game from the CPU is ridiculous. Even more ridiculous is the fact sliders never work properly or have little influence. Wouldn't it make things easier if the sliders actually worked and had an effect? Then we could all customize a challenge for ourselves.

Last edited by Muhuff; 09-05-2014 at 11:38 PM.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:48 PM   #168
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm having some GREAT games with my fantasy drafted Patriots. I'm currently 4-3 and I've never had more than 4 sacks per game TOTAL for both teams. Using Armor's sliders and QB edit rosters.

The tuner today didn't really do much that I've noticed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »