Home

NBA 2K15 Player Rating - Andre Drummond (Overall 83)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Player Rating - Andre Drummond (Overall 83) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-05-2014, 01:25 PM   #57
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Player Rating - Andre Drummond Overall 83

If only Cleveland had drafted Drummond rather than Waiters, championship!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-05-2014, 01:25 PM   #58
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
I think they should be ranked about the same, I just could see 2K having Jordan considerably lower, which I wouldn't agree with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha I see no reason to rank Drummond better I see it as Jordan slightly better or even. He appears more agile who knows though +/-1 is about right that is like a roundoff
Old 09-05-2014, 01:51 PM   #59
Rookie

MikeBadge's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
Once your inside rating is in the upper 60's there is hardly any difference. The difference between Drummond and pretty much all of those guys is when he gets offensive rebounds he attempts the shots as tips so they counts as boards and shots. He doesn't make as many but they bring his % down at the rim. All this means is athletic rebounders can be 80's Expect Gasol to be rated better but not be able to board like him

Brom Bball reference.com
Drummond shot 143 tip shots made 55% of them
Jordan shot 55 tip shots made 36%
Wright shot 11 tip shots mad 46%

I would imagine he had to shoot the most tip shots out of the whole league
That's a good point and the fact he attempted so many tips probably effected his paint numbers. (I do wonder if he would have been more effective bringing some of the rebounds down and going up again. But on some rebounds that was his probably only option. It's a complicated topic.)

I still think the guys in the low to high 70s have put a significant gap between them and him. Guys like Marc Gasol, Plumlee, and and DeAndre are close to 5 percentage points up. Wright is a solid 11 percentage points ahead (though he might be a bit of an anomaly).

Drummond is definitely an above average player around the rim. Just not sure I would call him really good there. I agree with your points though.
Old 09-05-2014, 02:25 PM   #60
I smell sulfur...

Kodii Rockets's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Where did you see that? If any center is a 90, I'd make it Joakim Noah. I admit my Bulls bias, but the dude was in the conversation for MVP. This is coming from the guy that raged when he was picked!
MAN, I hated that pick. Looking at him with his dumb hair and his stupid seersucker suit just pissed me off, I hated that kid at Florida, but once he got drafted and I had to accept him as our own, I grew to love him. I wouldn't trade him for anything(except the LeBron's/KD's of the world)

But in regards to your original post, I don't think he should be rated a 90, I'd give him a 86-87 though...

Also looking for solid CF25 Dynasty owners, follow the link to get started >> PS5 P5 Dynasty Discord
Old 09-05-2014, 04:13 PM   #61
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Everyone in this thread is missing the most important thing... They fixed the Pistons jersey.

They definitely fixed the piping, and possibly darkened the blue to match real life.

This bodes well for the Raptors jerseys as well.

2k14:
2k15:

As for the ratings, who cares what the overall is as long as they play like themselves on the court, and as long as their stats at the end of a simulated season reflect the players real life stats.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2014, 04:53 PM   #62
Pro

ecovyoudug's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K15 Player Rating - Andre Drummond (Overall 83)

Well we all know how tricky 2K is with their rating systems in the past. So lets see what this all consist of, it may make more sense. I change ratings myself every year so I'm not bothered lol. Drummond will be 76-77 at best in my game. Very talented player who has potential to be special in the league, he and DeAndre are very similar. I'd give the nod to DJ though, who I feel finally cracked 80 in my book.
- Philadephia 76ers
- Los Angeles Rams
Old 09-05-2014, 06:07 PM   #63
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodii Rockets
MAN, I hated that pick. Looking at him with his dumb hair and his stupid seersucker suit just pissed me off, I hated that kid at Florida, but once he got drafted and I had to accept him as our own, I grew to love him. I wouldn't trade him for anything(except the LeBron's/KD's of the world)
Right there with you. I would not trade him for ANY other center in the league. Including Howard.

Quote:
But in regards to your original post, I don't think he should be rated a 90, I'd give him a 86-87 though...
I wasn't saying he should be 90. I was saying that if ANY center were a 90, it should be him. That's all. I'd say he's and Howard are 88-89.
Old 09-05-2014, 09:39 PM   #64
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: NBA 2K15 Player Rating - Andre Drummond (Overall 83)

People who say Drummond has no offensive skill isn't doing any homework. He has less of his made baskets assisted than people like Blake Griffin, Serge Ibaka, and Anthony Davis.

Drummond post game is raw and mostly basic, but it certain isn't nonexistent. When you couple his budding post game with his elite level touch around the basket I think in his prime he surpasses Howard especially offensively.

This is just a taste of his offensive skillset.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

Last edited by da ThRONe; 09-06-2014 at 04:04 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »