Home

Kevin Durant Rated 95 in NBA 2K15, 3 Other Players Rated Above 90, Who Deserves It?

This is a discussion on Kevin Durant Rated 95 in NBA 2K15, 3 Other Players Rated Above 90, Who Deserves It? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-03-2014, 05:18 PM   #97
MVP

RocketTMac1's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Kevin Durant Rated 95 in NBA 2K15, 3 Other Players Rated Above 90, Who Deserves I

I'm trying to understand why people think Melo is a 90's rating player when Harden clearly isn't..........

Melo is mainly an offensive player who has moments on defense. While PG13 is an all around guy who can do what Melo does.
Old 09-03-2014, 05:24 PM   #98
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Kevin Durant Rated 95 in NBA 2K15, 3 Other Players Rated Above 90, Who Deserves I

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketTMac1
I'm trying to understand why people think Melo is a 90's rating player when Harden clearly isn't..........

Melo is mainly an offensive player who has moments on defense. While PG13 is an all around guy who can do what Melo does.
Melo has been doing his thing for a long time. PG and harden both haven't been consistent long enough To be on Melos level. PG started off the year shooting 47 and somehow ended up wit the same fg percentage as JR smith. He isn't even close to consistent on offense and had a down year in every category except points, 3s and and free throws. Pg cannot carry a team.at allll. And as for harden. He is a product of the nba. He shoots a ridiculous amount of free throws and still shoots 45 percent. Doesn't make any sense. He also contrary to assist stats is a ball stopper. Both are good young players but neither are on Melos level and I gurantee if you ask any top player they will tell you the same
Old 09-03-2014, 05:27 PM   #99
Rookie

Danbo80's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm a Knick fan and Watch Melo every game. I think some people are underating just how good of a offensive player he is. His biggest drawback is shot selection, not offensive talent.
Ratings should be based off of talent. Tendencies should dictate how they play.

In my opinion that would make Melo a 90.
Old 09-03-2014, 05:31 PM   #100
MVP

RocketTMac1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhail92
Melo has been doing his thing for a long time. PG and harden both haven't been consistent long enough To be on Melos level. PG started off the year shooting 47 and somehow ended up wit the same fg percentage as JR smith. He isn't even close to consistent on offense and had a down year in every category except points, 3s and and free throws. Pg cannot carry a team.at allll. And as for harden. He is a product of the nba. He shoots a ridiculous amount of free throws and still shoots 45 percent. Doesn't make any sense. He also contrary to assist stats is a ball stopper. Both are good young players but neither are on Melos level and I gurantee if you ask any top player they will tell you the same
..............all you said was offense things. Which shows that Melo is just that. PG is a better all around player. And that is what dictates ratings. KD improved defense and is an offensive beast, LBJ is LBJ, CP3 is a do it all point guard, PG is arguably the third best SF. Is Melo a better offensive threat? Yup. But not a better overall player than PG. Once Melo plays D on a consistent level then he will be acknowledge as a true top all around player like LBJ and KD. Right now he isn't that.
Old 09-03-2014, 05:36 PM   #101
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketTMac1
..............all you said was offense things. Which shows that Melo is just that. PG is a better all around player. And that is what dictates ratings. KD improved defense and is an offensive beast, LBJ is LBJ, CP3 is a do it all point guard, PG is arguably the third best SF. Is Melo a better offensive threat? Yup. But not a better overall player than PG. Once Melo plays D on a consistent level then he will be acknowledge as a true top all around player like LBJ and KD. Right now he isn't that.
read my statement above about melos defense compared to lebrons statistically this year. He also had more blocks than bron and PG. seems pretty consistent to me. Melo points(by a lot), rebs(is shorter), fg percentage, 3 point fg percentage and blocks. PG steals, free throw. Melo>> PG.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2014, 05:38 PM   #102
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeness23
Durant, LeBron, CP3, and it should be someone like Anthony Davis or even D-Rose after seeing how good he looks in FIBA play, but the last will probably be Melo even though he's not much of a defensive player.

You must not be watching the same game as the rest of us because D-Rose is playing horrible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-03-2014, 05:46 PM   #103
MVP

RocketTMac1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhail92
read my statement above about melos defense compared to lebrons statistically this year. He also had more blocks than bron and PG. seems pretty consistent to me. Melo points(by a lot), rebs(is shorter), fg percentage, 3 point fg percentage and blocks. PG steals, free throw. Melo>> PG.
Numbers do lie sometimes. I could look up Melo's defensive stats in terms of blocks compared to a known defensive guy in the past like Bruce Bowen and Melo would probably have better looking stats. Or even a Shane Battier.
Old 09-03-2014, 05:48 PM   #104
MVP

RocketTMac1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheel4lyfe851
You must not be watching the same game as the rest of us because D-Rose is playing horrible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In terms of movement and confidence in his knee D.Rose looks great. No one (atleast not me) is expecting him to look like the D.Rose of old in terms of offense until around Christmas

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »