Home

Kevin Durant Rated 95 in NBA 2K15, 3 Other Players Rated Above 90, Who Deserves It?

This is a discussion on Kevin Durant Rated 95 in NBA 2K15, 3 Other Players Rated Above 90, Who Deserves It? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-03-2014, 02:07 PM   #73
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Kevin Durant Rated 95 in NBA 2K15, 3 Other Players Rated Above 90, Who Deserves I

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
I find it hard to believe that Melo dropped below 90 from what a 92 last year.

you realize the joke of a roster 2k has had in the past is no longer in effect right? guys should no longer be rated off their media hype
Old 09-03-2014, 02:14 PM   #74
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Kevin Durant Rated 95 in NBA 2K15, 3 Other Players Rated Above 90, Who Deserves I

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanbarkley
I wouldn't be surprised if they had changed how overall rating works man, the guy isn't specially good in any other field different to getting buckets...
I think they probably did but the funny thing is Melo defense in the post is actually very good much better than Durant, Paul George probably a strength thing. Melo is an average shot blocker but averages more blocks per game than LeBron 0.7 to 0.3 Bpg, average passer, average help defender, average wing defender. However when you look at when players are playing against him he doesn't really get scored on the way people think.

Check out his actual PER allowed over 48 minutes to estimate how much people are really scoring on him assist, reb, etc when he is on the floor. It is very low.

http://www.82games.com/1314/13NYK11.HTM
Old 09-03-2014, 02:23 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
I think they probably did but the funny thing is Melo defense in the post is actually very good much better than Durant, Paul George probably a strength thing. Melo is an average shot blocker but averages more blocks per game than LeBron 0.7 to 0.3 Bpg, average passer, average help defender, average wing defender. However when you look at when players are playing against him he doesn't really get scored on the way people think.

Check out his actual PER allowed over 48 minutes to estimate how much people are really scoring on him assist, reb, etc when he is on the floor. It is very low.

http://www.82games.com/1314/13NYK11.HTM
Thank you. So many people have this misconception that Melo is a horrible defender. He's isn't elite but he's better than the league average imo. Maybe on Denver he was below average. But since he's been on the Knicks he hasn't been bad. Harden however is hard to watch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2014, 02:45 PM   #76
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by syncinatti
Thank you. So many people have this misconception that Melo is a horrible defender. He's isn't elite but he's better than the league average imo. Maybe on Denver he was below average. But since he's been on the Knicks he hasn't been bad. Harden however is hard to watch.
Yeah that Melo is a horrible defender doesn't fit with how he has played on the Knicks. People define defense so many ways but I would say he is average perimeter defender but on post defense is where he can use his strength as an advantage against most if not all 3's not named LeBron and some 4's and he is above average there. He is not blocking shots like Serge but is good for his height and size.
Old 09-03-2014, 02:56 PM   #77
Pro

Kevin Durant. Lebron. CP. Carmelo.

No more 2 90s on one team. K Love gonna be 88 89 at best.
Same with Westbrook. As it should be...

These are the only 4 players whose skill set deserves a 90...

Even Carmelo is pushing it, but I can't think of anybody else...

Sidenote. I see people talking about Carmelo's defense but defensive rebounding is apart of defense.
Carmelo creates new offensive possessions by grabbing rebounds...It's not always about blocks and steals. You have to secure the ball to be able to go play offense, lol...He may not be the best one on one defender and he may not even try that hard, lol but for somebody who carries so much offensive usage...you can only expect him to have so much energy...ALA Kevin Durant...He's not an elite defender by any means...But his scoring supplements that. Same with Carmelo.

Last edited by 24ct; 09-03-2014 at 03:00 PM.
Old 09-03-2014, 03:00 PM   #78
Pro

Quote:
Yeah that Melo is a horrible defender doesn't fit with how he has played on the Knicks. People define defense so many ways but I would say he is average perimeter defender but on post defense is where he can use his strength as an advantage against most if not all 3's not named LeBron and some 4's and he is above average there. He is not blocking shots like Serge but is good for his height and size.
That and they only repeat what they hear the media say*
Old 09-03-2014, 03:03 PM   #79
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24

The real test will be analyzing the ratings three years in. I like that they are not as generous with the out of the box ratings but if there are an overabundance of rookies and other younger players that are overrated in regards to their potential, it will be the same ole story.
Old 09-03-2014, 03:08 PM   #80
MVP

OVR: 17

Not saying its going to be represented in the game, but I think Anthony Davis will be the 3rd best player in the league this year after LBJ and Durant.

LBJ - 97
KD- 95
CP3 -92
A. Davis -90

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »