Home

Madden NFL 15: Online Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: Online Impressions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-01-2014, 11:00 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Madden NFL 15: Online Impressions

Gorilla and it get worse. There are quite a few money run plays in this game. You are going to have to Madden it to stop these runs. Game always starts out feeling new, but then after a week online I realize the SAME TACTICS are still in play because they refuse to address the larger issues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2014, 01:28 PM   #26
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Gorilla and it get worse. There are quite a few money run plays in this game. You are going to have to Madden it to stop these runs. Game always starts out feeling new, but then after a week online I realize the SAME TACTICS are still in play because they refuse to address the larger issues.
Yeah and that's unfortunate.

Probably why I have gone from playing 300+ games a year to just 15 last year.

It's either being ignored or the online issues can't be fixed.
Old 09-01-2014, 03:23 PM   #27
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Out of curiosity and for discussion sake, why do you think they program stuff other than football fundamentals? Is it easier to add "shortcuts", is Madden coding so tangled they can't add real fundamentals without starting from scratch, lack of talent by the engineers, something else entirely or some combination?

Madden may not be so bad as long as one doesn't expect it to be anything other than Madden and that's cool but I wonder why hasn't the game moved beyond its' legacy by now. I agree that online H2H seems to expose the core of the game and there seems to be this constant that no matter what is added to improve the football in the game, it doesn't change that core.

For example, no matter what anyone's football game preference, it's a fact that Madden, NFL Fever, NFL2k/APF and BackBreaker all provide a different core experience to playing a football video game, so with all the claims of trying to make Madden more like football, less like Madden I wonder why after all this time and new consoles, its' still so Madden.
Old 09-01-2014, 03:41 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin McKoy
Also from what i have noticed, it appears our good friend strong power has made its way back. Particularly out of twin pistols, but it is still really effective in regular balanced double tight end sets also.

That is still the hardest run play to stop, i will come out in a under defense to decrease the bubbles in the formation, even spread my linebackers out, doesn't matter they still run you over with this play. Its almost making me want to hang up the cleats until next year.

Ran into two seperate users who just ran this play the entire game. You would think it would get boring for them, but I guess not. I felt helpless trying to stop it, felt like a matter of luck.
Old 09-01-2014, 04:13 PM   #29
Rookie

bodymore's Arena

OVR: 4

Just ran into a user who ran ace single back every play. When he didn't run it he threw it to the tight end on a corner route. He would throw it as soon as he broke to the corner. This was against the chiefs and Alex smith. I tried cover two, 3 and 4 and I also hot routed my lb in man coverage.

I also tried to shade outside, which doesn't work at all.

The only way I stopped it was manually taking my defender and covering the route. There should be some type of awareness where defenders should know if the same plays are being run over and over. I shouldn't have to control every player.

Last edited by bodymore; 09-01-2014 at 04:15 PM.
Old 09-01-2014, 04:43 PM   #30
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodymore
Just ran into a user who ran ace single back every play. When he didn't run it he threw it to the tight end on a corner route. He would throw it as soon as he broke to the corner. This was against the chiefs and Alex smith. I tried cover two, 3 and 4 and I also hot routed my lb in man coverage.

I also tried to shade outside, which doesn't work at all.

The only way I stopped it was manually taking my defender and covering the route. There should be some type of awareness where defenders should know if the same plays are being run over and over. I shouldn't have to control every player.
That's what I find so odd about the ability to see your opponents previous play yet the AI doesn't adapt using that knowledge. My guess is that was some kind of compromise with the guys that think adaptive AI is the game playing for you, so instead the show the last play, expecting the User to adjust manually. There is just a different philosophy when it comes to Madden that's a part of the games legacy.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:53 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2
played it online last night and was underwhelmed. The git that I played against was focusing on bread and butter plays and waited until I picked my offense to let the pc help him choose his defense. Dude keep running power sweeps to great effect, even against a 4-6. I would not mind it much but the tackling was just off for some reason. Bigger fun still, dude would just run dime and then moved his D-End into zone coverage, yeah that was cool.

Still I kept it close and lost on a last minute hail mary with 4 of my defenders never bothering to jump and swat the ball. Amendola caught it even though he was the shortest dude covered by 4 players. Better still he muscled in for the TD. Amendola- power Slot receiver - yeah right. LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2014, 07:58 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Out of curiosity and for discussion sake, why do you think they program stuff other than football fundamentals? Is it easier to add "shortcuts", is Madden coding so tangled they can't add real fundamentals without starting from scratch, lack of talent by the engineers, something else entirely or some combination?

Madden may not be so bad as long as one doesn't expect it to be anything other than Madden and that's cool but I wonder why hasn't the game moved beyond its' legacy by now. I agree that online H2H seems to expose the core of the game and there seems to be this constant that no matter what is added to improve the football in the game, it doesn't change that core.

For example, no matter what anyone's football game preference, it's a fact that Madden, NFL Fever, NFL2k/APF and BackBreaker all provide a different core experience to playing a football video game, so with all the claims of trying to make Madden more like football, less like Madden I wonder why after all this time and new consoles, its' still so Madden.
I don't think they program it that way. I think the issue is the legacy code is still there. They are just adding stuff on top of it. I don't think they can rip all of the legacy code out or they will radically break the game, so they just add on top of it and do what they can with it. I think the code is old as dirt probably.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »