Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-31-2014, 10:43 PM   #657
Rookie

AshamanCarnage's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelhood19
Ha. Exactly right about the zones and play the sticks, shade this, and that. I don't think they work either. I always call protect sticks on 3rd down. For two reasons. To get the CPU to actually throw deep and to, well, "protect this sticks ". I notice ZERO difference. Same with shade underneath and all that. No difference at all for me. Again, on All Madden.
What about when you guess pass? I know guessing run to a certain side sends everyone, but what does guessing pass do? I haven't really noticed much of anything.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:43 PM   #658
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
At first I just thought it was buzz zones, but I am starting to think all zones simply don't work. Once again, unless the Raiders are simply that damn bad. They couldn't cover anybody and made Phillip Rivers look like Tom Brady in his prime, even with a 10 throwing accuracy.
The more I play, the more I'm convinced user defense is broken or bugged in some fashion. It plays pretty much exactly like M25 on the 360 for me with really bad man-to-man and zone play. No matter what I do or call my guys just don't do anything and it's pretty much the same on All-Pro. If they tune the CPU QB to get rid of the ball quicker and take more chances it wouldn't be as bad but still aggravating.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:12 PM   #659
Rookie

hazelhood19's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshamanCarnage
What about when you guess pass? I know guessing run to a certain side sends everyone, but what does guessing pass do? I haven't really noticed much of anything.
Another good question. I think it's supposed to not make your players fall for PA, but like you, I haven't noticed anything either.
Old 09-01-2014, 12:13 AM   #660
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
1. Is it just me or does shade inside, shade outside, shade underneath, shade over the top and protect the sticks don't seem to work ? If anything it seems to make the CPU WRs get open even more wide open then they normally .
I get this feeling all the time. I play inside and get burned on a slant. But I feel like that with a lot of strategies. My last online opponent was running screens or going to Antonio Gates every play so I picked zone defenses and assigned a safety or db to man up on Gates while I manually slipped out to blow up the screen plays. He drove the entire field with Gates wide open the whole way and I'm like wtf he should be manned up, even doubled most of the time. Next drive I say screw it and switch to base man coverage and AJ Hawk handles him in single coverage no problem. Julius Peppers got manned up on Gates once and got a pick. I don't get it sometimes.
Old 09-01-2014, 12:28 AM   #661
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiterateoption
My initial impression was, "holy crap, this is a totally different madden." The graphics, the presentation...even some gameplay elements felt different.

Now..., after playing since release day...my thoughts are "meh." Its madden. Its the NFL and football in video game form so I'll play it but this isn't a groundbreaking game by any stretch.

Has the presentation improved? Yes.
Are the graphics awesome? Yes.
Are the modes fun and will keep me playing? Yes.
Is the Gameplay where it needs to be for a next gen console? NO. NO. NO.

EA needs to completely re-tool the animations, make players feel individualized, and where's the strategy? I mean...every play should be a chess match and its just not. The new menus are clunky and there's not enough time to do anything with the suggestions and pre-snap options.

Living worlds? Player sense 2.0? Neither of these elements are living up to the hype so far.

Similar to 25 on next gen, everything feels so rigid and straight lined. I don't feel like Madden 15 on next gen, from a gameplay standpoint, offers a completely new and "Next-Gen" experience when compared to NCAA14 and M25 on 360. Next gen has been SUCH a huge disappointment. I feel like I wasted $500 for prettier graphics.

NCAA 14 XB360: 7/10
Madden 25 XB360: 7/10
Madden 25 XB1: 4/10
Madden 15 XB1: 6.5 *Updated*/10
One thing I failed to mention was regarding USER Control. Several here brought this up...but compared to last gen, I feel like in M15 that I have very limited user control. There's a delay or something but at least with M25 or NCAA14 on 360 I felt like I had full control of my players. Ugh. The more I play M15 the more disappointed i become.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2014, 12:38 AM   #662
Banned

OVR: 28

The more games I play, the worse it's getting. The line play is a complete mess. Just had a bunch more plays where I dropped a DE into a zone, and the opponent's RT just stood there flat footed staring at the sideline. The QB rolled out, my DT broke free from the guard, and teh RT still didn't move. The DT even ran into his back, but the RT didn't even turn around. Awful. Then the QB crossed the line of scrimmage in front of 3 defenders standing completely still. They didn't even move until he got 5 yards over the line. New year, same problems. OH well.
Old 09-01-2014, 01:13 AM   #663
Rookie

cp22's Arena

OVR: 3

The online play of this game does not get enough recognition. Smooth lag free gaming every single time. Good job EA
Old 09-01-2014, 01:38 AM   #664
Rookie

AshamanCarnage's Arena

OVR: 2

Does anyone feel their isn't a sense of awareness with players? I don't really see them fighting for that first down or to fight to get the ball across for the TD. Even players like Peterson get stood up or brought down relatively easy one on one just inches away.

Blockers casually jogging by a DE or OLB who de-cleats me, wide receivers sprinting straight out of bounds, user Pass D non-existent, etc.

The game is decently fun, but some of these things have been around for SO long.

Last edited by AshamanCarnage; 09-01-2014 at 01:46 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »