Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-31-2014, 09:26 PM   #649
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Is that the in game sim thing. I just forgot what it was called.

The time isn't balanced so they run a ton of plays. They've never fixed that.
Yep, that's it. I'd heard it was bad, but I just had to see it for myself. A little surprised it's THAT bad.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:27 PM   #650
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
1. Is it just me or does shade inside, shade outside, shade underneath, shade over the top and protect the sticks don't seem to work ? If anything it seems to make the CPU WRs get open even more wide open then they normally be.

2. I am really getting highly annoyed by WRs momentum carrying them out of bounds on drag routes and out routes. Same thing happens when I try to dump the ball to my HB or FB.

3. I swear there is a delay at times when it comes to the USER controlling a player. A lot of times I want to make a cut or a turn but the player don't immediately respond. I noticed this when I want to throw a stiff arm too. Half the time nothing happens. And on running plays up the middle, half the time I feel as though I am sucked into the butt of my blockers, like I have no control of the player until he is into the back of the blockers.

I noticed you really notice this lack of control when you play as a lower rated team. I just played as the Raiders and it was TERRIBLE. Felt like half the time I had zero control of what my players were doing.

4. Speaking of the Raiders, this brings me to offensive linemen who don't BLOCK ANYBODY on running plays or passing plays. They just stand there and let a defender run right passed them. I don't know if the Raiders offensive line is that bad or what, but that crap was happening every play. Every cut scene I would watch the right tackle and left guard just constantly not block anybody, just standing there clueless.

5. At first I just thought it was buzz zones, but I am starting to think all zones simply don't work. Once again, unless the Raiders are simply that damn bad. They couldn't cover anybody and made Phillip Rivers look like Tom Brady in his prime, even with a 10 throwing accuracy.

I swear this Chargers vs Raiders game playing as the Raiders was the most irritating game I ever played.
That D is terrible. Rivers did shred them last year. I think I remember a 35 of 40 something, 400+ yard game against them last year.

Zones still may be broken, but the Raiders may be a poor test case.

Last edited by bkrich83; 08-31-2014 at 10:09 PM.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:28 PM   #651
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
Yep, that's it. I'd heard it was bad, but I just had to see it for myself. A little surprised it's THAT bad.
To get accurate numbers you need to use 5 min qtr.s i believe.

4 years and they haven't touched that mode. Lame.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2014, 09:29 PM   #652
Rookie

hazelhood19's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
1. Is it just me or does shade inside, shade outside, shade underneath, shade over the top and protect the sticks don't seem to work ? If anything it seems to make the CPU WRs get open even more wide open then they normally be.

2. I am really getting highly annoyed by WRs momentum carrying them out of bounds on drag routes and out routes. Same thing happens when I try to dump the ball to my HB or FB.

3. I swear there is a delay at times when it comes to the USER controlling a player. A lot of times I want to make a cut or a turn but the player don't immediately respond. I noticed this when I want to throw a stiff arm too. Half the time nothing happens. And on running plays up the middle, half the time I feel as though I am sucked into the butt of my blockers, like I have no control of the player until he is into the back of the blockers.

I noticed you really notice this lack of control when you play as a lower rated team. I just played as the Raiders and it was TERRIBLE. Felt like half the time I had zero control of what my players were doing.

4. Speaking of the Raiders, this brings me to offensive linemen who don't BLOCK ANYBODY on running plays or passing plays. They just stand there and let a defender run right passed them. I don't know if the Raiders offensive line is that bad or what, but that crap was happening every play. Every cut scene I would watch the right tackle and left guard just constantly not block anybody, just standing there clueless.

5. At first I just thought it was buzz zones, but I am starting to think all zones simply don't work. Once again, unless the Raiders are simply that damn bad. They couldn't cover anybody and made Phillip Rivers look like Tom Brady in his prime, even with a 10 throwing accuracy.

I swear this Chargers vs Raiders game playing as the Raiders was the most irritating game I ever played.
Ha. Exactly right about the zones and play the sticks, shade this, and that. I don't think they work either. I always call protect sticks on 3rd down. For two reasons. To get the CPU to actually throw deep and to, well, "protect this sticks ". I notice ZERO difference. Same with shade underneath and all that. No difference at all for me. Again, on All Madden.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:42 PM   #653
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
To get accurate numbers you need to use 5 min qtr.s i believe.
Thanks for telling me that. The stats were nuts on 15 minutes. I was about to give up.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:49 PM   #654
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Alright looking at the Raiders rosters in the manage roster area.

They are rated 72, the lowest rated team in the game.

Matt Schaub has a very weak arm, which would explain why all his deep passes were under thrown.

Maurice Jones-Drew has very low ratings, lower then I thought he would have, that would explain why I couldn't run for crap with him.

Piss poor WRs, which would explain why they took forever to get open and dropped so many passes.

Their starting right tackle has 57 AWARENESS, WTF. No wonder he was just standing there every play not blocking anybody. And their starting left guard has poor blocking stats, which would explain why people ran right by him with ease.

Both of their outside linebackers have very low awareness.

Other then the 2 starting CB, all the rest of the CB have very low awareness.

So in a nut shell, the Raiders really are that damn bad. Holy crap.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:11 PM   #655
Banned

One terrible programming issue, one carry-over bug from 25:

1. In overtime, first possession, my CPU opponent drove down the field and kicked a field goal... ON FIRST DOWN. What the heck???

I then got the ball back and drove down the field, threw a TD pass, and won the game.

Why in the world did it kick a field goal? It only recognized that the clock was expiring, but didn't recognize it was overtime and probably had no recognition of the overtime rules.

Inexcusable.

2. The CPU AI defense still calls a timeout near the end of the game even if you're not about to kick a field goal. Same bug from Madden 25.

The game is fun, but some of this stuff is just arrrrrgggghhhh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2014, 10:19 PM   #656
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
Thanks for telling me that. The stats were nuts on 15 minutes. I was about to give up.
That issue actually dates back to the My Player mode that came out in NCAA.. Not sure why they've never addressed it. Having the right amount of time tick off per play depdning on play type and result isn't that difficult and text sims have been doing it for decades.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »