Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-31-2014, 09:14 PM   #641
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Let me preface this again by saying this is hands down the best Madden I have ever played and quite frankly the best console football game as well. It is light years ahead of last gen.

But some warts are showing and I am believing this team will address them in next years game because a super solid foundation is now in place. OL/DL is really magnificent. truly awesome and a game within a game now.

However WR/DB interactions must be a huge focus next season. This is the area that is a killer right now. The cpu WR's are not fighting for the ball and therefore making the deep ball difficult this year. I like to not user catch...but I am getting to a point where when I get a WR open on a post or flag....I may start taking control of them to make the catch...because they are not making enough of an effort.

It is what it is.

Also AI is questionable in short yardage and goaline situations. This needs to be tuned. Will EA use game tuners this year?

Sacks and pass rush are overpowered this year. It needs a nerf on a patch. But not too much. Just balance it. QB's pocket awareness is off as well and I have been forced to do QB edits to rectify this. Problem is 4-5 years into CFM rookie QB's will populate the league and you can't edit them within CFM....another area EA needs to give us control again. We should be able to edit ratings in CFM whenever we want. Please give us that back.

But still a wonderful game, a huge improvement from all the average to uninspired games from last gen save for M10, 12 and 25.

I am having a wonderful time playing Madden 15.
Agreed on all your points.

What i don't get about the WR aggresion is, sometimes they fight for the jump balls and sometimes they don't.

Sometimes I almost think all our slider tweaking has unintended results. Don't know.

WR/DB interaction and QB decision making have to be primary focuses next year, if they can not be patched this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2014, 09:15 PM   #642
Banned

OVR: 0

Wow. Sim stats are bus-ted. Drew Brees threw 99 passes, racked up 785 yards, and RG3 threw 84 passes and racked up 691 yards. Alfred Morris rushed for 302 yards.

Final score: Redskins 72 Saints 67
Old 08-31-2014, 09:16 PM   #643
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I honestly don't watch any of that stuff. Those dudes take the fun out of gaming. Plus they manipulate things to make their points.

They have one goal, internet fame. No thanks.
Personally doesn't take the fun out of it for me. Most of the things he mentions are noticeable whether I watch his videos or not. Tiburon shouldn't give him so much material, lol.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 08-31-2014, 09:16 PM   #644
Rookie

Metalskull79's Arena

OVR: 1

They are going in the right direction. Xbox One#1
Old 08-31-2014, 09:17 PM   #645
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
Wow. Sim stats are bus-ted. Drew Brees threw 99 passes, racked up 785 yards, and RG3 threw 84 passes and racked up 691 yards. Alfred Morris rushed for 302 yards.

Final score: Redskins 72 Saints 67
Is that the in game sim thing. I just forgot what it was called.

The time isn't balanced so they run a ton of plays. They've never fixed that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2014, 09:19 PM   #646
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Personally doesn't take the fun out of it for me. Most of the things he mentions are noticeable whether I watch his videos or not. Tiburon shouldn't give him so much material, lol.
Ehh.. At this point, the game is fun to me, that's all I care about. . I have no desire to go on bug hunts. To each their own, but I don't put a lot of stock in the opinions of people who are simply looking for YouTube fame.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:21 PM   #647
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

1. Is it just me or does shade inside, shade outside, shade underneath, shade over the top and protect the sticks don't seem to work ? If anything it seems to make the CPU WRs get open even more wide open then they normally be.

2. I am really getting highly annoyed by WRs momentum carrying them out of bounds on drag routes and out routes. Same thing happens when I try to dump the ball to my HB or FB.

3. I swear there is a delay at times when it comes to the USER controlling a player. A lot of times I want to make a cut or a turn but the player don't immediately respond. I noticed this when I want to throw a stiff arm too. Half the time nothing happens. And on running plays up the middle, half the time I feel as though I am sucked into the butt of my blockers, like I have no control of the player until he is into the back of the blockers.

I noticed you really notice this lack of control when you play as a lower rated team. I just played as the Raiders and it was TERRIBLE. Felt like half the time I had zero control of what my players were doing.

4. Speaking of the Raiders, this brings me to offensive linemen who don't BLOCK ANYBODY on running plays or passing plays. They just stand there and let a defender run right passed them. I don't know if the Raiders offensive line is that bad or what, but that crap was happening every play. Every cut scene I would watch the right tackle and left guard just constantly not block anybody, just standing there clueless.

5. At first I just thought it was buzz zones, but I am starting to think all zones simply don't work. Once again, unless the Raiders are simply that damn bad. They couldn't cover anybody and made Phillip Rivers look like Tom Brady in his prime, even with a 10 throwing accuracy.

I swear this Chargers vs Raiders game playing as the Raiders was the most irritating game I ever played.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:21 PM   #648
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
PS4 version? If yes, then something is wrong on my end, because the lighting never changes in my game.
Nothing wrong with ya game homie. Lighting is not progressive in 15. Hawley is wrong.

Maybe they meant to do it, but something happened. That's the only explanation I can think of for why Rex said it was in the game when it's not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »